broke up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laundry

Sponsor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
guys...i think my girlfriend and I just broke up....

something about spending too much studying for DAT and school and not enough time for her...

Members don't see this ad.

something about spending too much studying for DAT and school and not enough time for her...

I broke up with mine b/c she was too needy. I had to do it for the sake of dentistry haha. Ball'in

Reactions: 1 users

You can always date me... I mean, if you're not too picky about me being a duck and all.

But seriously, I hope everything is okay.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your not alone...I just graduated and me and my bf broke up. It happens, you'll find someone new:)

Sorry to hear that, but if that is her attitude, you are probably better off. I have an intimate relationship with my laptop lately that makes my husband so jealous he wanted to have an "intervention" today by unplugging my internet. I was armed with a curtain rod if he tried to pull that ;) Not suggesting anything.

Truthfully, if she had a problem with you studying too much or the DAT, well, it is a good thing you found out now so you can have time looking for someone who will be there for you. If she coudn't handle the amount of time for the DAT she would have been miserable during d-school. I am grateful that my wife is understanding, but my wife and I have to introduce ourselves each time I go to bed because she doesn't like sleeping with strangers.:)

Sorry to hear it happened.

Yes you are one lucky son of a beep

hopefully it won;t affect your performance on the DAT.

Hey Pre-Dental, I have a very serious problem. I'm f*cking crying because of how stupid I am.

Okay, so my girlfriend was supposed to come over to my house today because I was going to go take her to a movie. She lives about 20 minutes away, and the movie we were supposed to see started at 4:15, which was in about 40 minutes. I figured "cool, I'll just play Pokemon while I wait".

So I'm playing Pokemon, and having a pretty damn good time. Anyway, she finally does show up, except she's crying as she walks into my room. Instead of doing the right thing by comforting her, I half-focus on my game and her. She starts telling me her cat died, and just as she was getting into it, I get into a random encounter in my game.

A shiny pidgey. Holy ****. (For those of you who don't know/care, shiny pokemon have less than a 1/1000 chance of appearing). I stare into my screen in amazement, yelling "holy ****, YES", interrupting her mid-story. She sobs more, and she starts to yell "You don't even f*cking care! YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR F*CKING GAME!" I'm still looking at my screen, still focusing on catching my shiny pidgey, when she walks over, and tosses the game against the wall. I run over and pick up my DS hoping that nothing has changed on screen, and quickly noticed that she broke it. My system and my shiny pidgey, gone forever.

I start screaming every obscenity I know, and started flailing my arms around. I didn't know she was behind me, and apparently I backhanded her in the face while I was being a ******* and swinging my fists around. She yells out "F*CK YOU", and runs out of my house in tears.

What have I done? I've f*cked up so badly, and I need to know how to approach her. I don't want a game of Pokemon to be responsible for ruining my best relationship ever. Help me Pre-Dental.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey Pre-Dental, I have a very serious problem. I'm f*cking crying because of how stupid I am.

Okay, so my girlfriend was supposed to come over to my house today because I was going to go take her to a movie. She lives about 20 minutes away, and the movie we were supposed to see started at 4:15, which was in about 40 minutes. I figured "cool, I'll just play Pokemon while I wait".

So I'm playing Pokemon, and having a pretty damn good time. Anyway, she finally does show up, except she's crying as she walks into my room. Instead of doing the right thing by comforting her, I half-focus on my game and her. She starts telling me her cat died, and just as she was getting into it, I get into a random encounter in my game.

A shiny pidgey. Holy ****. (For those of you who don't know/care, shiny pokemon have less than a 1/1000 chance of appearing). I stare into my screen in amazement, yelling "holy ****, YES", interrupting her mid-story. She sobs more, and she starts to yell "You don't even f*cking care! YOU JUST WANT TO PLAY YOUR F*CKING GAME!" I'm still looking at my screen, still focusing on catching my shiny pidgey, when she walks over, and tosses the game against the wall. I run over and pick up my DS hoping that nothing has changed on screen, and quickly noticed that she broke it. My system and my shiny pidgey, gone forever.

I start screaming every obscenity I know, and started flailing my arms around. I didn't know she was behind me, and apparently I backhanded her in the face while I was being a ******* and swinging my fists around. She yells out "F*CK YOU", and runs out of my house in tears.

What have I done? I've f*cked up so badly, and I need to know how to approach her. I don't want a game of Pokemon to be responsible for ruining my best relationship ever. Help me Pre-Dental.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry man. You'd have to be a genius to make this **** up. But yeah that's life.

wtf?: http://www.xanga.com/sdb2404

this is even more funny than the first time you posted it a couple of months ago :laugh:

sorry to hear but everything happens for a reason, usually turning out to be the best

take a day off to cool your head get all your emotions out and then BACK TO DAT PREP. break ups suck but ya gotta push forward still and stay strong. get being upset out as much as you can now so it doesnt linger and distract you while studying....gotta focus ;)

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear that. But as someone kinda said earlier, it's better to find out sooner rather than later. You really need someone that's going to be supportive of your goals at this stage in your life. Think of it this way, it might be easier to focus without that added stress :)

so funny how you posted this, i just got into a arguement with my gf about marriage and what not..

at the rate im going im going to graduating dental school when im 27 and she says she wont wait till 27 till i graduate..
she basically gave me a ultimatum.. somehow midway through the argument i realized marrying her while im in dental school isnt so bad, just wont have a fancy wedding or a fancy house to store her in..
sigh

having grad skool sucks, because you cant just start your life after college, theres a long process..

when i get rejected from my 1st rounds fo dental school i have another post of a fight withmy gf
haah
- Danny

HAHAHA! omgosh. that story is hilarious. yea..i broke up with my bf coz he had issues with 1. TIME. 2. fearing that i'll make too many friends that i wont have time for him. BLAH. showed him the door. been there done that. now i coudlnt' have been more happier.
my advice? DATE someone who is willing to understand that you are going to be S.T.U.D.Y.I.N.G the entire years at dental school and that yes. you wont have time for him/her but regardless of what you are doing that your heart still beats everyday for her/him. now IF your s/o understands..your good to go.:thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLDoJvAdrBM&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

How many more pokemon have you caught in the meantime?

Dude hang in there man. Don't worry bro!

How many more pokemon have you caught in the meantime?

you have too much time on your hands if you're going thru archives and bringing up old threads... n maybe i have too much time if i actually notice it... ;)

you have too much time on your hands if you're going thru archives and bringing up old threads... n maybe i have too much time if i actually notice it... ;)
This is what happens when one avoids studying.

Once you get that DDS she will regret it and realize why you worked so hard!!!

-Her loss, she'll brag one day about how she once dated you lol jk hahaha

eh girls are overrated. all about bromance ;)

So your GF overreacted when you were busy studying for the DAT. What's going to happen when you're busy studying for the next four years in dental school?

She'll be studying for dental school!!!! :)

hey pre-dental, i have a very serious problem. I'm f*cking crying because of how stupid i am.

Okay, so my girlfriend was supposed to come over to my house today because i was going to go take her to a movie. She lives about 20 minutes away, and the movie we were supposed to see started at 4:15, which was in about 40 minutes. I figured "cool, i'll just play pokemon while i wait".

So i'm playing pokemon, and having a pretty damn good time. Anyway, she finally does show up, except she's crying as she walks into my room. Instead of doing the right thing by comforting her, i half-focus on my game and her. She starts telling me her cat died, and just as she was getting into it, i get into a random encounter in my game.

A shiny pidgey. Holy ****. (for those of you who don't know/care, shiny pokemon have less than a 1/1000 chance of appearing). I stare into my screen in amazement, yelling "holy ****, yes", interrupting her mid-story. She sobs more, and she starts to yell "you don't even f*cking care! You just want to play your f*cking game!" i'm still looking at my screen, still focusing on catching my shiny pidgey, when she walks over, and tosses the game against the wall. I run over and pick up my ds hoping that nothing has changed on screen, and quickly noticed that she broke it. My system and my shiny pidgey, gone forever.

I start screaming every obscenity i know, and started flailing my arms around. I didn't know she was behind me, and apparently i backhanded her in the face while i was being a ******* and swinging my fists around. She yells out "f*ck you", and runs out of my house in tears.

What have i done? I've f*cked up so badly, and i need to know how to approach her. I don't want a game of pokemon to be responsible for ruining my best relationship ever. Help me pre-dental.

haha pokemon! Woww

im the newest member of the break up club :(

Just remember that you need to take time out to unwind-otherwise, stress can & WILL cause problems... Honesty is the best policy, & 1/3 of the relationship is communication, right? You have love for her (also 1/3 of the relationship), or you would not be concerned about what happened. You understand that she is going through a very emotional time after losing her cat. Be there for her. Explain that you were not intentionally ignoring her. Does she have a favorite past time? If so, bring that up to her, reminding her of how involved she gets in her favorite game/other... If she has a weak spot for movies & a nice dinner (or whatever she really likes), take her out - then sit down & talk.... reverse the thinking - do the enjoyable first - that way both of you are more relaxed. It should help. When it comes to losing a pet, it can be an emotional crash & burn. Regardless of how old we are!
Good luck in getting back together. Then replace your game unit...de-stressing DOES help the mind & body!

*sighs* we will eventually go through that one day

Okay I am pretty sure this guy has become a dentist, met, and married someone totally different by now. This was 7 years ago guys...LIG