Bryn Mawr Postbac-reapplying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringdoc528

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was on the waitlist for Bryn Mawr's postbac program but was just removed from the waitlist.
The decision letter said that I can reapply next October and the program coordinator said that applying earlier would give me a better chance of being accepted next year.
Has anyone reapplied to the program in the past?
I've been admitted to other postbac programs but I would like to reapply to Bryn Mawr next October if it works similar to deferred admission. If it's gonna be very competitive again and I may not get in, I don't know if I want to risk myself of not having any postbac programs to attend.

Members don't see this ad.

From my understanding, Bryn Mawr's post bac is always very competitive to get into.

Reactions: 1 user
The program is always competitive, but there are actually a few in this year's class who were in your exact situation, it's more common than you think. Definitely reapply! It's a different, much easier process to reapply and you can still apply to other programs. The early action program just means you are guaranteed a response by December, it doesn't restrict you to only applying to Bryn Mawr.

From my understanding, Bryn Mawr's post bac is always very competitive to get into.

They pretty much like young enough, superstar, career-changer applicants. You will see on their web page how they post all those from top universities and Ivy Leagues, who have done unusual things for humanity, and who have pristine academic records and standardized test scores.

That may be fine, and you may fit w/ the above, but it's incredibly expensive as well. If you are a career changer looking to move forward into medicine, you may not want to put all your eggs in one basket or waste your money and time on them again. Opinions will vary, but they are as they are. If you fit into their tight mold and you want to spend that money, great. I haven't applied to them but know of others who have. When there are a number of options that will get you where you want to go, why waste your time on them? OTOH, if you have the money and want to spin the wheel again with them, just throw them on your list, but again, don't put all your eggs into this basket.