B's in social science courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rayden001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a junior with a biochemistry major at a small liberal arts college. I am required to take several social science classes to receive a BA degree. The problem however, is that I mostly have B+/B in them. Needless to say my BCPM GPA is a higher that my overall GPA. I understand that adcomms want well-rounded applicants. Do you think this would affect my chances? Any input is highly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently a junior with a biochemistry major at a small liberal arts college. I am required to take several social science classes to receive a BA degree. The problem however, is that I mostly have B+/B in them. Needless to say my BCPM GPA is a higher that my overall GPA. I understand that adcomms want well-rounded applicants. Do you think this would affect my chances? Any input is highly appreciated.

no, as long as everything else is in order (MCAT, EC's etc)

i wouldn't worry about them too much.

Relax. You'll be fine. A few Bs never killed anyone... particularly if your science grades are good.