BU advanced standing 2016-2017 admission cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any idea upto how many batches have they finished interviewing?
Last I heard was 5 batches (29 sept , 13 oct , 20 oct , 3 nov and 17 nov). So 3 batches interviewed till now.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an invitation to interview at Boston earlier this week. The date is for January 12, 2017. Super early to plan ahead, but I'll still go! haha

I received an invitation to interview at Boston earlier this week. The date is for January 12, 2017. Super early to plan ahead, but I'll still go! haha
Congrats, can u share the date application submission?

Last edited:
Congrats, can u share the date application submission?

Thanks! Not sure, but I submitted around early April. Didn't get a completion email until recently and just sent my updated CV last month.

Thanks! Not sure, but I submitted around early April. Didn't get a completion email until recently and just sent my updated CV last month.
Thanks for sharing, best wishes for the iv.

Congrats for the iv invite.....can you please share your stats

I applied in june. The sent me the review mail. The BUID emails.
No interview email though. Desparate to hear from them.

Hi can somebody tell me how to send toefl scores to CAAPID ? do you upload it in the program material section or you the enter the scores under standardized test section ?

Hi can somebody tell me how to send toefl scores to CAAPID ? do you upload it in the program material section or you the enter the scores under standardized test section ?
You enter your score in the section of standardized tests and also send the score to CAAPID through your ETS account.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied in june. The sent me the review mail. The BUID emails.
No interview email though. Desparate to hear from them.
Could u pls share ur stats? N also tel me wen u received ur BUID?

Honestly I don't even know .. I'm hoping for the best. My application is under review since March 28th. But BU don't start sending invites until September. Anyway apply as soon as possible Becoz most of these schools have rolling admissions[/QUOT

LOR is supposed to be written by someone who has supervised you in clinical and academic set up, so you can't use a letter from faculty who never taught or trained you.
also most schools have a requirement of 1 letter to come from Dean of the institute you graduated from. Advise to you would be to contact BU and tell them about your case and may be they can let you use LOR from ex-faculty/Dean of the school OR you can just get letters from the ex-faculty ,their position might have changed but they are still dentists who can submit an evaluation for you.
Do u have any update about BU?

hi,silly question.. i just applied for the first time to BU and after i applied they sent me e-mails asking to link the accounts with Caapiid account and get a BU ID number. When i reached the stwp to select if i had an previous affiliatiom qith then or no..for some reason it didn't let me to hoose No and i ended completing everything marking yes. I got an BU ID number but i'm afraid i did something wrong..besides.. i think i read about the creation of an account to follow up the applicatio but i never reach that step either.

I did recieved the "application complete" e-mail. Is this okay or you guys and user and password to folpw the app in BU? I would love help. Thank you and good luck.to everyone!

hi,silly question.. i just applied for the first time to BU and after i applied they sent me e-mails asking to link the accounts with Caapiid account and get a BU ID number. When i reached the stwp to select if i had an previous affiliatiom qith then or no..for some reason it didn't let me to hoose No and i ended completing everything marking yes. I got an BU ID number but i'm afraid i did something wrong..besides.. i think i read about the creation of an account to follow up the applicatio but i never reach that step either.

I did recieved the "application complete" e-mail. Is this okay or you guys and user and password to folpw the app in BU? I would love help. Thank you and good luck.to everyone!
Was the Application complete email from CAAPID or BU ?

There is no such account , u submit application on CAAPID then receive BUID email when that is done ur application completed now just wait for their updates on your email.

I think they are done sending invites for now. They will resume in January to send more invites.

Any idea how many new batches invited?

Interviewers at BU are friendly. It lasted 10-15 mins for me. The questions are mostly resume based. Also, they will be asking questions like how many preps you did back at your school etc. They mostly look for how friendly and talkative you are.

Interviewers at BU are friendly. It lasted 10-15 mins for me. The questions are mostly resume based. Also, they will be asking questions like how many preps you did back at your school etc. They mostly look for how friendly and talkative you are.
Pls share ur stats

hi! i just applied and really want to know updates about the process of admission! thankssss

Could u plss share ur experience

I have my interview on 19 Jan..Can anyone guide me on the same please?

Any updates? Have all IV calls been sent out?