BU advanced standing 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good For you! Congrats!!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't receive anything, I submit my application in mid of july, my stats are part 1, part 2, gpa 3.9, TOEFL 94 and I am currently working as dental assistant in CA. Is there any chance for me to get an interview???????

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't receive anything, I submit my application in mid of july, my stats are part 1, part 2, gpa 3.9, TOEFL 94 and I am currently working as dental assistant in CA. Is there any chance for me to get an interview???????
I have almost same stats and applied in July, Haven't heard anything yet..

my status is part 1 part 2,gpa 4 ,toefl 101 and i am volunteering for past couple of months. I applied at the end of may and haven't heard anythg!!!

Hey guys ..... Any more under review or IV emails ??

This wait is terrible.. BU has never been nice to me... This is my 4th year application in a row

This wait is terrible.. BU has never been nice to me... This is my 4th year application in a row
Wow 4 years? Never applied elsewhere? What are your stats, if you dont mind.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow 4 years? Never applied elsewhere? What are your stats, if you dont mind.

That should be no surprise!!!!!

I know lots of people that have applied for four years and some even more than four years. This is my fourth time applying. Here is what I have:

Part one
Part two
TOEFL above 100
Average GPA
MPH
Dental Public Health Post Grad
Publications
Volunteer Experience
Work Experience
Observer-ships (More than 10 dentists)

Just to clarify, I have applied to most of the dental schools. This year I have my part two done.

I know lots of people that have applied for four years and some even more than four years. This is my fourth time applying. Here is what I have:

Part one
Part two
TOEFL above 100
Average GPA
MPH
Publications
Volunteer Experience
Work Experience

Scary

Part one
Part two
TOEFL above 100
Average GPA
MPH
Publications
Volunteer Experience
Work Experience

Just to clarify, I have applied to most of the dental schools. This year I have my part two done.
Hi,
From where have you done your MPH?
Just enquiring because I'm also planning to persue MPH.
I'm planning to do MPH from NYMC. Does it matter to them? As in from which college we do MPH?

Hi,
From where have you done your MPH?
Just enquiring because I'm also planning to persue MPH.
I'm planning to do MPH from NYMC. Does it matter to them? As in from which college we do MPH?

Hey I sent you a message. It does not matter where you do it from. Just my opinion

That profile is amazing man!! really good for you. WE all wish you good luck as well as ourselves who don't have such profile.. lol ....good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I sent yu a message. It does not matter where you do it from. Just my opinion
From where you did your dental public health post grad? You can Inbox me.
Just wanted to know for myself

Hie did any one who applied in June got a mail ??

Has anyone who was waitlisted last year heard anything from boston university? Last year at this time they had already accepted the waitlisted candidates

Last edited:
Hi, I 'm still struggling with my Toefl.

My start is

NBDE Part 1: Pass
Toefl: 99 (but my speaking is only 20, is it too low?)
GPA: 3.5
Shadowing in a US private clinic for 3 months
BD & MD in Dentistry

I 'm going to take Toefl again, so I will apply for BU in Nov, is it too late? Do they really focus on Toefl scores?

its been a month since i have got their under the review mail :(....Anyone heard anything from the university?

Unfortunately, not yet! and clear_mint, 99 is a good score..don't worry...keep it up!

My stat NBDE 1 And NBDE 2, TOEFL-108, Research, vounteering, Publications, Shadowing. Completion JULY

Part one
Part two
TOEFL above 100
Average GPA
MPH
Publications
Volunteer Experience
Work Experience

Wow Doc, yours is awesome profile. wonder why they haven't picked your application yet.
My stats are average but I have lot of experience in the US.
All the best to you and also for myself! :xf:

What happened to people wjo attended interview on oct 1 and oct8

Is bu on holidays ?? If not, then why are they not sending any sort of mails to any one ... Hey guys if any one of u has got a interview call on dates other than oct 1&8 then please do share it here

it was a v casual conversation. why dentistry. why US. barely a 15 min interview

Reactions: 1 users
no i did not. nobody has heard from them

Reactions: 1 user
no i did not. nobody has heard from them

How many candidates were interviewed in the first batch?
Do you know when are they going to invite the second batch?

When Boston send the invites. How many batches are done till now