BU advanced standing 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the people who got interviewed.. How long does BU take from the day of the interview to send acceptance or rejection guys?

Members don't see this ad.

10 in my batch as well. Until now 4 batches should have been interviewed. Still waiting... Hopefully by next week BU should start accepting candidates.
Hi Drmuelitas83, could you share when was your interview and how long does it take to receive the acceptance? Did you have any news yet? good luck!!

For the people who got interviewed.. How long does BU take from the day of the interview to send acceptance or rejection guys?
Anytime from your interview till June /July.. They don't tell a specific time. They say we could give the results anytime

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Any one who applied in August got an interview please let me know!!

I think that people who applied in September got Interview call!!

Hey,
Can you please tell me exactly what they asked if you dont mind? I hv to appera next week. Pls help me with questions. I wil appreciate your help.

Hey,
Can you please tell me exactly what they asked if you dont mind? I hv to appera next week. Pls help me with questions. I wil appreciate your help.
Can you share your date of submission And stats please

Don't get disappointed guys!! I saw that in Facebook.. I am not sure about the process that is involved in reviewing..

Members don't see this ad :)
When is your interview 1907. According to your previous posts, u submitted your application on Sept 23. Did u get any review email or just an email stating that your application has been received and direct interview email???

Dentistusa15 , since u have been waitlisted last year, could you please share your Interview experience of last year. Is there a bench test?

When is your interview 1907. According to your previous posts, u submitted your application on Sept 23. Did u get any review email or just an email stating that your application has been received and direct interview email???
Nov 12th. Got under review and interview email same day. I think they always send under review first.

I submitted in august..nothing after that

Does anyone know if TOEFL scores are an important consideration for selecting candidates at BU. Coz my toefl score dropped to 99 from 106 coz of disturbances at the testing center. Should i retake it ? any advice.

Does anyone know if TOEFL scores are an important consideration for selecting candidates at BU. Coz my toefl score dropped to 99 from 106 coz of disturbances at the testing center. Should i retake it ? any advice.
I had some technical issues during my test. I contacted Ets that it was unacceptable. They offered me a free test. At the same time I got re evaluation done for my speaking section. My score raised from 98 to 102.

Hi the 102 score you got is after re evaluation of speaking or in free test taken again. And also where( country) and when you took your toefl exam. Iam worried as I gave my test fee days back. What problem you had in the testing center too? Hope you will clear my confusion.

Hi the 102 score you got is after re evaluation of speaking or in free test taken again. And also where( country) and when you took your toefl exam. Iam worried as I gave my test fee days back. What problem you had in the testing center too? Hope you will clear my confusion.
I took it in USA on step 18th. My head phones stopped working during one of the lectures in listening section. Aft speaking to Ets and aft they verified my technical issue they offered free retest. But before that I had already requested re eval cos my speaking score was less and I was confident I didn't perform so bad. I waited for my re eval result before I decide to retest. I got reeval result in my favor hence I didn't appear for test again.
I hope it's clear now.

Yes it is clear now. And thank you for your time.

From what batch,
I think they are from one of the first batches in Oct, from what I heard, there will be batches in Nov. for interview and December will be OFF, batches will resume in January.

It is so discouraging that people who applied in September have gotten interviews, apparently applying early doesn't matter much.

:arghh::arghh::arghh: does that mean people who applied earlier and didn't hear anything don't have chance anymore?

Anyone who got an "underreview" in mid october got an invite?

Last edited:
yeah i think so . I don't think it would be for whole month though only two weeks

Congrats! :D
Mind sharing your stats with us?
Hi.
GPA 3.8
Research MSc in North America (with publications)
2 years of North American dental experience (shadow)
Loads of volunteer work
NBDE pt 1 & 2
TOEFL 105
CE Courses

Hi 1907, how was your interview? Can you please elaborate on what they asked you? Thanks in advance!
Interview was good. Since it's an open file interview they ask you everything related to your application. I would say more of conversation.

I submittd in june end and haven't heard from them as yet...is this wht all of u have got

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    253.8 KB · Views: 102
Everyone who submitted an application to BU has got that email...