BU advanced standing 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys do you know when exactly they will stop for the holidays?
Is there one more batch b4 that ?
when they will continue ?

Members don't see this ad.

How Can we update new toefl score to BU? I already submitted my application long back with previous score.

Email this guy:

Tobias R. Kahan, Assistant Director of Admissions
Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine
100 East Newton St., Suite G305
Boston MA 02118-2308 USA
617-638-4787
[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
How Can we update new toefl score to BU? I already submitted my application long back with previous score.

Did you apply through CAAPID?
if you did u can upload your new score there....

would u mind sharing your previous and new toefl score??

Not a pretty good score. Previous was 96. Now it's 102.

Not a pretty good score. Previous was 96. Now it's 102.

That's a good enough score. I got accepted with a 96 :) so from my personal experience you are all set specially now with 102. Remember that Toefl is just 1 of the many many qualifications that they look at in a candidate. Also the score is just a number but the personal interview is the real test of your English proficiency. Good luck to you all.

Thank you so much.
That's a good enough score. I got accepted with a 96 :) so from my personal experience you are all set specially now with 102. Remember that Toefl is just 1 of the many many qualifications that they look at in a candidate. Also the score is just a number but the personal interview is the real test of your English proficiency. Good luck to you all.

Thank you.Happy for you doc. But cases like you are 1 in 100. As you said it's better to have 100+toefl to avoid any risk. It's not worth to try luck sometimes where things are getting complicated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone personally contacted the school for interviews in december?

Anymore invites out for december or January

Hey guys m new to this group!! Got accepted at bu a week before and wanted to share my experience N hope it's helpful!
My stats- Part 1, 2 gpa-3.8, toefl- 101, lots of volunteering & shadowing, ce courses and worked as a dental assistant as well!
I was in the October batch probably the third batch n my interview was about 25-30 mins & there was a just a little conversation in that!
Mine was mainly about endodontics to b more specific it was the root canal treatment and different techniques of doing it as it was taken by a program director but he was very kind and nice!
Don't lose hopes, keep trying and for sure u will b there! All the best.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys m new to this group!! Got accepted at bu a week before and wanted to share my experience N hope it's helpful!
My stats- Part 1, 2 gpa-3.8, toefl- 101, lots of volunteering & shadowing, ce courses and worked as a dental assistant as well!
I was in the October batch probably the third batch n my interview was about 25-30 mins & there was a just a little conversation in that!
Mine was mainly about endodontics to b more specific it was the root canal treatment and different techniques of doing it as it was taken by a program director but he was very kind and nice!
Are there batches in december

Aside from your very strong stats, when did you apply and were you recommended by anyone inside of BU?

Hey how many people do they usually interview each year for 75 seats? Because I got an interview on January

Last edited:
Please could you share your interview questions thanx in advance

@Rere2016 when did you receive the interview email ? and what are ur stats ? When did u complete ur application ..

I received the invitation on the 17th of November and I completed my application on April
But this is not my first interview I already did one for the university of pansalvenia and then I got a rejection email so I don't want to raise my hopes that why I asked how many people they interview every year

Can anybody who did the interview for Boston university please share your experience and how long after the interview you get an answer thank you all

That's great!

I have a 96 too, I have taken the toefl a couple of times and always got a 25+ in the speaking section, but never more than a 94 in the whole exam. Now that I got a 96 my speaking score dropped to 22... I don't know if it would affect my chances because in their webpage they say the requirements are the following...

Listening 18
Reading 21
Speaking 23
Writing 22

Could you please tell me if your score met all the subsections requirements??

I am thinking about taking the exam again...

Thank you!

Can anybody who did the interview for Boston university please share your experience and how long after the interview you get an answer thank you all
Don't worry. It's just a conversation depending on what you have in ur application. They make you comfortable. People got acceptance within 10 days though I am still waiting to hear back.
Gud luck!!

That's great!

I have a 96 too, I have taken the toefl a couple of times and always got a 25+ in the speaking section, but never more than a 94 in the whole exam. Now that I got a 96 my speaking score dropped to 22... I don't know if it would affect my chances because in their webpage they say the requirements are the following...

Listening 18
Reading 21
Speaking 23
Writing 22

Could you please tell me if your score met all the subsections requirements??

I am thinking about taking the exam again...

Thank you!

Yes I would think that you have to take it again because your speaking is not meeting the requirement of 23. Mine were all above the requirements and a 96 total... So as long as you are right at the requirement or slightly above you should be fine in my opinion. Good luck!

Please could you share your interview questions thanx in advance

The interview is very personal and is all about you and your personal and professional background. Nothing to stress about, just know why you would love to attend BU and why you deserve a spot. That's it... Good luck!

After the interview you could hear back from them anytime. They never tell you. It could be the next day, a few days or even a few weeks latter, or for some others it is the next year or some people just never hear back from them again. Nobody knows.

After the interview you could hear back from them anytime. They never tell you. It could be the next day, a few days or even a few weeks latter, or for some others it is the next year or some people just never hear back from them again. Nobody knows.
Thank you and good luck To you
But if you don't mind do you know how many people they invited so far and how many people got accepted

Rere2016
please check your pm folder.
Thanks!

Got an interview for 21 january!!:):) can anybody please share the interview experience at BU
:soexcited::soexcited:

Hey all my friend just told me that Boston university just sent the invitation for another group on February 4th

Thank you and good luck To you
But if you don't mind do you know how many people they invited so far and how many people got accepted

Unfortunately I don't know how many people have been interviewed so far, about acceptance I am not sure exactly how many but roughly around 40 people have now been accepted.

Oh thank you so much I really appreciated your help

Hey all my friend just told me that Boston university just sent the invitation for another group on February 4th

Can you please tell us when did he receive the email ??
Do you know if there is more IV to be send on Feb ? or Feb 4th is the last?

Reactions: 1 user
He received his invitation last week
And i think for sure they will send invetation for at least one more group because the application dead line is at the end of this month so there are people still applying

Last edited:
Can you please tell us when did he receive the email ??
Do you know if there is more IV to be send on Feb ? or Feb 4th is the last?
He received his invitation last week
And i think for sure they will send invetation for at least one more group because the application deadline is at the end of this month so there are peoplestill applying