Bu and dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premedman

Future dentist, I hope
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this a good route in whcih to gain admission into a dental school?

Members don't see this ad.

u might be better off w/Barry Univ. 1yr masters program (miami, FL).

Members don't see this ad :)
PineappleGirl said:
On their website they mention people in the MA program doing on to do dental school, but it seems like the majority of people go on to US allo med schools:

http://cobalt.bumc.bu.edu/current/Catalog/medsci/intro.htm

I just found out that BU's MA (Medical Science Program) also has a concentration in oral health sciences for those who want to boost their dental applications as well. It apparently is something new because it's not even on the website yet.

Since BU has a dental school, is it safe to assume f you do well in the masters program that you have a solid shot of getting into the dental school? I am jsut afraid i will do greta, and still not get in, only to have a mountain of debt

ghadiel said:
I just found out that BU's MA (Medical Science Program) also has a concentration in oral health sciences for those who want to boost their dental applications as well. It apparently is something new because it's not even on the website yet.

Right, we simply don't know anything about this pathway yet. Exactly how many classes will be taken with the dental school class? Is there the research thesis/library thesis/no thesis option like the med students have? Ghadiel, what else do you know about this concentration?

sidewalkman said:
Right, we simply don't know anything about this pathway yet. Exactly how many classes will be taken with the dental school class? Is there the research thesis/library thesis/no thesis option like the med students have? Ghadiel, what else do you know about this concentration?

Just that it is very similar to the medical track in that the same med courses are taken with electives in the dental area. The thesis can be research or library based. There isn't a non-thesis option. As far as chances of being accepted to the following years class once the MA is completed, I don't have those stats but it seems reasonable to believe that you'd get in somewhere given the rigorous MA program.

ghadiel said:
Just that it is very similar to the medical track in that the same med courses are taken with electives in the dental area. The thesis can be research or library based. There isn't a non-thesis option. As far as chances of being accepted to the following years class once the MA is completed, I don't have those stats but it seems reasonable to believe that you'd get in somewhere given the rigorous MA program.

Thanks! :thumbup: