BU OHS Masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smileyshell11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was recently accepted to BU's Oral Health Sciences 1-year Masters program. I am applying to dental school this coming cycle, and I would complete the masters program during my gap year (to strengthen my application). Does anyone have any feedback on this program? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How long ago did you apply if you don't mind me asking? Im taking my DAT next week and I plan on applying and submitting everything before May 30th. Do you think that is too late? '

In regards to your question, it seems like one of the newer programs. There is a webinar this Thursday at 12:00pm where they are giving more information. PM me for more info if you aren't already registered and I can give you the contact info.

How much are they charging you? Is it really necessary? Give yourself an app cycle or two before shelling out on this.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long ago did you apply if you don't mind me asking? Im taking my DAT next week and I plan on applying and submitting everything before May 30th. Do you think that is too late? '

In regards to your question, it seems like one of the newer programs. There is a webinar this Thursday at 12:00pm where they are giving more information. PM me for more info if you aren't already registered and I can give you the contact info.

I applied in January. The deadline to apply is early May, I think. Acceptances are rolling, so if you want to apply I'd do it very soon!

How much are they charging you? Is it really necessary? Give yourself an app cycle or two before shelling out on this.
It's expensive....I only have a 3.2 GPA, 2.9 science GPA (with an upward trend though...freshman year was rough). MY AA DAT is a 20, PAT 21.

Hey everyone. I was recently accepted to BU's Oral Health Sciences 1-year Masters program. I am applying to dental school this coming cycle, and I would complete the masters program during my gap year (to strengthen my application). Does anyone have any feedback on this program? Thanks!

Hey I was also accepted. Are you planning on doing the program? Also is there a facebook page or something that is already made?

Hey I was also accepted. Are you planning on doing the program? Also is there a facebook page or something that is already made?

I was also accepted last month and I'm going to accept my offer probably sometime next week. Of all the 1-year SMPs with a dental focus, I think this one has the best track record of getting people into dental school.

Hi guys, I was just accepted to the OHS program. I'm pretty sure I'm going to accept my offer as well. Is there a facebook page? I'd like to find a roommate who's also in the program.

For those of you who accepted your offer from BU and attended this program this year, can you give any feedback on what it was like, and also what your credentials were such as DAT scores/gpa. I just applied, so just trying to get a feel for my chances getting in. Thanks!