Buffalo or Temple? Factual and Supportive Replies Needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Buffalo or Temple?

• Total voters

lvks21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I need your help! I was blessed with the opportunity to be able to decide between 2 offers of acceptance, Temple and Buffalo. However, upon researching I haven't really come up with much information swaying me to either side. All knowledge is from remarks during the interview process and simply looking at the price tags of the school.

During my time at Buffalo, I really enjoyed the opportunity to meet and talk with the students and faculty and appreciated the structure throughout the day. The students spoke very highly of their experiences and no one could think of anything bad to say about the school.

At Temple, I also enjoyed myself but wished for more faculty and student interaction and a little more structure. My issue with Temple is that I don't know if I fell in love with the city of Philadelphia (coming from a small hometown with dreams of big city living) or the school itself. I did really like the clinical preparedness that Temple offered but feel as though Buffalo will be able to give me a similar experience.

Money-wise Buffalo will be cheaper but at the end of the day what truly matters is if I have had the necessary training for success once I'm in the field. I know there are several other threads on either of these schools but I want to know about the excellence of the school itself and alumni outcomes as opposed to issues of money. I am interested in specializing so that is up for consideration as well.

P.S. I also saw on a thread that Buffalo is no longer offering the NERB? How badly will that affect me since I'm not sure where I will end up once I graduate (Not a NYS resident).

Also, I am looking into the Coast Guard or Air Force. Any input on those opportunities is welcomed as well.

Members don't see this ad.