Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think everyone is getting one due to it being a new school?

Members don't see this ad.

I thought this was a bit weird when I read it, but then I read my e-mail and bam. There it was.
I can't tell if you're being serious lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
So I am getting a little worried as I have not even gotten the email saying they have received my application and I have been verified over a week. I read that people are getting II already so would it be silly to contact them just to see if they received my application?

So I am getting a little worried as I have not even gotten the email saying they have received my application and I have been verified over a week. I read that people are getting II already so would it be silly to contact them just to see if they received my application?

Don't worry! They procees apps as they come in. For instance I submitted my aacomas primary app and paid for it like 6 days after it opened up..once my transcripts came in. So they are probably just getting thru all the early ones. I'm sure they have a high volume of application since they are a new school. Some people have gotten secondary's to other schools I applied to and I'm still waiting on secondary's from them as well

Has anyone else received an email for an interview yet?

Yes I got one a few minutes ago. They want us to register by June 30 for interviews that don't start until Aug 3 lol. By the way, the interview calendar BCOM sent me ends on Sept 17 if anyone is curious.

Reactions: 2 users
Yes I got one a few minutes ago. They want us to register by June 30 for interviews that don't start until Aug 3 lol. By the way, the interview calendar BCOM sent me ends on Sept 17 if anyone is curious.
Wow congrats that's fast! When did you submit your secondary ?

Lol interview invites in June. Well its the same thing as other schools though because the interviews dont actually start until August apparently.

I have my secondary ready but I am still waiting on 2 LORs :(
Uhhhh!

They won't let you interview without all the letters?
Those are 2 required letters, so I doubt they will look at the application without them, even if I submit it now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Scheduled interview for August! Submitted secondaries on 6/21/15

Reactions: 1 users
Did you guys receive a confirmation email after submitting your secondary? Because I didn't.

Also, did anyone upload their photo? What about those who got an interview, did you upload a photo?

Also, did anyone upload their photo? What about those who got an interview, did you upload a photo?
Yeah I received confirmation e-mail about them receiving my supplementary materials and I also uploaded a professional photo.

I did not upload a photo and still got an interview. Also, you definitely should be getting a confirmation.

"The Office of Admissions has received your Supplemental Application for the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine inaugural class. BCOM uses a holistic review process with rolling admissions and candidates with the greatest potential to succeed will be invited to visit Las Cruces to interview with BCOM faculty. The interview process will continue through spring 2016."

Yes I uploaded a photo, but I assumed it was mandatory. Noting too fancy or orofessional. Just me in an Oxford shirt and tie. Took it against a white wall in my house..on an iPhone.

Holy cow, these interviews are at light speed.
Lol I know right!
From what I hear they are doing them in sets. So the ones who got an interview now have from August-September to pick a day.

They are accepting 150 studehts that's allot for its first year, so I im sure plenty more invatations will come through this summer untill spring 2016.

So, I got an interview - but I am one of those people where my official MCAT scores are still not linked to my application... I'm not quite sure how that works.

So, I got an interview - but I am one of those people where my official MCAT scores are still not linked to my application... I'm not quite sure how that works.
AACOMAS is still working on that, some people have their official MCAT scores linked, others do not.

Btw, when did you submit your secondary?

AACOMAS is still working on that, some people have their official MCAT scores linked, others do not.

Btw, when did you submit your secondary?

I submitted on 6/19.

Why is the secondary prompt for this school not listed on the first post of this thread? I thought that was the whole point of this.

Because they are a new school, they are probably pretty lenient about interviews. Giving someone an interview without official MCAT scores is pretty damn lenient lol.

General word/character count for these questions?

500 words for each.

Damn, that seems excessive. Is that the limit for most school's secondaries? Cause if so, boy am I going to be busy for the next month!
Yeah, most of the secondaries I received have the same limit.

Damn, that seems excessive. Is that the limit for most school's secondaries? Cause if so, boy am I going to be busy for the next month!
Its the limit, I think you will be good if you use half of it.
For some questions I wished we could have more words, but there were certainly questions for which I used only half of the appropriate word limit.

Its the limit, I think you will be good if you use half of it.
For some questions I wished we could have more words, but there were certainly questions for which I used only half of the appropriate word limit.

Yes of course, I understand. It's a personal flaw that I have to want to answer everything to "completion". I am sure there are some questions for which I will not be reaching that limit. Thank you anyways for confirming this for me. Pre-writting secondaries here I come!

Yes of course, I understand. It's a personal flaw that I have to want to answer everything to "completion". I am sure there are some questions for which I will not be reaching that limit. Thank you anyways for confirming this for me. Pre-writting secondaries here I come!
of course! I am actually the same way lol
good luck!!

For those that submitted interview dates, did you get any kind of confirmation that they received the document and gave you the "okay" for your date?

For those that submitted interview dates, did you get any kind of confirmation that they received the document and gave you the "okay" for your date?
I haven't gotten any confirmation yet.

Sumbitted my initial app about two weeks ago and have yet to recieve an email about a secondary or anything else. Have not linked my mcat score yet because i was probably going to retake next month. Should I maybe contact them or just wait?

Sumbitted my initial app about two weeks ago and have yet to recieve an email about a secondary or anything else. Have not linked my mcat score yet because i was probably going to retake next month. Should I maybe contact them or just wait?
You could probably try to contact them. When I contacted them, they were usually really quick about replying to me (got a reply same day or the next day through e-mail). From my experience, they've been really nice so I don't think it would be a problem for you to ask.

For those that got an interview invite, how many days did it take after submitting your secondary?

I'm trying to upload my photo right now, but each time it uploads side ways. Anyone else have this problem?

For those that got an interview invite, how many days did it take after submitting your secondary?
I received the secondary June 18th and submitted it the day after. Interview invite came on the 23rd so about 4-5 days for me.

I received the secondary June 18th and submitted it the day after. Interview invite came on the 23rd so about 4-5 days for me.
I submitted on the 24th, so I hope I hear something after the weekend.

Can somebody explain to me why the prompt is not getting posted on post #1? I have even PM'd the OP, nothing.

I got a confirmation email for my interview. Im very excited. See you gunners there on 8/3 !

Reactions: 3 users
Is there any information on what type of interviews they do?