Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II!! There are spots opened up for this Friday! Do you guys think that is to soon?
I saw that as well, felt it was too soon for me to get a flight over, plus I don't even have my interview clothes yet! If you're all prepared though, I'd say go for it!

Members don't see this ad.

II! I'm going to go sometime in december, i'm going to check out flights and hotels. I know it's 2 months from now but I have finals in dec so I figured I'll just go right after finals. What do you guys think? I don't want to hurt my chances but can't miss my lab.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II! I'm going to go sometime in december, i'm going to check out flights and hotels. I know it's 2 months from now but I have finals in dec so I figured I'll just go right after finals. What do you guys think? I don't want to hurt my chances but can't miss my lab.

I am probably gone go in December too. Can anyone comment if going that late will be detrimental to getting accepted?

AHHHHHH!!! First II of the cycle!!! Thank you GOD!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Oh gosh the only dates available are when Il be out of the country D: if anyone is canceling their interview pleaseeee PM me!!

If anyone is interviewing 10/14 that wants to grab some food or something after the interview? I'm staying in town until Saturday afternoon to get a chance to see the area!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Guys, if you want an earlier interview date CONTACT THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE. They will put you on a list of people that want earlier dates, and you might randomly get a call moving up your interview two months like I did.

Members don't see this ad :)
why are flights so expensive :(
looks like i'm probably going to go dec 14 or 16

Reactions: 1 user
why are flights so expensive :(
looks like i'm probably going to go dec 14 or 16

Wait until like two weeks before your II before scheduling your flight. An earlier date may open up!

So if my interview is on a Wednesday, should I expect to hear back the following Wednesday or is there some chance I'd hear back the same day? I obviously don't expect to hear back the same day, but the speed of this school's admissions team is impressive!

I hope Uber is somewhere available in Las Cruces

I hope Uber is somewhere available in Las Cruces
Rental car all the way! Maybe I'm a bit paranoid, but I don't trust anyone but myself to get me to the interview early and on time lol. Would be happy to drive people around Sunday!

Would you be down to hang out on Sunday? Would be cool to meet up with some of the other interviewees. Anyone else interviewing this upcoming Monday?
I'm not sure, I will let you know. What day is your interview?

So if my interview is on a Wednesday, should I expect to hear back the following Wednesday or is there some chance I'd hear back the same day? I obviously don't expect to hear back the same day, but the speed of this school's admissions team is impressive!

Interviews are only on Mondays and Fridays. You will hear back on the following Wednesday.

Are there any current students or interviewees for 10/14 at BCOM that would be interested in hanging out tomorrow after the interviews are over? Hoping to get to see what las cruces is all about

Interviews are only on Mondays and Fridays. You will hear back on the following Wednesday.
I just re-checked my interview confirmation e-mail and the date of the interview is 10/19/2016 which my calendar says is a Wednesday. Maybe I'm being brought in for a solo interview day :wideyed: lol

Are there any current students or interviewees for 10/14 at BCOM that would be interested in hanging out tomorrow after the interviews are over? Hoping to get to see what las cruces is all about

I'll be there tomorrow!

I'm not sure, I will let you know. What day is your interview?
It's on Monday! Flying in Saturday, looking to explore and prep a bit on Sunday and then heading out almost immediately after the interview.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile

Is it a break in the confidentiality agreement to say whether or not the interview is closed file or open? Was reading through this thread and couldn't find an answer to this question. Can someone PM me the answer please?

Is it a break in the confidentiality agreement to say whether or not the interview is closed file or open? Was reading through this thread and couldn't find an answer to this question. Can someone PM me the answer please?

Well, to let everyone know--because it is a good question--it would be. The advice I received was simply to know your app inside and out.

I just re-checked my interview confirmation e-mail and the date of the interview is 10/19/2016 which my calendar says is a Wednesday. Maybe I'm being brought in for a solo interview day :wideyed: lol

You should call in to confirm then. They told us only Mondays and Fridays.

I called in the week before my interview and the admissions told me that it was open.

Hey, I noticed that you've been interviewed at BCOM. I'm a little nervous. Could you please tell me what kinda questions they ask?
Thank you in advance

Hey I cant tell you specifics but in 100% honesty, be yourself. Know your application inside and out as well as your motivations to become a physician. Good luck!

Accepted here on Wednesday night! So excited; I loved the area!

By far the worst interview experience of my life. Incredibly rude interviewer. Entire thing was back to back insults. I have no idea why they invited me to interview considering the entire dialogue focused on why I SHOULD NOT have been invited there.

By far the worst interview experience of my life. Incredibly rude interviewer. Entire thing was back to back insults. I have no idea why they invited me to interview considering the entire dialogue focused on why I SHOULD NOT have been invited there.
Elaborate.

I want to hear what you have to say, but to play devil's advocate: they interviewed you for a reason--they believe in you and you meet the academic rigor they set. As for the interview itself, I guess my questions revolve around tone? Did your interviewer(s) come across as stern, or tried to get you a gotcha question?

I haven't heard this from a single person on the forums or in the group that I interviewed with. Can you explain in more detail?

I just finished my interview here and can I say I loved it and the staff was excellent and very helpful. Now the wait until Wednesday is on!

Interviewed here today as well. Love how they're closely partnered with NMSU.