Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Btw @ArtSci, the Andeles place you recommended in Las Cruces was amazing! To those interviewing soon, you guys should check it out!

To add to this, there are two Andeles restaurants. The "Mexican traditional" Andeles and then the "Dog House" Andeles. Both have the same exact menu except the restaurant aesthetics are more traditional in the former, and then more like a sports bar in the latter. If you guys go, I recommend the enchiladas and the "carbon" tacos.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To add to this, there are two Andeles restaurants. The "Mexican traditional" Andeles and then the "Dog House" Andeles. Both have the same exact menu except the restaurant aesthetics are more traditional in the former, and then more like a sports bar in the latter. If you guys go, I recommend the enchiladas and the "carbon" tacos.

Haha to be honest I have no idea which Andeles we went to, but the enchiladas (with scrambled eggs) was superb.

Canceled my interview here, hope it goes to one of you!!! Best of luck everyone, tough call for me to make due to quite a few attractive qualities about this school!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
whos interviewing tomorrow with me! Having slight anxiety because there is no interview feedback page for BCOM lol

whos interviewing tomorrow with me! Having slight anxiety because there is no interview feedback page for BCOM lol

I'll be there tomorrow morning! Forgot there is a time difference

I've read all the pages for BCOM and ppl have said the big three questions... don't sweat it and be yourself :)

The interview is so relaxed. Best experience of my life. I spent the whole interview laughing.

Reactions: 2 users
I just re-checked my interview confirmation e-mail and the date of the interview is 10/19/2016 which my calendar says is a Wednesday. Maybe I'm being brought in for a solo interview day :wideyed: lol
I'll be there tomorrow!!

I'll be there tomorrow morning! Forgot there is a time difference

I've read all the pages for BCOM and ppl have said the big three questions... don't sweat it and be yourself :)
Good luck tomorrow to you too!

Can anyone who has interviewed at ACOM and BCOM PM me please?

Members don't see this ad :)
@poloboy Adrain told us on Monday that decisions should be out by 4 pm MT (or 6 pm EST). He told us that we would be notified via Email though I'm probably gonna put my phone on blast just in case lol.

You will either find out Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. Adrian told us that decision would go out Wednesday evening but I ended up getting mine on Thursday. Good luck!

True but I also got my II at like 2:30 MT last week so here's hoping we hear very soon

You will either find out Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. Adrian told us that decision would go out Wednesday evening but I ended up getting mine on Thursday. Good luck!

Perfectly put! Same here :) so, hang in there guys! I would not worry too much if you hear nothing today. Tomorrow is also a strong possibility. I wish you all the best (high five!)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Oh man, I hope I get it today. I guess I'll clarify my position: T-minus 4 hours, 25 minutes until the first decisions come out haha

Everyone here is so lit, I hope you all get in ~

Reactions: 5 users
I wish I had work or some sort of obligation so I can pass the time. Even Netflix isn't helping the time pass lol

This school is such a tease

Reactions: 1 users
Welp. There is no way I'm gonna get a good night's sleep tonight lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using SDN mobile

Maybe Adrian's going to send it out after the Presidential Debate tonight!

Did anyone else bring a portfolio or something like that to the interview? I figure I can stick my ID and cards in there with my keys. I would like to bring my backpack but it's bulky.

Did anyone else bring a portfolio or something like that to the interview? I figure I can stick my ID and cards in there with my keys. I would like to bring my backpack but it's bulky.

They give you a cool beige BCOM bag when you check in so you can put them in there.

Same thing happened to me wks ago. I checked every 5 minutes the whole day and by the end of the day I had mathematically calculated my chances at being accepted at least 5 times. By the end of the day I was like welp this is the end, i'm gonna get rejected. Butttt the next day while I was jogging, I randomly checked my email and acceptanceeeee. I was jumping and yelling in the middle of the sidewalk, covered in sweat. xD

It came around 10 AM PST for me.

Same thing happened to me wks ago. I checked every 5 minutes the whole day and by the end of the day I had mathematically calculated my chances at being accepted at least 5 times. By the end of the day I was like welp this is the end, i'm gonna get rejected. Butttt the next day while I was jogging, I randomly checked my email and acceptanceeeee. I was jumping and yelling in the middle of the sidewalk, covered in sweat. xD

It came around 10 AM PST for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!! Happiest day of my life

Congrats! Now the obsessive refresh of my email starts. They might be sending everything out in order of interviews so the Friday kids find out a little sooner than the Monday kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users