Business Cards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Urzuz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
At my new job we have the option to get business cards and can customize them to say whatever we want. I am thinking that it makes sense to have them, not only for if/when patients ask for my information, but also for out-of-hospital professional/social events.

But before that, I thought I would see what the rest of you were doing. Do you have business cards? And if so, what does it say on it?

Members don't see this ad.

Mine has my faculty rank, office address, phone and work email. I will be promoted before I use the 500 I have, though I rarely give them out.
I've seen "Consultant in Anesthesiology" used as a title in the non academic crowd.
One of my partners gives them out to all of their block patients.

If you're in a group that competes for work from surgeons, you give them out frequently.
Mine just says board certified anesthesiologist

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't have a group specific email, are you just using your personal email?
I wouldn't use my personal email for business purposes. If you don't have your own separate business email through your group or hospital, set one up for [email protected] or something similar, and keep those entirely separate.

I have 2 cards. One has my company name (I'm a 1099) with my name followed by MD. Under that is President or CEO, can't remember which. Then 2 phone numbers that actually reach me, then my mailing and email address. I have 5 of those in my wallet.
The other one goes to nearly every patient I meet. It has the hospital system logo. Under that, it says my name, followed by MD. Under that is Anesthesiologist. Next to all of that is the two hospital names I work at with addresses and operator phone numbers.
If patients want to talk to me, they have to go through the operator. (Except that one pregnant lady who seemed reasonable who I wet tapped. She got my cell so she could schedule her blood patch. Oh, and the one who wanted to sell me a gun I was considering buying - this is SDN after all).

Last edited:
I hand mine out to the ladies at the club. the card lists my salary and has a hologram of me with my shirt off.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I wouldn't use my personal email for business purposes. If you don't have your own separate business email through your group or hospital, set one up for [email protected] or something similar, and keep those entirely separate.
Or buy a $10/year domain at a good registrar such as Namecheap, who will also forward/host the email accounts for you. [email protected] looks more professional than a gmail.com address, although one can forward the former to the latter, even use the latter to answer messages under the alias of the former.

Reactions: 1 user
Here's one I've seen...
card.jpg

Reactions: 1 users