Business Investment Opportunity: Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EIements

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, so truthfully I do not know how this will pan out.

I am a P3 at a Midwest pharmacy schol, and I am looking for any interested parties that would like to invest in a new patent that I am currently working on. Obviously, I cannot delve into too many details, but it is in the realm of transitions of care, and it is something I came up with on the job at the smaller hospital I work at. The app would incorporate all of the following: physicians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, and PA's.

Disclaimer: There are other applications that exist that are similar, but none are as extensive as the one I am thinking of creating. Some of the most successful inventions/patents are ones that are merely major improvements on something that already exists.

One of my friends who works at a rather large patent law firm (he is new lawyer) said that the research the company does to see if there can be a patent made out of it would cost approximately 1-1.5K. After the preliminary search, getting the idea to patent pending or patent form would be an additional 6-7K (much more of an approximate).

I guess what I am is asking is if anyone would be interested in working with me, and you would obviously be rewarded with receiving a portion of profits that is made (if any ;)). You can send me a private message if you are.

Obviously, I am just an internet face to you all. So a little more personal information. I am 24 years old, have worked for both community and institutional settings, highly motivated, Dean's List 3/4 semesters of pharmacy school (1 4.0, 1 3.9), President of my pharmacy school, PLS member, and just created a new coalition with the medical school to afford both student bodies more opportunities to increase inter-professionalism and conjoint learning.

More details to follow!

Members don't see this ad.

If it is only for ~$10k patent application, save 3 paychecks and pay it yourself when you your license lol...

If it is only for ~$10k patent application, save 3 paychecks and pay it yourself when you your license lol...
Because it is more fun to try to see what idiots will give him money over the internet.

Although, come to think of it, there are people on her paying 300k+ for a pharmacy school education - they may be dumb enough to fall for it

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Because it is more fun to try to see what idiots will give him money over the internet.

Although, come to think of it, there are people on her paying 300k+ for a pharmacy school education - they may be dumb enough to fall for it

Totally on your wavelength. I genuinely agree. I'm not trying to sell someone solely off the intro. The issue I have is that when I'm gradutated this may be patented by someone else. I could ask my uncle (net worth approx. 100M), but there is no glory in that. I want to do this myself and make a difference. I promise this is a good investment, but I encourage everyone to hear the fine print before then.

Totally on your wavelength. I genuinely agree. I'm not trying to sell someone solely off the intro. The issue I have is that when I'm gradutated this may be patented by someone else. I could ask my uncle (net worth approx. 100M), but there is no glory in that. I want to do this myself and make a difference. I promise this is a good investment, but I encourage everyone to hear the fine print before then.
I think I got an email from you Uncle, he is in Nigeria right? he was offering to give me 20% of his fortune if I would accept a bank wire transfer?

I was going to PM you but your comment about your uncle is enough to scare me off. I'm out.

You have an uncle worth $100 million, but instead ask us pharmacists, many of whom are in debt, for funding the patent. And we're not talking about the risks here, that your patent isn't as good as you thought, and that there are no patent trolls standing in your way ready to sue you. You already state that there are similar apps like yours. So you could expect lawsuits down the road. You also say you want to do this yourself so you don't ask your uncle, but you ask us instead, not exactly doing it yourself then. Just ask your uncle then. Why not just quit school and use the tuition money saved and fund your patent? That's what that Stanford girl who developed that blood test did.

Sounds like, give me money, or mail me a check, and read the fine print (because I may or may not be tricking you but the opportunity sounds vaguely good based off a running imagination). Whatever the case, picking SDN as a way to ask for $10K is not a real good idea and there are better, more legitimate ways of securing funding. Your school should actually have resources on this. Universities have patent offices for technologies and patents generated by professors at the university, like an Office of Technology Development where there are patent lawyers on board. Schools have these resources and you should use them. Unless you are trying to do this without the school involved so they don't take some of your returns, which in that case could be a violation of ethics if work on this patent was done at school using school resources/faculty, which we don't know for sure, only you would know. Or maybe your school isn't like a national research university?

You should ask pre-pharmers though, they seem pretty gullible and believe anything.

Last edited:
You have an uncle worth $100 million, but instead ask us pharmacists, many of whom are in debt, for funding the patent. And we're not talking about the risks here, that your patent isn't as good as you thought, and that there are no patent trolls standing in your way ready to sue you. You already state that there are similar apps like yours. So you could expect lawsuits down the road. You also say you want to do this yourself so you don't ask your uncle, but you ask us instead, not exactly doing it yourself then. Just ask your uncle then. Why not just quit school and use the tuition money saved and fund your patent? That's what that Stanford girl who developed that blood test did.

Sounds like, give me money, or mail me a check, and read the fine print (because I may or may not be tricking you but the opportunity sounds vaguely good based off a running imagination). Whatever the case, picking SDN as a way to ask for $10K is not a real good idea and there are better, more legitimate ways of securing funding. Your school should actually have resources on this. Universities have patent offices for technologies and patents generated by professors at the university, like an Office of Technology Development where there are patent lawyers on board. Schools have these resources and you should use them. Unless you are trying to do this without the school involved so they don't take some of your returns, which in that case could be a violation of ethics if work on this patent was done at school using school resources/faculty, which we don't know for sure, only you would know. Or maybe your school isn't like a national research university?

You should ask pre-pharmers though, they seem pretty gullible and believe anything.

Yes, so I can definitely see how that could be interpreted poorly, and probably a lapse of judgment on the message (NBA Finals was on last night eeek). And by no means am I asking people for 10K haha. More or less, what my idea is this. I used SDN to flush out an idea on whether or not people would be interested in investing. I plan on paying the 1K by myself to do that "preliminary search". As far as getting sued, this is what the preliminary search is for. They find out if the idea is patent-able. So there's a chance they say, "Sorry, something too similar is out there and their patent language covers your idea therefore you can't do it." Then I'm out 1K. But if it makes it out of that then it's lik 6-7 to actually write up the patent and all the registration stuff (read: lawyer stuff that I don't know much about). This is a big corporation so I could do it somewhere else for less, but if this idea hit then I think there is no reason it couldn't be in every single health system (probably not VA realistically because CPRS and Vista are good enough) in America.

One of the unfortunate things is that time is not on my side. Eventually, there will be something similar that comes out. It's just a matter if I get there first.

Tl;dr: Sorry I sounded like a dumbA** one post before. There is little I'm asking up-front. Just gauging interest. Thank you for ideas with the patent offices from universities.

This guy seems interested

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1433536790.367920.jpg

I could ask my uncle (net worth approx. 100M), but there is no glory in that. I want to do this myself and make a difference. I promise this is a good investment, but I encourage everyone to hear the fine print before then.

Um, there is no difference in "doing this yourself", whether you get money from your uncle or from random strangers. Either way, you got help to do it, and it wasn't totally by yourself. If your uncle is that rich, then unless he hates you or you have a really horrible idea, I would think he would be willing to loan you the money. And you can pay him back, just the same as you would anyone on here.

And, if you do talk to your uncle, tell him to quit sending me spam e-mails, I get way to many of those.

I don't even understand what you're trying to patent. I need you to delve into the details.

Never a good way to sell potential investors by starting with "Alright, so truthfully I do not know how this will pan out." And then follow-up that your uncle is worth 100m but you'd rather borrow from us.