Business Major Biology minor and a pre-med student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uugirl77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here a Business major and a biology minor?? I decided to major in business because I love the whole aspect of it and also because I want to become a dermatologists one day and usually they don't work in the hospital, they own offices. I heard medical school favor people who major in subjects other than the sciences, it that true??

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone here a Business major and a biology minor?? I decided to major in business because I love the whole aspect of it and also because I want to become a dermatologists one day and usually they don't work in the hospital, they own offices. I heard medical school favor people who major in subjects other than the sciences, it that true??

I'm sure you will find applicants from all different majors. It's probably smart to have some business behind you, and if you enjoy it and are doing well...you'll cGPA will show it. As long as you do your science prereqs and do well, it shouldn't hold you back.

Are you a re-applicant?

It's not true that medical schools favor students with non-science majors. Rather, it's true that medical schools don't really favor either science or non-science. What matters is that you do well in your pre-req classes and any other science classes. Your GPA and MCAT will speak for itself and the adcom will use those two scores to determine if you can handle the rigors of medical school. Majors are not important.

No i'm a college student. I'm hoping to get into a school in New York.

I'm sure you will find applicants from all different majors. It's probably smart to have some business behind you, and if you enjoy it and are doing well...you'll cGPA will show it. As long as you do your science prereqs and do well, it shouldn't hold you back.

Are you a re-applicant?