buying OAT materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rose Babel

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did not do well in my OAT, mostly because I did not study well before taking it. I was wondering if any of you are wanting to sell their OAT materials. I also was wondering what the OAT big Kaplan book was! Is it the one in this website: http://www.amazon.com/Kaplan-OAT/dp...id=1383278673&sr=1-1&keywords=oat+kaplan+book

What else do you recommend? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used MCAT kaplan(biology,chemistry,physics) And it has all the information even more than what u need.. If u want to be prepared and have enough time try them.

I took my OAT and got a 300 using JUST the kaplan book and test. Honestly, hated it. It was just formula after formula and def. not what I expected on the exam. I signed up to re-take my OAT in case I didn't get in, but I got into PCO and committed there. I am still going to take the re-take considering I paid for it and I am doing Chad's videos and he is great. I loved PCO, but not a bad idea to keep all options open. No 10,000 formulas like Kaplan and things are sectioned quite well. Then I am doing the OAT Destroyer to get in "test mode" and I feel significantly better already.

Hello,

That book in your link is actually not the "Big Kaplan Blue Book". It's a regular Kaplan Prep book with just example problems from each section. The Big Blue Book you are after actually teaches you the material that will be covered on the OAT.

I do not think you can buy it new, unless you take the Kaplan course.

I have the book that is in your link, well the older version (2009-2010). And I bought it for only $10 on Amazon. ALSO I have the 2007-2008 version of the same book and it is THE EXACT SAME MATERIAL, SAME PRINTS, SAME EVERYTHING as the 2009-2010 version. So I sort of got scammed, and I would guess that this new version may be very similar to the old ones so you may be able to save some money if you get an older version.

I would take a pic of the big blue kaplan book for you but I let my friend borrow it. I think you can find a pic online somewhere...

And honestly, I think if you want to learn fast and effectively, go with CHAD VIDEOS, they are awesome. :]
Especially for the Physics section. I heard the Gen Chem section is good also. I only used it for Ochem and Physics though.

Wow just realized this was posted last October... probably a little too late on the advice lol..