DO C.gpa 3.2 S.gpa 2.8. 24 mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flgators2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm contemplating applying this cycle and am currently retaking classes to raise my science gpa. I don't know if I should bother applying this cycle or not. I'm also trying to look into post bac programs with linkage into their med school like LECOM for 2015. (if anyone has any suggestions let me know)

Indian decent
Pretty good ECs (volunteering & shadowing)
Applying as economically disadvantaged.
Good LORs

If anyone has any advice if its worth it for me to apply or hold off until my fall grades of retakes can be applied. Or if you have any reccomendations on the post backs please let me know!

Members don't see this ad.

You need to raise both your GPA and your MCAT. If you believe you can do so then you could apply next summer.

I plan on retaking the mcat either in December or January. I know I need to raise it as well.. To be honest I didn't put enough effort into studying and got tied down studying for my finals (it was poor planning on my part)

Members don't see this ad :)
improve your science GPA as much as possible over the next year. I would also retake your MCAT if you are not able to get your sgpa to 3.3+ by next June.

Reactions: 1 user
improve your science GPA as much as possible over the next year. I would also retake your MCAT if you are not able to get your sgpa to 3.3+ by next June.

Thanks for your help and everyone else as well! I'm retaking some of my science classes and trying to add in some upper level ones while I'm home at the "college" (it use to be a community college but now it isn't) now and in the spring. I should be able to raise my S.Gpa to a 3.3/3.4 I'm also going to start studying for the mcat so I can retake hopefully I can be a stronger applicant next cycle. I'm also thinking of applying to some post bacs for a fall back as well.

100% concur. Applying this year will be a waste of time and money. Retake every F/D/C science course.
Just curious--but do students with these stats have a good chance at DO schools?

I've shadowed two and got a letter from one of them.

I have one C. The majority of my grades were B- which killed my GPA...
If your grades are majority B- and you have 1 C then how is your cGPA at 3.2 and sGPA at 2.8?

Edit: Never mind, my school just has A, B, C, D, F. Makes sense.