C- in calc II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RollDawg7

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I have to retake a C- in calc II?

I was really sick over the summer, and I thought I was doing a lot better when the semester started (and so did my doc) so we thought I would be ok to go to school but I ended up struggling in my problem-solving style classes (dropped one of them but had to keep calc in order to stay enrolled as a full-time student)...I only say this because I didn't struggle with the material, I struggled with thinking through the problems, so if I retake it I know I would do significantly better, I just really don't want to.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you need Calc 2 for most places... Some may require it though.

If you want to go to Harvard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
So I can just take stats and have that for my one semester of math that some places require?

if you need a minimum grade like a C for your major, then you should retake it

Got a C in Calc II. Didn't retake because my other grades are good (and I hated Calc II). If a med school didn't want me because of my seemingly average integration ability, then so be it.

But I've done well this cycle--several interviews, an acceptance, etc. Don't sweat it if this C- is an outlier.

My only C was Calc II, and it did not matter much in the end. I didn't retake it but took Calculus III and ended up doing well on it. You might consider doing the same if the C really bothers you and you think you can get a B or above in Calc III if you work really hard. But don't beat yourself up for one or two C's in your college career.

So I can just take stats and have that for my one semester of math that some places require?
Some med schools require two semesters, so keep that in mind.