:'( C- in Organic 2! is my chance to get accepted this cycle gone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Annie14892

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, long story short, I messed up really bad and received C- in organic 2. Unfortunately I applied to schools before receiving my grade and these schools require "C" or above in all pre-reqs.

Would I still have a chance to even get interviewed and then be able to retake the class this semester? Or do I have to wait until next semester to apply again?

Members don't see this ad.

So, long story short, I messed up really bad and received C- in organic 2. Unfortunately I applied to schools before receiving my grade and these schools require "C" or above in all pre-reqs.

Would I still have a chance to even get interviewed and then be able to retake the class this semester? Or do I have to wait until next semester to apply again?

You might still have a chance, but you'll need to retake it for sure.

I am definitely going to retake it this semester. I'm just worried that it will effect my chances of getting in for 2014 cycle. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
They should still be reviewing your applications. I got a C- in physics I back in spring 2013 and USF emailed me a few weeks ago saying to retake and I had up to July 18th to do so. I was able to change my schedule around and I am currently retaking it now and I got an interview for USF. So as long as you say you will retake it you should be fine.

I am definitely going to retake it this semester. I'm just worried that it will effect my chances of getting in for 2014 cycle. :(

Let me first ask you one question. Did you get any interview invitations?? Because I feel like if you got interviews, you have gone beyond their minimal requirements in terms of grades. So as long as you retake your course and get at least a C on it, you will be fine.

No interviews so far. I only completed the supplemental for 2 schools though.

First of all - get all of your supplemental application in!! I feel like things like this should have been completed a while ago.. But maybe that's just me. Second - if you have updated your PharmCAS application and put down that you plan to retake it again this semester, the schools you applied to will see that. If you're REALLY worried about it for a specific school or even more than one, pick up the phone and call them. Admissions is typically more than happy to help. Good luck!

PS - I had to retake Organic Chemistry 2 also and just barely passed the minimum with a C and I still got accepted and got other interviews also : ) All is not lost!

Thank you for the replies and help and support everyone. :) Just got an interview at my top school!! So happy.

Congrats!!! Best of luck on your interview !

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you Krock86. :) Best of luck to you too!

@Verduchi I am retaking it again. Hopefully, second time's the charm.