c/o 2017 Applicant Stats Page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's going to be tough since it's late in the cycle, most schools are going to start seeing a rise in apps as MD/DO hopefuls start looking for other options. A 2.6 GPA isn't going to help either, again it's late so it's becoming a numbers game, but the 26 MCAT might put you over the top. Your best shot would be getting into schools with larger class sizes, ie Kent Scholl and Temple. How are you ECs and LORs looking?

2.6 is low but it is actually near a 3.0 in AACOMAS calculation with grade replacements. I damn near failed out my first two years of college (gpa <2.0) And it includes a lot of PB classes. I did receive solid A's in organic chemistry if that helps!

As far as ECs. I have tutoring, some volunteering and shadowing a DPM...still need a LOR from DPM but I have 2 teachers and an advisor.

Completed 3/12/13. Scholl being farrrrr my #1 choice.

Members don't see this ad.

2.6 is low but it is actually near a 3.0 in AACOMAS calculation with grade replacements. I damn near failed out my first two years of college (gpa <2.0) And it includes a lot of PB classes. I did receive solid A's in organic chemistry if that helps!

As far as ECs. I have tutoring, some volunteering and shadowing a DPM...still need a LOR from DPM but I have 2 teachers and an advisor.

Completed 3/12/13. Scholl being farrrrr my #1 choice.

AACPMAS seriously needs to implement grade replacement...

I do not know why they don't do it, it just lowers the average GPA of Pods and makes us look bad when compared to MD/DO applicants. Also ruins scholarship chances for many of us.

I actually disagree with that. I want DO programs to get rid of grade replacement, so DPM/MD/DO all are on the same grading page. We should strive for the best GPA we can as MD students do, and besides pod school is much cheaper than traditional medical school (my GPA is pod average so I'm not trying to be snobby). The scholarships are great, but students need to earn them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Go AZPOD! It's a great school and good choice for those of you that chose it!

Hey-I think you'll get more attention if you create a new thread titled class of 2018 and if everyone replies there. Since I was planning on doing this once I had some time, I will go ahead and do this.