C/O 2017 LECOM Bradenton, FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey there, when was your interview with lecom and how long they let you know they accepted you after your interview?

Thanks. And, good luck with your future school :)
My interview was 3/19 and I had to call Lauren & ask her because they past the one month mark and still didn't hear anything. I called her 4/12 Friday and she called me 4/16 Tuesday to tell me I was accepted & that the letter was in the mail. She would have called Monday but she was out of the office.

Members don't see this ad.

Who did you contact to give up your seat? Did you email/call Lauren Bewley or someone else?
I'm waiting for the letter to come to my house to see if they want me to send a letter or call. I want to see the instructions for it but if it doesn't come in soon, I'll just call Lauren myself. No need to keep people waiting after May 1st which is when I was to reply back with the deposit

:banana: Lipscomb Class of 2017 :highfive:

If we made the alternate list is there any chance that we could know if we are accepted before June? I thought at my interview they said the alternate list would be reviewed beginning in June. Anyone heard anything different?

Members don't see this ad :)
If we made the alternate list is there any chance that we could know if we are accepted before June? I thought at my interview they said the alternate list would be reviewed beginning in June. Anyone heard anything different?

Yeah they will get on that as soon as they get done interviewing which is in Mid-May. So I take it afterwards they'll review it. What does your resume / stats look like

PCAT is not great. Working on my bachelor's and have a 3.2 GPA. Not great but I guess its ok. Pharmacy Tech for over a year.

Last edited:
Mine was just confirmed on the alternate list. It said you could get accepted from now until first day of classes! *crossing fingers*

when did you interview? I interviewed on 4/18 and I was put on alternate list as well. I really thought my interview went well. Laura stevenson interviewed me and she asked me a lot of question, while other people said their interview was like a conversation. I hope we get in.

when did you interview? I interviewed on 4/18 and I was put on alternate list as well. I really thought my interview went well. Laura stevenson interviewed me and she asked me a lot of question, while other people said their interview was like a conversation. I hope we get in.

How did you find out your result? Did they call you?

Hey I interviewed the 18th as well. I was told by Lauren and by the email reconfirmation that the seats were full for now after my alternate list confirmed. So as soon as seats open up we could get those spots. After the interviews are done then in June they start ranking them, and filling seats as well when they open up. I'm sure you did fine last Thursday!

So mine say committe has not yet made a decision, does that mean alternate or they just haven't gotten to it yet?

So mine say committe has not yet made a decision, does that mean alternate or they just haven't gotten to it yet?

When was your interview ?! I believe ot means they are still considering. Good luck though.

I interviewed 4/18 as well and still says Has not made a decision yet. Nervous

Members don't see this ad :)

I had an interview that same day, and I got "a decision had been made on your file" and it was alternate list. I did hear that the longer they take the better, that they're just waiting for a spot to open up to give it to you xD ... that's my two cents

I had an interview that same day, and I got "a decision had been made on your file" and it was alternate list. I did hear that the longer they take the better, that they're just waiting for a spot to open up to give it to you xD ... that's my two cents

I hope that is right cause I have not gotten a decision yet on my file and I was interviewed 4/18 in the afternoon group.

Just emailed Lauren to give up my spot, so hopefully it will go to one of you! Good luck, all!

what do you mean seats were full? does that mean all 140 seats are filed? If so, why the hell do they keep interviewing people? They are just adding more people to the alternate list who may not even get in and wasting their time and money to go to the interview.

what do you mean seats were full? does that mean all 140 seats are filed? If so, why the hell do they keep interviewing people? They are just adding more people to the alternate list who may not even get in and wasting their time and money to go to the interview.

This is to inform you that our office has received your alternate confirmation form. We will include your name on the alternate list as one of the applicants to be considered in the event an opening becomes available for the class. You may be contacted anytime up to the first day of classes.

If you are taking or have completed courses during your spring semester, please be sure to send an updated official transcript to the admissions office. Please send your spring transcript to the Bradenton Pharmacy Admissions Office, 5000 Lakewood Ranch Blvd., Bradenton, FL 34211.

Questions regarding your application may be directed to LECOM Bradenton School of Pharmacy.

Thank you,

Office of Admissions
LECOM Bradenton School of Pharmacy

I had to call them to find out the seats were full and my decision when I had a change on the portal.

Yep, this sucks. =/

More than half of the waitlist usually gets accepted by the end of it. They are accepting the best of the best applicants who will end up going to other schools who applied to LECOM as a back up. They have to keep interviewing because they know that so many people will give up their seat for better or state schools. I'm on the alternate list too and it sucks that they take so long, but thats their game. Also, lots of people will be dropping off the alternate list when they get accepted elsewhere

I'll be giving up my seat soon, don't lost hope those on the alternate list!

More than half of the waitlist usually gets accepted by the end of it. They are accepting the best of the best applicants who will end up going to other schools who applied to LECOM as a back up. They have to keep interviewing because they know that so many people will give up their seat for better or state schools. I'm on the alternate list too and it sucks that they take so long, but thats their game. Also, lots of people will be dropping off the alternate list when they get accepted elsewhere

By what standards do you consider a "better" school than Lecom? I chose Lecom over UF. I work as a Medical Scribe along side some of the best ER doctors in Tampa and have had the privilege to also meet several Pharmacists in the clinical setting, in addition to a Director of Pharmacy for Cardinal Health. They have all said, especially the DOP they prefer Lecom students over any other Pharmacy school student in the state of Florida during clinical rotations. They've noted that Lecom Pharmacy students out perform others on a consistent basis. The DOP also noted that he looks for Lecom graduates and places more Lecom graduates in jobs than any other school. So this should tell you something about the caliber of education you're receiving from Lecom when other healthcare providers and future employers praise Lecom students. I found out I was accepted in 1 week after I interviewed. Lecom doesn't take very long, they just know the kind of student they're looking for. Lecom, in my opinion in the best kept secret in Florida. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Last edited:
By what standards do you consider a "better" school than Lecom? I chose Lecom over UF. I work as a Medical Scribe along side some of the best ER doctors in Tampa and have had the privilege to also meet several Pharmacists in the clinical setting, in addition to a Director of Pharmacy for Cardinal Health. They have all said, especially the DOP they prefer Lecom students over any other Pharmacy school student in the state of Florida during clinical rotations. They've noted that Lecom Pharmacy students out perform others on a consistent basis. The DOP also noted that he looks for Lecom graduates and places more Lecom graduates in jobs than any other school. So this should tell you something about the caliber of education you're receiving from Lecom when other healthcare providers and future employers praise Lecom students. I found out I was accepted in 1 week after I interviewed. Lecom doesn't take very long, they just know the kind of student they're looking for. Lecom, in my opinion in the best kept secret in Florida. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I have heard the same thing from different pharmacists and technicians. I chose LECOM over UF for a few reasons and the reputation that LECOM is gaining in the professional field was one of them. :)

That is just your personal experience. I know plenty of pharmacists and doctors that have had bad experiences with LECOM students, Nova students, even UF students in community and clinical settings. It really doesn't matter where you go it's what you make of it. Personally LECOM does not offer anything that the other schools do not. The teachers are solely there to teach so they are dedicated to the students, but that's about all they've got.

PCAT is not great. Working on my bachelor's and have a 3.2 GPA. Not great but I guess its ok. Pharmacy Tech for over a year. .

You shouldn't worry. I have my bachelors, ended up not taking the PCAT at the last minute and had around the same GPA, and I've been a pharm tech for years. We ended up talking a lot about working in the pharmacy a lot during the interview. I do know from some people I have talked to that they accept all the way up until the first day of class. The only thing I stress is if that happens with you - get the titers done IMMEDIATELY and your vaccines. I would even try to get copies of your vaccines from childhood ASAP it will make the paperwork easier.

Last edited:
Just gave up my acceptance :) Good luck you guys!

yes thats what this school does they call people to waste their time, thanks god I got accepted in another school

I believe they are interviewing until May because they probably will have people that will drop their deposit and go to other schools. Once it starts getting closer to June-ish more people will probably hear from them regarding their status.

I got accepted today as of May 2, so there are still spots open or will open with people giving up seats....Hang in there guys and don't lose hope.

I got accepted today as of May 2, so there are still spots open or will open with people giving up seats....Hang in there guys and don't lose hope.

When was your interview?!

I was interviewed on Apri 4th, so I emailed Lauren today to inform her that 30 days will be up this weekend and she called me back.

Just gave up my seat. Good Luck guys ! ! !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USF COLLEGE OF PHARMACY :D

Did anyone get on the alternate list and get accepted yet? Or are we all just supposed to wait from June till the the start of the first day of classes?

Im still waiting on a decision let alone getting on the alternate list

4/18 interview

Wow really? Yeah I was in the morning one and I think if I remember reading you were in the afternoon one?

What were your stats by the way if you don't mind posting? You might actually get a spot if one opens up.

Not much for stats, no PCAT, gpa 2.9, got a BA and an MA, no pharm exp. Did pretty strong in the pre req science courses running a 3.8 which may help...still no decision

Not much for stats, no PCAT, gpa 2.9, got a BA and an MA, no pharm exp. Did pretty strong in the pre req science courses running a 3.8 which may help...still no decision

I was interviewed 4/18 and still no decision. I have about the same stats as you but higher GPA. I just called Laureen and she said it takes up to 30 days for a decision. It's a long 30 days for me. So we have one more week. I guess the latest thursday we'll know.

Did you graduate from UM. What year! I graduated from UM.

Nah didn't go to UM got accepted but my mom works at a school and can't argue wih $500/semester tuition. My wife went to UM undergrad and law school and I am a canes can through thick & thin

Nah didn't go to UM got accepted but my mom works at a school and can't argue wih $500/semester tuition. My wife went to UM undergrad and law school and I am a canes can through thick & thin

Oh that's nice. You are a CANES. So we'll see how everything goes. I think we will get great news from now and next week. Several people from 4/18 interview have received a decision which is Alternate list. I guess the ones that are still waiting will have an acceptance letter. I pray that's what it is.

Hey guys,

This is a heads up for future students that will be interviewing at LECOM next cycle...

DO NOT reserve a room at COUNTRY INN AND SUITES. I canceled my interview with LECOM, thus canceling my hotel reservation, but they still charged me. Keep in mind I canceled prior to their cancellation policy.

Their customer service is really bad, so I advise you that if you want a stress free experience during your interview travels to not book with COUNTRY INN AND SUITES.

-Nomad339

EDIT: I just did a BBB search on them and guess what? They have a "C" rating for "Billing and Collection Issues." I guess I am not the only one.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

This is a heads up for future students that will be interviewing at LECOM next cycle...

DO NOT reserve a room at COUNTRY INN AND SUITES. I canceled my interview with LECOM, thus canceling my hotel reservation, but they still charged me. Keep in mind I canceled prior to their cancellation policy.

Their customer service is really bad, so I advise you that if you want a stress free experience during your interview travels to not book with COUNTRY INN AND SUITES.

-Nomad339

EDIT: I just did a BBB search on them and guess what? They have a "C" rating for "Billing and Collection Issues." I guess I am not the only one.

Wow. I thought they were alright. I did stay in there for my interview but YMMV. Guess I was lucky.

I'm assuming this is the one next to that rather large shopping center w/Publix.

Last edited:
You guys got nothin to worry about. They were REALLY quick on telling us about the alternate list..... They are at least thinking favorably to you guys because most likely they are waiting for room for you guys!

It's kind of sad that some people who were on that list got in. The people who got on the alternate list in April have to wait 2 months THEN to get reviewed.. And that's not even guaranteed.. Since they said from June - First day of classes in August

I had similar happen at the Erie campus. I went to interview and they straight up told everyone all the seats were full but that as people decline their acceptance, they will go through our files to fill the seats since our interview group was so late. They said there were to lists: wait list for people they want to accept but need a spot to open and the alternate list for people they will consider after the wait list people turn down their acceptance. I think Bradenton doesn't have a wait list, they just don't decision until a spot opens and if one doesn't after the 30 dys they have to make decision then I guess get put on alternate list. Purely speculation but just what I think based on Erie campus methods.

You guys got nothin to worry about. They were REALLY quick on telling us about the alternate list..... They are at least thinking favorably to you guys because most likely they are waiting for room for you guys!

It's kind of sad that some people who were on that list got in. The people who got on the alternate list in April have to wait 2 months THEN to get reviewed.. And that's not even guaranteed.. Since they said from June - First day of classes in August

Wait, they've already started to accept people on the alt. list? I'm probably jumping the gun in reading your comment.