C/O 2018 Campbell University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lavenderhearts

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey you guys who want to attend Campbell next fall this is the thread to express anything about Campbell university such as your stats, your interviews, your acceptance etc. Please pharmacy students who are already studying at Campbell we need all the feedback we can get from you, so don't be shy and your participation will be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I want to know is there supplemental application available?

Hi there!

I am thinking I am going to apply ED to Campbell for 2014 admission! Does anyone know if this school looks more favorably on ED applicants? Also, can anyone share stats?

My GPA is low, but not horribly so, (~2.75) I will take the PCAT in July and am feeling very prepared, I have VERY strong extra curriculars, some "special circumstances" that help soften my imperfect GPA, and a few months of pharmacy experience. Does anyone have any thoughts on my chances?

Also, I would LOVE feedback from current or past students! Everything I see about the program so far I like a lot... but I want to be extra sure before choosing Early Decision!

What other schools are people that like Campbell applying to? My other schools of interest so far have been: Shenandoah, Albany, U of Charleston, Ole Miss, and UNC, but none have quite stood out as much as Campbell.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have no fear ya'll. Just a little background, I am a Campbell student, and didn't do my undergraduate there. My stats from undergraduate. 3.3 overall, 3.1 science. Composite PCAT of a 40. I took the PCAT 3 times and always killed three portions, and would bomb 2 of them. Took it again and reversed the subjects. The two worst became the two best and vice versa. At the end of the day though, taking the highest from each of the three tests my overall composite was much closer to a 70. I had a ton of extracurriculars so that made up for a lot of things I lacked, such as pharmacy experience.

I didn't think I was all that competitive so I ended up applying to 15 schools. I didn't think I would get an interview into Campbell as it was my reach school and behold, I'm here now. Out of the 15 schools I had invitation interviews to 14 of them. The one I didn't get, I didn't turn in the supplement application because I already had so many offers at the time.

Schools I was offered an interview to: Auburn, Belmont, VCU, Campbell, Harding, Charleston, Shenandoah, Mercer, Regis, South (TN), Appalachian, Union (TN), Lipscomb, Maryland Eastern Shore.

I only went to three, and in this order: Harding, VCU, Campbell. I got into all three!

I knew Campbell was the right choice for me as soon as I finished up the interview and on my way home. There is just something about it that I'm going to let you experience for yourself. The interview process is a bit lengthy but it's a nice set up.

My first piece of advice is, if you got an invitation, take a deep breath. When you get to the interview, just relax! Clearly you got there due to just your credentials and stats.

The way that Campbell structures their interview includes the following:
Depending on your session you will either have a morning or noon session. Mine was a noon-ish session. It began with a welcome message from the Associate Dean of Admissions in the Alumni room of the dining hall. That lasted an hour and a half. Then we were served lunch and ate it in the Alumni room along with several professors and staff members of the program. This way they integrated some interaction with your potential interviewers before the actual interview. After lunch we had about an hour session about what makes Campbell CPHS special and stand out.

After Lunch you had three sessions broken out into a student panel, multiple mini interview and a 2 on 1 Interview.
Student Panel: Open conversation with current Pharmacy students ranging from P1-P3. Ask them whatever questions you want/need to know. They'll be very blunt and honest. (Best place to come up with some questions to ask your interviewers even if you know some of the answers.)
Multiple Mini Interview: Here you are with a group of other interviewees and will be given a question that was specifically written for you. You will be given the question on a slip of paper and given 60 seconds to read the question and come up with a decent response. These range from ethics questions (cloning), and plagiarism, to questions about social media use. There were some deep thinking questions though but it's a mixed bag of tricks.
2 on 1 Interview: You'll be provided with a list of interviewers and their biographies in your packet. Review those before you go in so you get a little background. You will have a professor and a student interview you. You will know who your professor is on your personal agenda. You'll be asked a bunch of ethics questions here on what you would do if ____ happened, and why.

The Interview Day for me lasted from 10:30am-2:30pm. Needless to say I flew out the next day and landed at 12pm, and received the call of acceptance at 12:30pm. Not even 24 hours after my interview day was over.

Tips:
Make sure you're in professional attire.
There is always going to be someone watching you so don't pull out your phones when the Associate Dean of Admissions is presenting (It happened.)
When you're in your 2 on 1 make sure you ask questions. When you're interviewing for pharmacy schools not only are you shopping for the right program but the program wants to be shopping for the right student for their program. If you are truly interested, have a few questions ready to ask. This is your opportunity to interview the school to see if it's right for you.
Relax, breathe, and don't stress. Be yourself and you'll be fine!

On a side note, I wanted a pharmacy school that had international missions because one day I want to be a missions pharmacists. I asked about the opportunities available and my interviewer was able to provide me with plenty of programs and opportunities. I was sold.

I hope this helps. From what I understand, most pharmacy schools are looking for well rounded individuals who is able to communicate well. They want to see if you have potential and in the end, a good investment. Clearly you all could see, I didn't have any pharmacy experience, (although I did do a bit of shadowing but it was all medical related in observing surgeries), I had decent grades, mediocre PCAT scores. I guess one more caveat would be that I completed my undergraduate studies in 3 years while being a student athlete.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone applying to Campbell?? What are the stats for this year?? thanks :)

My PharmCAS GPA
Cumulative: 3.52
Science: 3.81
Plenty of Extracurricular and Honors
PCAT: taking it on Sept

What is my chances?

Have no fear ya'll. Just a little background, I am a Campbell student, and didn't do my undergraduate there. My stats from undergraduate. 3.3 overall, 3.1 science. Composite PCAT of a 40. I took the PCAT 3 times and always killed three portions, and would bomb 2 of them. Took it again and reversed the subjects. The two worst became the two best and vice versa. At the end of the day though, taking the highest from each of the three tests my overall composite was much closer to a 70. I had a ton of extracurriculars so that made up for a lot of things I lacked, such as pharmacy experience.

Thanks for the insight! That give me hope :)

even though i'm not applying here, I highly recommend this school to whoever looking into great pharmacy school. I've visited this school three times last + this year. Great building, faculty members and curriculum. If you are a Baptist, no other school will beat this school for ya(if you don't care about tuition that much).

I applied ED to Campbell. I'm interviewing Sept. 26th! Anyone else interviewing on that date?
My stats:
GPA: 3.75
Science GPA: 3.8
PCAT: 74 (I was soooo nervous that I made myself sick. I had the highest grade in the class in my inorganic chem classes and this ended up being my lowest section. Oh well. Life goes on.)
I did take a pharmacy tech program which included pharmacy externships but that's all the pharmacy experience I have. I just wanted to see if it was the right field for me since my undergrad is in education.
My husband is active-duty military on assignment to Ft. Bragg in April. Campbell is the perfect choice for me unless I'm willing to be away from him for 4 years, which I'm not. My undergrad was at a Baptist university and I loved it. I'm from NC and I'm so excited to be moving back!

Applied regular decision and have an interview October 3rd, super excited! Good luck everybody!!!

does anyone knows that if Campbell accept the PCAT preliminary score? Thanks!!

I interviewed yesterday and received a phone call this morning telling me that I had been accepted!!! Yay! For those of you with upcoming interviews, try not to stress over this. I was so stressed the morning of my interview but as soon as I walked into the building, everyone was so nice. Seriously, from the lady who checks you in, to a cafeteria worker and random student I spoke with, everyone was just so nice. It really helps calm your nerves. By the time I had my interview that afternoon, it was no problem. One piece of advice is to have questions ready for your 2 on 1 interview. They purposely finished interviewing me a few minutes early in order to give me a chance to ask questions. It would probably have been awkward if I couldn't think of anything and we sat there in silence. I asked my student interviewer one question and my faculty interviewer two questions. But seriously, in all the interviews I've done throughout my life, this was the most comfortable.

I interviewed yesterday and received a phone call this morning telling me that I had been accepted!!! Yay! For those of you with upcoming interviews, try not to stress over this. I was so stressed the morning of my interview but as soon as I walked into the building, everyone was so nice. Seriously, from the lady who checks you in, to a cafeteria worker and random student I spoke with, everyone was just so nice. It really helps calm your nerves. By the time I had my interview that afternoon, it was no problem. One piece of advice is to have questions ready for your 2 on 1 interview. They purposely finished interviewing me a few minutes early in order to give me a chance to ask questions. It would probably have been awkward if I couldn't think of anything and we sat there in silence. I asked my student interviewer one question and my faculty interviewer two questions. But seriously, in all the interviews I've done throughout my life, this was the most comfortable.

Do you mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
I already posted my stats. Look at 9/16/13 in this thread. I think that a strong interview will go far with this school if your stats aren't quite what you want them to be, if that's something you're worried about. Also, in the student panel that we had, one student said not to be discouraged if you were waitlisted because they take lots of people from the waitlist if they choose to go to a different school. In fact, I think he said that last year they exhausted the waitlist.

congratulations....I really need to hit the ground running... I just need to finish my PS... but again Congrats

I really don't want to go anywhere but to CU. I went to their summer H-PREP program, and I scored a 76 on the PCAT, my GPA is a 2.9 at the moment because of 1 C that I got, but my overall GPA is a 3.2. I'm worried about not having an interview yet. I couldn't apply for ED because I was missing my Organic 1 and 2, which I am in 1 now and will be in 2 in the Spring.
Everyone tells me to be patient, but I only applied to 1 other school, and they told me they would wait on my Fall grades and I'd be interviewed in December. Even if I got in, I wouldn't go there, I'm almost positive. I really love Campbell and I knew at Open House that it was right for me. The summer program really just reinforced my belief that I was home, and this was the one. Any suggestions around the time that they would interview me, or if they'd offer at all? I wish I had answers but I just don't know what's going on.

I had a friend get an interview without even submitting her supplemental because she got a 91 on the PCAT. I hate to say it, because I think that's just wrong, she didn't even pay for them to look at her and yet they are. Also, she submitted PharmCAS in the past two weeks, I submitted my PharmCAS AND application in August. I guess I'm just nervous or worried or both.

I'm interested in applying to this school as well. I don't have very good gpa, but I have a very strong upward trend (4.0 in the past 60+ units) and 84 PCAT. Hope I get an invite... Good luck to everyone! :)

Hey everyone!
I submitted my applications literally a week ago. They were verified in a day and sent out a few days ago. My supplemental application was sent about 4 days ago, too.
I was wondering how long should it be before I hear from Campbell? I feel like I'm behind but it's still really early, so I don't know.
Especially because I already got a phone call from Wingate University in North Carolina and I have an interview in 2 weeks.

I have a 3.87 GPA overall
I scored in the 82nd percentile on my PCAT
I have experience in pharmacy this past summer and in a health care setting in general.
I am a chemistry and biochemistry double major who is completing my bachelor's of science degree in 3 years instead of 4.
I am in more clubs than I can count and I am a dancer, and I choreograph for my club, and an officer in several clubs.
I hate waiting and I really just want an email or something from them at least verifying that they received everything. Is it wrong of me to email and ask if they got it?

I hate waiting and I really just want an email or something from them at least verifying that they received everything. Is it wrong of me to email and ask if they got it?

I think you should wait a bit. It's still relatively early. :)

does anyone knows that if Campbell accept the PCAT preliminary score? Thanks!!

I chatted with Campbell today in the Virtual Career Fair and they told me they will wait for the official scores to arrive. Until then, they will be able to make a decision on giving interviews. :scared:

I also applied to Campbell and here are my stats:

Science GPA: 3.45
Math GPA: 4.0
Non-Science GPA: 3.69
Overall GPA: 3.57

I completed most prereqs in a community college and graduated with an Associate's Degree and GPA of 3.8

I also just finished my Bachelor's of Science in Biology with minors in Chemistry, Psychology, and Forensic Science with a GPA of 3.3

I took my PCAT on Sept. 3rd and got a preliminary composite of 90
Bio 97
Chem 97
Math 67
RC 75
Verbal 49
Composite 90

I also started working at CVS as a Pharmacy Tech in August and got NC certified after taking their LearNet course.

Job History:
Clinical Research - 9 months (still work here)
Waitress - 5 years (still work here)
Hostess - 4 years (long ago)
[I have 3 part time jobs for a total of almost 60 hours per week]

extracurriculars:
Student ambassador for my community college - volunteer in the school for 4 hours per week
American Heart Association - for a few months
Puppy love Rescue - foster puppies

Honors:
Merit scholarship
Student Ambassador scholarship
American Association of University Women Scholarship
Dean's list
Presidents's list
Honor's List

LOR:
- Sr. Clinical Research Coordinator (my boss)
- Head of Organic Chemistry labs (my lab instructor for my Ochem courses and forensic chem)
- Immunology Professor (had him for BIO101 in my Community College and also had him at my 4 year college for Immunology)

Good luck to everybody!

schools in the south are mainly look at ur grades and PCAT scores more than anything (they don't even cares who u know or ur above and beyond EC and experiences are). So if u have a good stats. Don't need to freak out. u'll get ur chance eventually.... be patience!

Hey all!
I got a phone call today about my interview!! Its October 24th!! :D :D

I applied late July/ early August to Campbell and some other pharmacy schools. I have had an interview already with VCU but am still waiting to here from Campbell.

Congrats!!! Wish you luck! :luck:

Thank you! I am so nervous. I don't really know what to expect for the interview, but I hope I do well because Campbell is my top choice school! :D

Go through the Interview Feedback on this site for Campbell. A lot of my interview questions were identical.

Go through the Interview Feedback on this site for Campbell. A lot of my interview questions were identical.

thank you! that actually helped me a lot! I had my interview yesterday. I was told I was accepted before I even ended up leaving the campus after my interview!!! :D
I am SOOOO excited!!!

I've submitted my application to PharmCAS in 9/11 and my PCAT scores were received on 10/21. I applied to Campbell on 9/11 as well (supplemental) and I just received this email ...

"Thank you for your interest in the Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences. The College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences Admissions Office has received your complete application package. Your application will be thoroughly evaluated by our Admissions Team. Please be sure to have your Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) scores sent to PharmCAS, code 104, if you have not already done so. Please be sure to enter your PCAT CIDso PharmCAS can match up your scores with your new application. Your scores must be available through PharmCAS for us to evaluate them. If you have or will have completed Fall 2013 courses please send your transcripts directly to PharmCAS as early as possible. The time allotted for the academic update is December 15, 2013 through February 15, 2014. If you are taking Spring courses please enter them in PharmCAS as “planned courses” and have your spring grades sent to the Campbell University College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences Admissions Office as soon as they are available.

Please allow our office to contact you regarding your admission decision. We will contact you as soon as there is an update to your application. Even though you may be a complete applicant in November, we may not contact you with an update until February or later.

We do most of our communications through email. However, there may be times we need to contact you by phone as well. Please be sure you keep your contact information provided on PharmCAS up to date and that you check your email/voicemail routinely.

Best of Luck!

The CPHS Admissions Team"

Should I worry?

I already have an interview for this Friday but am anxious to hear from Campbell.

Anybody else who took their PCAT in September that is waiting to hear from Campbell?

I interviewed with Campbell on oct 24th still haven't heard back. Should I be concerned? Seems like people find out almost mediate lay with Campbell. I feel like it went so well I hate to think they didn't like me....

I interviewed with Campbell on oct 24th still haven't heard back. Should I be concerned? Seems like people find out almost mediate lay with Campbell. I feel like it went so well I hate to think they didn't like me....
Hey JtheRpghT, i interviewed that day too and i heard back like just 2 days ago. I called like this recent saturday before i got my acceptance and they say they sometimes hold onto applications until further review. If you didnt get a rejection letter than thats a good sign!!! cause most people do as i have looked on forums about aceptance/rejection letter.

Hey Guys

I received a call yesterday for an interview for Nov 14th, am a nervous wreck since then. Any one else interviewing on that day?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats Hadeholah! I'll be there as well, so hopefully I'll get the opportunity to meet you! I was wondering if anybody knows what time the interviews usually begin and conclude at. Would love to book my ticket tonight haha

Congrats Hadeholah! I'll be there as well, so hopefully I'll get the opportunity to meet you! I was wondering if anybody knows what time the interviews usually begin and conclude at. Would love to book my ticket tonight haha
Thanks. Hopefully. They told me they will send an email with all the information i needed, but they have not. All i know is the date.

My interview started at 10:30 and ended around 2:30 pm that is including the tour. But also depends on how many people is in your interview group. I had about 25+

Hey Guys

I received a call yesterday for an interview for Nov 14th, am a nervous wreck since then. Any one else interviewing on that day?

Hey! I just got my interview offer for Nov 14th as well!!! Super excited, how are you preparing? Are you from around the area or are you coming from far?

Hey! I just got my interview offer for Nov 14th as well!!! Super excited, how are you preparing? Are you from around the area or are you coming from far?
Congrats, yes am coming from the area about an hr drive away. For interview preparation i had mock interviews with some of my professors.

Congrats, yes am coming from the area about an hr drive away. For interview preparation i had mock interviews with some of my professors.

I'm also an hour away. I've already had an Interview at Wingate, so hopefully that will help with having a better interview, I'm also just looking at the interview feedback to prepare my answers lol. Good luck to us both!

Hi,
When did you submit your PharmCas and Supplemental Application? I submitted mine's on October 1st but I haven't heard anything from Campbell yet, in regards to an interview.

Last edited:
Hi,
When did you submit your PharmCas and Supplemental Application? I submitted mine's on October 1st but I haven't heard anything from Campbell yet, in regards to an interview.

Hi, I submitted my app the second week of September but I took my PCAT in September as well, therefore my app was fully completed on Oct 21st. I hope you hear from Campbell soon!

As an update, I had to postpone my interview for the one in Dec. 10, anybody interviewing that date?

Does anyone that has had an interview or that is scheduled for an interview have Pharmacy Technician experience?

Hello Guys,

To those of us who had interview on Nov 14th, has anybody heard back yet?

Does anyone that has had an interview or that is scheduled for an interview have Pharmacy Technician experience?
I did my summer internship at Duke Pharmacy, that was all the experience i had and i got an interview.

Where exactly are the interview questions found? Can you post the link please?

Gpa 3.51 science Gpa 3.44 PCAT: a little above 50 ..some experience..what are my chances ? Advice ?

Today is my last day to decide if i want to go to Campbell and I think i am going to pass and give up my spot to someone else. it is a great school, just not the best location