C/O 2018 LECOM: Bradenton, FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
can you tell me about the interview?
It was not that bad , just relax , be your self and check the expected questions on SDN feedback section , i prepared all my interviews from this section , if you have any further questions let me know or shoot me a message, good luck ;) .

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I will be interviewed on April 3rd, Can you please tell me should I rent a car or take a taxi from SRQ to the school? I heard the taxi service is very late. I don't want to be late for the interview. However, I don't know if I can drive at a new place like Florida. I am from out the state.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

How long is the interview ? How do you think about the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,

I will be interviewed on April 3rd, Can you please tell me should I rent a car or take a taxi from SRQ to the school? I heard the taxi service is very late. I don't want to be late for the interview. However, I don't know if I can drive at a new place like Florida. I am from out the state.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

I rented a car because I hear the taxi is late and not very cost efficient. Try to get a deal with hertz! Be sure to decline anything they try to offer you because it's all a waste of money! (And profit for them) I got a car for like 32 dollars for 24 hours rental. If you have a smartphone or gps you should be set with the addresses provided for the school and hotels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks Cleaveland,
Did you rent a car inside the airport( in terminal) or out side? What time are they open? I will arrive there at midnight- so really don't know whether I can get a car at that time.

Thanks Cleaveland,
Did you rent a car inside the airport( in terminal) or out side? What time are they open? I will arrive there at midnight- so really don't know whether I can get a car at that time.

I think they do close at 1! The airport has a bunch of car rentals near the baggage claim when you're exiting. Give them a call!

I GOT ACCEPTED!!! now I can enjoy my time off and don't have to worry about my General Physics class.

I knew I got accepted as soon as my status changed from "...committe is reviewing..within 30 days" to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days."

GOOD LUCK ALL CANDIDATES!!!!!!!!

MCPHS - March 20th interview (withdrew application)
LECOM Erie Campus - March 25th interview (might withdraw)
Touro - waiting (will withdraw)

Reactions: 4 users
where did you get accepted? You sounds supper happy that I was scared as reading your post.

I GOT ACCEPTED!!! now I can enjoy my time off and don't have to worry about my General Physics class.

I knew I got accepted as soon as my status changed from "...committe is reviewing..within 30 days" to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days."

GOOD LUCK ALL CANDIDATES!!!!!!!!

MCPHS - March 20th interview (withdrew application)
LECOM Erie Campus - March 25th interview (might withdraw)
Touro - waiting (will withdraw)
Where did you get accepted?

I know you deserve it.

fharm2900 I was at the 7:45 am March 6th interview also. I haven't nor have I received a call about acceptance but I did see yesterday in the portal, "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days." as well. I think I'm just going to wait and see what the letter says. Lecom is really nice and the staff was also

fharm2900 I was at the 7:45 am March 6th interview also. I haven't nor have I received a call about acceptance but I did see yesterday in the portal, "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days." as well. I think I'm just going to wait and see what the letter says. Lecom is really nice and the staff was also

Me too, I was at the 7:45am March 6th, the Asian guy with glasses <(^~^<).. They don't call you if you get accepted. you have to call them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too, I was at the 7:45am March 6th, the Asian guy with glasses <(^~^<).. They don't call you if you get accepted. you have to call them.
Oh OK. I was the short African American with the very short blonde hair.

I went to the March 6 one too and they still said they haven't made a decision yet :/

I couldn't wait I had to call...I kept refreshing hoping for a status change..as soon as it did I called giggle

I am waitlisted for the class of 2018. Does anyone know how that works or can give me some more information about it? When should we expect to be hearing from LECOM again? :/

I am waitlisted for the class of 2018. Does anyone know how that works or can give me some more information about it? When should we expect to be hearing from LECOM again? :/

Hi apharm,

Being on the alternate list you can hear between anytime from now and first day of classes. Any update you have be sure to let Lauren know to show interest in the school and to strengthen your application. When it gets closer to the first day (midsummer) I would say the alternate list gets ranked and from students withdrawing their app, you'll get closer to there!

Good luck and don't lose hope.

Pretty sure the only way to get wait listed is if you interview....

Yeah that's right. You get rejected or an interview invite. Then wait listed or accepted.

How come I only get $20k for unsubsidized loan? I thought it was supposed to be $35k. anyone having trouble getting $35k?

How come I only get $20k for unsubsidized loan? I thought it was supposed to be $35k. anyone having trouble getting $35k?
That's the estimated amount. Your school will adjust the amount.

My worry is the gradplus loan.....I hope I don't need a cosigner ughhh. Wish we didn't have to wait to find out.....sigh

My worry is the gradplus loan.....I hope I don't need a cosigner ughhh. Wish we didn't have to wait to find out.....sigh
From what I heard it is pretty easy to get. I didn't take it but I hear that if you have any type of credit established (credit card, car loan) and you have a good history of payment you will get approved.

Well...I have a hospital bill on my credit I fought with them because I went in and they didn't do any tests told me I had food poisoning..why it was called spring kill hospital horrible place...I was like Noo I don't have food poisoning this isn't right..had to pay other doctors and diagnostic places to find out and I had pneumonia and bronchitits I was almost hospitalized because of that dumbhospital..and I had so much otherexpenses and told them they were notgoing to get paid for misdianosing me which lead to other expenses and a breathing machine at home for letting it go untreated...and not even doing test or treating me...they just sent me off...so they sent me to collections...so I'm worried that might hurt my chances sigh....

Well...I have a hospital bill on my credit I fought with them because I went in and they didn't do any tests told me I had food poisoning..why it was called spring kill hospital horrible place...I was like Noo I don't have food poisoning this isn't right..had to pay other doctors and diagnostic places to find out and I had pneumonia and bronchitits I was almost hospitalized because of that dumbhospital..and I had so much otherexpenses and told them they were notgoing to get paid for misdianosing me which lead to other expenses and a breathing machine at home for letting it go untreated...and not even doing test or treating me...they just sent me off...so they sent me to collections...so I'm worried that might hurt my chances sigh....
Wow what a mess.

Wow what a mess.
Yup..and I'm stubborn ! I would rather poke my eye out before paying that bill...but I might have toooo if they tell me Im denied until I resolved it grrr.

I was also at the March 6th, 7:45am interview. I received my letter on Saturday, 3/15, that I got accepted. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Yup..and I'm stubborn ! I would rather poke my eye out before paying that bill...but I might have toooo if they tell me Im denied until I resolved it grrr.
I was in a similar situation and was put in collection. My excellent credit plummeted from 760 to 658. This was after I gave in and paid the bill. My regret is, if I swallowed my pride and paid the bill before it was sent to collections my credit would be intact and I wouldn't have to worry about getting loan denied or at a much higher interest rate. Take it from me, the consequences of not paying a bill or being put on collection are far reaching; far into your future when you will be repaying a higher than necessary interest rate.

I was in a similar situation and was put in collection. My excellent credit plummeted from 760 to 658. This was after I gave in and paid the bill. My regret is, if I swallowed my pride and paid the bill before it was sent to collections my credit would be intact and I wouldn't have to worry about getting loan denied or at a much higher interest rate. Take it from me, the consequences of not paying a bill or being put on collection are far reaching; far into your future when you will be repaying a higher than necessary interest rate.
Yes....I could of set up a stupid payment plan...sad face...now it sits on my report and laughs at me ..taunting...me.haunting..because I was stubborn and mad...lesson learned

Time is going by so fast!! I'm getting so excited..got to plan on moving soon and starting my new life at lecom sooo crazy awesome!!

got placed as an alternate...you think adding another recommendation letter will help move me up?

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!

I was at the march 18th interview and have not been waitlisted or rejected. Lauren did tell me they are looking at my application very favorably though, has that happened to anyone else I am getting very stressed out.

I was at the march 18th interview and have not been waitlisted or rejected. Lauren did tell me they are looking at my application very favorably though, has that happened to anyone else I am getting very stressed out.

You should be fine. Don't stress out! Favorably usually means accepted they are just looking at other applicants now and then they will decide from there!

Yes, I found out I was accepted about a week after my interview. But I had called Lauren and she told me the same thing :) Good luck

Interviewing here on April 10th. I'm afraid; because its so late and I wonder how many seats they actually have to give away. I just sent in some supporting materials they requested about 2 weeks so interview turnround was great. How was everyone's experience?

Interviewing here on April 10th. I'm afraid; because its so late and I wonder how many seats they actually have to give away. I just sent in some supporting materials they requested about 2 weeks so interview turnround was great. How was everyone's experience?
It was a no pressure interview and they get it out of the way so you dnt spend the whole day worrying about it

It was a no pressure interview and they get it out of the way so you dnt spend the whole day worrying about it
Excellent, the rest of the day is a tour and lunch with students etc?

Matriculation packet done just need to turn it in ...yeppie!