c/s GPAs: 3.5ish up trend, MCAT 36 TX plus FAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seabiscuit31

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Edit: want to take down identifying details! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Dartmouth heavily prefers non-traditional applicants. For your PA school, Temple, Drexel, or Jefferson are all good picks. You could also do Penn State, but it's harder to get into.

Also, if you're economically disadvantaged, don't say you would pay $1M for the privilege of going on skiing trips with your sister.

Dartmouth heavily prefers non-traditional applicants. For your PA school, Temple, Drexel, or Jefferson are all good picks. You could also do Penn State, but it's harder to get into.

Also, if you're economically disadvantaged, don't say you would pay $1M for the privilege of going on skiing trips with your sister.

Yeah, it's not to go ski with my sister it's so I could be with my identical twin who I hate being apart from. I know people who don't have that bond don't really understand what it is worth. So I get the skepticism. I was mostly kidding about skiing seeing as I have gone once in the last decade, but it was amazing. also I was hoping people would understand the exaggeration. Clearly I would not in reality pay $1 million? Thought that was obvious? Guess not?
Edit: i realize I should not have said that about the tuition as things taken on forums aren't always taken as you want and that is totally my bad! Not trying to be obnoxious after you gave advice! I am super sarcastic in real life and forget tone is lost online and also over texts...
Just trying to convey that I have a legit reason for not caring about loans at this particular high OOS tuition school?

Thanks for the advice though, I do appreciate it a lot.

And I am somewhat nontrad, 24 now and took time off at one point, although Idk if that is what dartmouth is looking for.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
dartmouth will like you, definitely keep them on your list. i got an interivew with them with slightly lower stats (though i am a nontrad)

baylor seems like a reasonable reach, i like vermont for you too

get the MSAR and do a little research, find some OOS schools that take a significant number of OOS students, and make sure your stats are at or ABOVE their median. i like your chances, esp with texas schools

Reactions: 1 user
dartmouth will like you, definitely keep them on your list. i got an interivew with them with slightly lower stats (though i am a nontrad)

baylor seems like a reasonable reach, i like vermont for you too

get the MSAR and do a little research, find some OOS schools that take a significant number of OOS students, and make sure your stats are at or ABOVE their median. i like your chances, esp with texas schools
Hey thanks!! Yeah I do have the msar and that's where I came up with the initial list. Just was worried about the gpa! I have heard a high MCAT doesn't offset the lower GPA as well as the reverse. And I've researched a few schools that like reinvention.
Also I decided I'll probably withdraw my FAP application I got it last year to do the MCAT and reapplied but haven't heard back yet, and honestly I don't need it I don't have 15 schools that I'd go to over the texas ones and feel bad. I can cover the cost of 5 or so myself if I save up the next few months.
So Dartmouth will stay on, as will colorado, Tulane, Vermont, tufts and maybe one more depending on if I get one of these research positions. And uk and Louisville.

Anyways, thanks so much for the advice and well done on the Dartmouth interview, hope your cycle is going well! Keep up the good work :)