CA, 3.98, 40Q, mediocre EC's...who love's stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

barcoderider

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like everyone else, I'm trying to put together that schools list.

UC Berkeley
Psych major
14PS, 12VR, 14BS, Q

-2 years working in sleep research lab, no pubs (1000+ hours?)
-1 year as an English peer tutor
-1 year/200+ hours ER volunteer
-1 semester TA for A&P course
- some other random volunteering (but not that much)

So far I have:

UCSF
UCSD
UCLA
UC Irvine
UC Davis
USC
Stanford
Case Western
Dartmouth
Duke
Harvard
Jefferson
John Hopkins
NYU
OHSU
Penn State
Vermont
Temple
U Michigan
Yale

(way too top heavy!)

What should I add? I really just want to stay in California, but...

Members don't see this ad.

I think most here would agree that you have a great shot at getting into a California school with a 3.98, 40, and tons of research. Do you see patients in your sleep research lab? If not, then getting more clinical experience over this summer would definitely help, and keep in mind you can always update schools with secondaries/interviews on more clinical experience.

Terrific stats. Why not Wash U? And why Jeff, Temple, and Vermont? Have a compelling reason why they appeal to you so as not to be ignored due to a perception that they're your safeties.

You don't mention physician shadowing. Can you get some in quickly before you submit?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mediocre ECs, but you still have a shot at schools that are not numbers-oriented.

Dude I need ur advice on how u pulled off a 3.98 at berk, I am in a dilemma as to where I should go. I got into cal, but not sure if it's GPA friendly, but u give me hope. Pllllz give me some advice on this topic. Thank you.

Dartmouth, Duke, Jefferson, and NYU should be good enough safeties without applying to all the others (OSU, penn state). I wouldn't apply to these. I agree with catalystik - if you're open to geographical diversity, try top schools across the country like Wash U and midwest/chicago schools