CA resident, 3.8 gpa, 514 mcat, Updating School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pernboy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a solid list of schools that are already paid for on my application, but I wanted to add-on. I have good and diverse ECs, am non-traditional, cGPA ~3.78, sGPA ~3.84, mCAT 514, white male from CA.

I would like to narrow these options down to 10-15 tops, anyone see any obvious schools to remove? Thanks.

Tulane, Emory, Quinnipiac, Dartmouth, Wisconsin, NYMC, Oakland, Penn State, U of Colorado, Rochester, U of Vermont, Western Michigan, Cooper, Boston U, Brown U, George Washington, Eastern Virginia, Commonwealth, Drexel, Tufts, Einstein.

Members don't see this ad.

Tulane, Quinnipiac, NYMC, Penn State, Rochester, Vermont, Western Michigan, George Washington, Eastern Virginia, Drexel and Einstein are where you are more likely to receive interviews with your stats.

Colorado Brown Drexel Cooper Boston U GW Penn St Quinnipac and NYMC are where id look to consider cutting

I would definitely try to add both Arizona schools MCW SLU and UIC

Members don't see this ad :)
Appreciate the responses. Yeah, I already have the Arizona schools and SLU, MCW is listed as a consideration and I think UIC is a bit of a reach no?

UIC takes many from CA every year in their massive OOS class its a better option that all these lower tiers you listed that get >11k apps

MCW is a much better choice for you than U of WI

Yeah I should of listed it differently, but I was referencing MCW in my list. UIC seems like they heavily prioritize Illinois residents and with a price tag of 75k a year in tuition alone, I think it's a bit out of the question. I do appreciate the suggestion though.