CAAPID First or after Part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hyperdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, I appreciate if people could give me a honest answer. Does it make sense to apply in CAAPID in the very beginning of the cycle, or wait until you PASS PART 2 and get more credentials?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well even I am preparing for part 2 and will fill the application once i am done with part 2, as applying in most schools and getting rejection which I got from all schools last year dosent make any sense. I am going to fill out my application and then upload the part 2 status as soon as I get the result. Hope that helps you.

Well even I am preparing for part 2 and will fill the application once i am done with part 2, as applying in most schools and getting rejection which I got from all schools last year dosent make any sense. I am going to fill out my application and then upload the part 2 status as soon as I get the result. Hope that helps you.

i asked USC and they said its more "efficient" to submit the application with all material collected. hey hardworking can i ask your credentials ie gpa etc? i have only passed part 1 and have a gpa of 2.0 and 3.06 best(too bad they dont accept this) so i am wondering what kind of chances i have if any

Well my GPA is almost close to yours so I know how stupid is of them not to consider our best result gpa. Well I am taking my part 2 soon so I hope I can update the scores before time runs out on schools. Try getting a very good score on toefl, I am assuming this is the only thing which has scores. All the best

This is a general question, we can submit our application in caapid, and then in between of the cycle update the NBDE part 2 scores, So what does the university see? I mean at what point do they start selecting applicants? For example, right now if I submit my application it wont have part 2, assuming 2 months from now I update caapid with part 2 scores, Will the schools be notified or will it be ignored. For some reason CAAPID has been confusing for me in this aspect

I had a talk to one of the dental coordinators and she told me to update part 2 status in caapid application as soon as you get the results so that they come to know that you have passed your part 2 and mean while just scan the report and send it to her in email so by the time my original report is received by her she can put the scanned part 2 report in my file.

I had a talk to one of the dental coordinators and she told me to update part 2 status in caapid application as soon as you get the results so that they come to know that you have passed your part 2 and mean while just scan the report and send it to her in email so by the time my original report is received by her she can put the scanned part 2 report in my file.

I would suggest the same, complete CAAPID and then update part 2 once you have the results.

I would suggest the same, complete CAAPID and then update part 2 once you have the results.

Thanks a lot !!! Does it matter if u complete it in April or its ok to wait till May, i know its a controversial topic , does that matter in any way

Always First..Do not wait..You can add part 2 or anything else later.