Cal Poly vs. ASU for Pre-Med

SixMan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a high school senior and aspiring dermatologist. I have been accepted to Cal Poly SLO and ASU. Cal Poly will run at about $60k while ASU will run at about $35k for 4 years. Will saving money and attending ASU really have a large effect on my chances of getting into a good medical school (thinking UCSD) or is it worth paying for Cal Poly SLO for my undergrad?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
there's a huge difference between 35k and 60k

if you don't hate ASU I think it would be better to go there. what i hear from most med students and doctors around the forum is that ultimately it's you're ECs, gpa, and mcat that determines med school acceptance, not your uni.

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently a high school senior and aspiring dermatologist. I have been accepted to Cal Poly SLO and ASU. Cal Poly will run at about $60k while ASU will run at about $35k for 4 years. Will saving money and attending ASU really have a large effect on my chances of getting into a good medical school (thinking UCSD) or is it worth paying for Cal Poly SLO for my undergrad?

Go to the school that YOU want to attend. Just do well, and you will make it to medical school. Don't worry about the future, just do well in what you are doing now.