Cal State Fullerton and Chapman Post-Bacc programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MichaelBergen

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a bachelor's degree from the Philippines and now I'm living in california with a green card. I was thinking of doing a second bachelor's but now I'm looking into the possibility of doing a post-bacc instead. The programs nearest my area are in Cal State Fullerton and Chapman Uni... anyone enrolled in those programs before? How was it?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have a ton of information, but I was talking to someone the other day who's currently enrolled in Fullerton's program and from what he said he's been very happy with his experience so far. I think he might have said they had a linkage agreement with a DO school but I'm not sure. Hopefully someone with more information can help you out.

I have a bachelor's degree from the Philippines and now I'm living in california with a green card. I was thinking of doing a second bachelor's but now I'm looking into the possibility of doing a post-bacc instead. The programs nearest my area are in Cal State Fullerton and Chapman Uni... anyone enrolled in those programs before? How was it?

Hey there, I am currently in the Chapman University Post-Bacc program and also know others in the Cal State Fullerton Post-Bacc Program. I can recommend both of them to you as being very good programs. Its up to your preference of how much you are willing to spend and your learning style that will make the difference between these programs.

Cal State Fullerton is a very large campus with many students. It has a great amount of resources and a good learning environment, but it also has an issue with classes being cut due to the the California State Budget (which keeps getting worse). Class sizes here are large and have TAs at times. The price is a bit cheaper, but not by much since its $400 per unit and Chapman is $475 per unit.

Chapman is a more intimate school and class sizes are much smaller with a better teacher to student ratio. I might be biased towards this program since i'm in it and I really like it there. I feel that I do get my money's worth in terms of education and advancing me towards Dental School. Bounds of research opportunities and no budget issues since they are a private school. Normally its about $950 per unit for regular students, but they discount it half price for Post-Baccs. The success rate for post-bacc students getting into professional schools is high, somewhere in the 85-90 percentile.

I hope this helps!