Cal States

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abal93

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN!

Does anyone have any information on the strength of the accredited CSU programs and SDSU school? I can't seem to find much around here and the most recent thread I found was from 2013 but these schools grab my attention due to the lower tuition cost and being able to stay in California.

If there's anyone on here that went or is currently at a Cal State: how was your experience? How was the professors and classes? Would you recommend your program or school?

Members don't see this ad.

From my application experience last year, the CSUs offered only MPH in Community Health Education, sans SDSU which offered a wide range of concentrations. If CHE is not your forte, but you want the low expense of in-state CSU, then SDSU would be your best bet. I applied and was excepted to SJSU, which would have allowed me to stay at home and pay the tuition straight from my savings account (no loans), but I declined their offer because I realized I wanted to study epi.