California Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jferona24

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has heard back from any schools in California such as Fresno, Long Beach, Northridge, Loma Linda, Mount St. Mary's, USC, or Sacramento. If you have would you be able to let me know when they did and provide all of your stats that you were accepted with?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Long Beach and Northridge and haven't heard from either. Though Long Beach's deadline isn't until Dec. so I don't expect to hear from them for a while. Good luck and I'll post again if I hear anything!

I didnt apply to those but I was wondering if anyone has heard from Western U. of Health and Sciences. I figured it would be ok to post on here since its a Cali school :)

Members don't see this ad :)
@seapt

I'm looking to hear from WestU too!
Lets us know if you hear!

According to PTCAS WesternU will conduct interviews early december. I would assume that sometime in late October / Early November WesternU should notify applicants of interviews or declinations.

CSUN has also notified me stating that all applicants will be notified of their admission status in mid December.

Loma Linda should notify sometime later. I also hear that they conduct both phone and in-person interviews.

Wish everyone best of luck! I am cali resident just waiting to hear from these schools. Waiting on CSUS & MSMC as well.

When I spoke with someone on the phone from Western, he said I'd probably hear in November.

I spoke to someone from Mt. St. Mary's as well, he said they begin reviewing applications in mid-late October, so hopefully those of who applied very early will start hearing.

Samuel Merritt has a timeline on their website, we should hear late December (it was Dec 20th last year).

@seapt

I'm looking to hear from WestU too!
Lets us know if you hear!

Will do! But I am expecting to hear back around the first week of Nov. That would be at least a month maybe a little more (I'm guessing that is about how long it takes). And like someone mentioned earlier that interviews are in Dec. Good luck everyone! :luck:

@AlexFLA: Seems like you and I are applying to a few of the same schools, maybe we will be classmates!

Last edited:
I applied to CSU Northridge last year, and they sent acceptances out in late February and early March.

Will do! But I am expecting to hear back around the first week of Nov. That would be at least a month maybe a little more (I'm guessing that is about how long it takes). And like someone mentioned earlier that interviews are in Dec. Good luck everyone! :luck:

@AlexFLA: Seems like you and I are applying to a few of the same schools, maybe we will be classmates!

Maybe! What's your first choice?

Maybe! What's your first choice?

My first choice would have to be UW due to cost, but I would really like to attend either Nova, UNE, or Western U. I'll just be happy to get into one school :D What are yours?

Last edited:
What are all of your stats for those that have been accepted to California schools or that have applied?

Chiming in with the info I've heard..
Chapman said they notify in late December
CSUN will notify you of your app status by 12/16..no idea on decision
I also spoke with Western U on the phone and they said interview notifications come out in late Oct & Nov
Phone convo with Samuel Merritt as well, interview notifications come in Dec (for Jan interviews)
Couldn't get a feel for USC's timeline

Hope that helps! I'm so jealous of all the people that know they are in somewhere already!

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied to CSUN, Chapman, and UCSF/SFSU (as well as some out-of-state schools).

Stats:
UCLA '12/BS in Biology.
PTCAS cumulative/prereq: 3.54/3.59. GRE: 165 V/166 Q/5.5 AW.
Hours: by 10/01, 264 outpatient orthopedic. Since then, 14 SNF and after this week, 20 acute care (hospital), and 86 more outpatient orthopedic (I work as an aide).
Other: three different research positions (molecular bio, cell bio, and ecology/evolutionary bio); student government; intramural sports
Some other things to consider: I am currently taking abnormal psych & exercise physiology and will be taking anatomy in the spring.

Hoping for good news come December!

Chiming in with the info I've heard..
Chapman said they notify in late December
CSUN will notify you of your app status by 12/16..no idea on decision
I also spoke with Western U on the phone and they said interview notifications come out in late Oct & Nov
Phone convo with Samuel Merritt as well, interview notifications come in Dec (for Jan interviews)
Couldn't get a feel for USC's timeline

Hope that helps! I'm so jealous of all the people that know they are in somewhere already!

Thanks for the input on Western U.! That gives me hope that I will hear from them soon!

Do you guys think I have a good chance of getting into CSULB, Chapman, or CSUN?

UCLA
overall GPA 3.6
prereq GPA 3.33
major: physiology
GRE: 160/160/4.0
volunteer: 200+ in two different settings (inpatient and outpatient)

Extra Currics: Fraternity, tutoring low income youth in Chinatown, Global Medical Brigades (mission trip), club sports team

I'm asking because I have received a couple of interviews from OOS schools (I didn't think that they'd interview bc it said no supplement on the PTCAS website), and I would prefer to go to CA schools over these other two. I honestly don't know if I can afford to shell out ~$500-600 on two interviews, especially if I have a good chance of getting into a CSU or Chapman. Please let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Last edited:
You can always accept interviews and decline later, I think. You'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Lets hope someone hears some good news this week from Cali!!

Hopefully, I get into Loma Linda. I received an email from WesternU's academic coordinator (Albert Espejo) informing me that my acceptance into the program is high, I just got to nail my interview!

CSUN
Overall GPA 3.94
Prereq GPA 3.99
major: Kinesiology
Volunteer: 100 inpatient hours @ hospital. 94 outpatient hours @ pediatrics clinic
Extra Curricular Activities: Kinesiology Majors Club, Community Service club (Circle K International), Academic Mentor for Student Housing

Will keep you all updated!

Last edited:
Hopefully, I get into WesternU or Loma Linda. I received an email from WesternU's academic coordinator (Albert Espejo) informing me that my acceptance into the program is high, I just got to nail my interview!

CSUN
Overall GPA 3.94
Prereq GPA 3.99
major: Kinesiology
GRE: N/A
Volunteer: 100 inpatient hours @ hospital. 94 outpatient hours @ pediatrics clinic
Extra Curricular Activities: Kinesiology Majors Club, Community Service club (Circle K International), Academic Mentor for Student Housing

Will keep you all updated!

Did he send you a separate email saying that you were a high priority? And was this email to invite you to a interview? I'm just wondering since they should be sending interview invites soon, or at least I think they are and I am hoping to get an interview at Western U.

Did he send you a separate email saying that you were a high priority? And was this email to invite you to a interview? I'm just wondering since they should be sending interview invites soon, or at least I think they are and I am hoping to get an interview at Western U.
It was just a individual email, unfortunately. I have not gotten any word yet regarding interviews. I was told they will start sending interview invitations during early November!

It was just a individual email, unfortunately. I have not gotten any word yet regarding interviews. I was told they will start sending interview invitations during early November!
Well lets hope to hear something next week then!

I got word from Loma Linda! I am invited to an interview on November 17th!

I just submitted my application to Western U two days ago. I wonder if that'll be a great hinder to my opportunity to get in since it was submitted at the very end of the deadline. :(

I just submitted my application to Western U two days ago. I wonder if that'll be a great hinder to my opportunity to get in since it was submitted at the very end of the deadline. :(

Alberto Espejo told me that they will review applications in the order it was received. I don't think that necessarily hinders your opportunity to get into the program, but rather it might just take you a little longer to receive an e-mail or invitation to an interview.

Got interview to LLU for Nov. 17 too.

I also got an interview to LLU on Nov. 17th ....I will be seeing you guys there! Do you have any idea regarding an interview process? what kind of questions are being asked..etc?

I also got an interview to LLU on Nov. 17th ....I will be seeing you guys there! Do you have any idea regarding an interview process? what kind of questions are being asked..etc?

That is awesome! There is a total of 6 interviews that are going to be held during that Sunday!
3/6 people are here. Where are the other 3 people at? lol

I imagine some of the questions are going to be.
1) Why PT as a profession?
2) Why did you choose Loma Linda?
3) How was your PT experiences? What did you learn?
4) What makes you a better applicant than the other applicants that applied?

Got interview to LLU for Nov. 17 too.

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

That is awesome! There is a total of 6 interviews that are going to be held during that Sunday!
3/6 people are here. Where are the other 3 people at? lol

I imagine some of the questions are going to be.
1) Why PT as a profession?
2) Why did you choose Loma Linda?
3) How was your PT experiences? What did you learn?
4) What makes you a better applicant than the other applicants that applied?

Do you know if there will be any question relating to our religious belief? I am not SDA, so I do not know about this religion...:(

For those that got interviews, would you all be able to provide your stats?

Do you know if there will be any question relating to our religious belief? I am not SDA, so I do not know about this religion...:(
No i dont think they ask anything regarding religious beliefs or religion at all

If that question does come up, I will just be truthful and tell them I am not religious. Rather tell them the truth than act like I know a thing about SDA. I would probably tell them that a lot of my morals are similar to those of SDA teachings. Something like that :)

For those that got interviews, would you all be able to provide your stats?

My stats are:
Pre-requisite GPA - 3.99
Cumulative GPA - 3.94
Volunteer Hours - 100 @ inpatient hospital. 94 @ outpatient pediatrics clinic

Pre-GPA: probably 3.6-3.65
I do not know what they calculated for C-GPA, probably around 3.2-3.3.
Observation hours: 260 outpatient, 210 SNF, 50 sub-acute inpatient pediatric

Co Luu, you do not need to know anything about SDA with your perfect stats!:)
Why do you think there will be 6 people interviewed? I noticed that they have appointments for several rooms, so I assume that they will interview several applicants every 30 minutes. ?

Pre-GPA: probably 3.6-3.65
I do not know what they calculated for C-GPA, probably around 3.2-3.3.
Observation hours: 260 outpatient, 210 SNF, 50 sub-acute inpatient pediatric

Co Luu, you do not need to know anything about SDA with your perfect stats!:)
Why do you think there will be 6 people interviewed? I noticed that they have appointments for several rooms, so I assume that they will interview several applicants every 30 minutes. ?

You are too kind, easb.
Best of luck to all that will be getting interviewed on the 17th!
I will keep everyone updated!

QUESTION -
What is everyone's majors?

No i dont think they ask anything regarding religious beliefs or religion at all
If that question does come up, I will just be truthful and tell them I am not religious. Rather tell them the truth than act like I know a thing about SDA. I would probably tell them that a lot of my morals are similar to those of SDA teachings. Something like that :)

My stats are:
Pre-requisite GPA - 3.99
Cumulative GPA - 3.94
Volunteer Hours - 100 @ inpatient hospital. 94 @ outpatient pediatrics clinic

Thank You guys for the response...:) I am excited to see you all on 17th as well :)

I major in Kinesiology from CSUF, focused on Pre-Allied Health Science. What about you?
Awesome! You are from Fullerton?
I am also a Kinesiology major @ CSU-Northridge.

Awesome! You are from Fullerton?
I am also a Kinesiology major @ CSU-Northridge.

I am from Buena Park. Question: Since you went to CSUN, are you applying for their program? Or do you know how is it?

Hi Everyone,
Just received an acceptance letter from MSMC!! Came in the mail, so be on the lookout!!