California January MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fatkitty

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

This may sound like a dumb question, but I was trying to register for the January MCAT earlier, but California doesn't appear on the drop down menu of available seats. Is there some kind of error, seeing at it is 4 months ahead of the test date, or are there really absolutely no seats available in all of California?

Thanks for your guys' help!

Members don't see this ad.

There are no more seats. Either wait until people drop their dates (risky) or pick a neighboring state...and then wait to see if one in Cali opens up.

Dang it, looks like I may be taking a trip to Washington to take the MCAT....

My only other option is to take the revised MCAT2015 test. Anybody have any opinions? Spend a small fortune to fly out of state and have all the stresses of travel, or study for the new MCAT and take it from the comfort of home. I'll be applying in this upcoming cycle.

Dang it, looks like I may be taking a trip to Washington to take the MCAT....

My only other option is to take the revised MCAT2015 test. Anybody have any opinions? Spend a small fortune to fly out of state and have all the stresses of travel, or study for the new MCAT and take it from the comfort of home. I'll be applying in this upcoming cycle.

Definitely try out the old one first. Since the new test is not being administered until April, there are not as many materials that will help you with the new test than with the old. You have more resources within reach to study for the old one.

I would sign up for the Washington one, and then check the registration site from time to time to see if a testing center nearby you opens up, even if it's in a closer state. Don't book your airplane ticket to Washington yet! You can always change your testing site any time after registration, providing that there are seats available.

Members don't see this ad :)
If someone needs to come up to washington for the Jan 8th date (or other for that matter), I live near campus and will be writing the test the same date. I would be willing to host 1 person to make the financial burden a bit less. Have to stick together right?

Reactions: 1 user
that right,You can always change your testing site any time after registration, providing that there are seats available.thanks
7HPPOI

Thanks everybody for your input! It looks like I will register for one in Washington and keep my fingers crossed for one to open up a little closer.

Ironale, thanks for your kindness. I'll let you know closer to the date if I do end up needing a place to crash and study.

Did it cost any additional money to change the location of your exam? How do you go about doing this? I'm currently trying to find a January date in CA. Thought I'd just book a seat in Nevada but those are all taken as well.

Yes, I had to pay but it was cheaper and less hassle than flying to Portland or wherever I was supposed to be going. You just have to cancel it then you can see other slots - I think it was annoying that you couldn't check availability while you were booked.
Thanks!

Yes, I had to pay but it was cheaper and less hassle than flying to Portland or wherever I was supposed to be going. You just have to cancel it then you can see other slots - I think it was annoying that you couldn't check availability while you were booked.
You totally can see availability while you're already booked, you just pay the 65 fee (if you change early enough) right?