California Licensure for foreign graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kstjohn

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm a reporter at the San Francisco Chronicle looking into doing a story about California's licensure requirements for foreign-trained dentists, and how upcoming changes will affect the practice of dentistry in the state. I'm interested in speaking with people who've studied abroad (or are studying) and who hope to practice here in CA to see if you are concerned about passing the licensure exam before the state requires graduation from a 2-year supplemental program, etc etc. My name is Kelly St. John and you can email directly at [email protected] if you like. Thanks for your interest.

Members don't see this ad.

Its been a while since you posted this ..Iam just wondering if you got anything on this topic . I've applied to the same program (advance standing program ). I recently came accross this site .
I think ( correct me if Iam wrong) that the lincensure exam (in cali)is the same for all the student who graduate from US dental school. They might be diff from the exams of the other states but I doubt if they have diff exams for advance standing students & the regulars.

Oooops ! You mean the bench exam ! I dont think I'll want to give it .

Members don't see this ad :)
Heya, guys !

Since you're talking about it ... I need some help over here ... I'd like to know what are the procedures for a foreign dentist to get a license in the United States. I'm studying dentistry in Israel, but I'm looking for oppotunities abroad, since there's an oversupply of dentists here. I'd appreciate all the info you can provide me with.

P.S.
It would be cool to have professional pen-pals from all over the world ... therefore you're welcome to mail/ICQ me :)

yes i would like to know the procedure to take a licence in the california ,and also if it is possible if i would like to apply for advance standing is there any conditions and how many years it will took.