California Northstate CNUCOP PHARMACY (Class of 2020)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilpea

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
WELCOME! I guess this will be the tread for Cal Northstate applicants during the 2015 cycle. Got my interview for October 22! Anyone else here?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you apply ED? I submitted my application late September so I'll probably be waiting for awhile.

No I didn't, I finished my supplemental around late September too so you should probably get an interview soon. Are you considering going to northstate though? I've heard a lot of bad things so not sure...

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a pretty bad school...lol

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah...theres so much negativity going on about it I think theyre gonna eventually shut down. I dont even want to go to my interview anymore but I already bought plane tix :/

I just got an interview for November 20th....But I didn't even turn in my supplementals yet...

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an interview for November 20th....But I didn't even turn in my supplementals yet...
HAHAHA its a sign..... my friend got an interview w/o turning in his supplements either.

My neighbor went to Northstate and is making over $10,000 a month. It's a decent school if you live in the Sacramento area and can save money on rent by living at home. Almost half of the kids there come from UCD or CSUS. Just got accepted for class of 2020!!!

Got an interview for this this Thursday the 12th but I cancelled the interview after being accepted elsewhere, luckily prior to booking any tickets. Very expensive tuition in excess of 55K not including board obviously. The school is also in Sacramento so not sure how fun that city can be. Good luck.

Got an interview for this this Thursday the 12th but I cancelled the interview after being accepted elsewhere, luckily prior to booking any tickets. Very expensive tuition in excess of 55K not including board obviously. The school is also in Sacramento so not sure how fun that city can be. Good luck.

Do you know how much in advance you have to cancel by?? I was offered an interview in December but am not sure if I plan on going pending an offer from a school I just recently did an interview at.

Do you know how much in advance you have to cancel by?? I was offered an interview in December but am not sure if I plan on going pending an offer from a school I just recently did an interview at.
Well ideally at least 3 business days in advance. The main thing is to not cancel the day of or day before or even worse not cancel at all and just not show up.

before you commit to anything make sure you research the cost and type of loans and interest rates available. From I heard, government funded loans are not offered by this school.

before you commit to anything make sure you research the cost and type of loans and interest rates available. From I heard, government funded loans are not offered by this school.
I know a handful of people who graduated and also students who are still attending this school and they have also said that they interest rates are extremely high. Northstate was granted federal loans but turned it down because they profit more from the private lenders.
Both pharmacists I know who graduated from this school are only getting by with their high interest rates because they have a TON of help from husband/boyfriend, family and also found a job right away and worked during school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a handful of people who graduated and also students who are still attending this school and they have also said that they interest rates are extremely high. Northstate was granted federal loans but turned it down because they profit more from the private lenders.
Both pharmacists I know who graduated from this school are only getting by with their high interest rates because they have a TON of help from husband/boyfriend, family and also found a job right away and worked during school.
If you have a good co-signer, private loans can have lower interest rates than federal loans since federal loans do not consider credit worthiness. Federal loans have other perks that private loans don't though, so it would be nice to at least have the option.

CNU isn't going to shut down anytime soon, they're actually expanding. They just opened a Med school (below the pharm school) this year. There's also a undergrad program in Folsom that just started up as well as a post-bac that also occurs in the main facility. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a dental or nursing program in the works.

Just make sure you understand and can afford all the financial bits and also assume they will raise tuition every year (I think by 5% or something) because they state they "may" do so in their student agreements.

Hi, I got accepted to CNUCOP, anyone here knows any good places to live around the campus?
thank you

Reg flags with this school galore. You guys need to withdraw you acceptance letters and go to a school that actually grants federal loans. Private loans will have no IBR and no federal benefits. That could be a disaster.

You have been warned. This school might be the worst pharmacy school in the United States.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, I got accepted to CNUCOP, anyone here knows any good places to live around the campus?
thank you
are you a guy or a girl? I may go there so I'm looking for possible roommates

are you a guy or a girl? I may go there so I'm looking for possible roommates
Just realized you're a guy my bad lol Let me know if you're looking for a roommate

Can any of you guys justify why you would attend this school? Location alone should not be a good enough reason due to the red flags

Can any of you guys justify why you would attend this school? Location alone should not be a good enough reason due to the red flags
It has good job placement (90% full time), above average Naplex pass rate (93%), and a decent number of their graduates go on to residencies (something like 15%.) There are plenty of worse pharmacy schools out there... I could understand that the private loan thing could throw some people off, but that doesn't make it the worst Pharm school in the country... Haha

I actually got accepted here. Probably putting down the deposit to save my place while waiting for other schools responses. (I'm waiting on UC Denver to deny or accept me after an interview on 12/11). In what way exactly is my degree "limited"... isn't a PharmD a PharmD? During the interview it seemed like they have a lot of connections with employers and many rotation opportunities.

I was looking at tuition for all the California schools and yikes. $37k annually for UCSF (in-state!), $51k for USC, $182,090 for 3 years at UoP. Depressing.

If I were applying to schools in Pac-12 territory, I'd rather go to a out-of-state public school and claim in-state residency after 1 year. That means CU, OSU, UW, WSU, UA, UU...

Edit: availability and geography of rotation spots and intern opportunities definitely something to consider with some of the programs at public universities.

I was looking at tuition for all the California schools and yikes. $37k annually for UCSF (in-state!), $51k for USC, $182,090 for 3 years at UoP. Depressing.

If I were applying to schools in Pac-12 territory, I'd rather go to a out-of-state public school and claim in-state residency after 1 year. That means CU, OSU, UW, WSU, UA, UU...

Edit: availability and geography of rotation spots and intern opportunities definitely something to consider with some of the programs at public universities.
I agree! I applied to CU, UW, and Pacific in Oregon, Northstate is just the first to give me a YES and I want to just secure my spot there since the deposit is actually pretty cheap!

There is an accepted Facebook page. You guys should join so we start getting more activity!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Has anyone who interviewed in January heard anything back from Jason/CNU?

Have anyone heard back from February interview batch?

Does anyone have any tips on the interview? What questions should I expect?

Spoke to a bitchy black lady on the phone and have decided not apply here since. They lost high calbier student. Bet they're higher ups cant train their lowers or they dont know how their soldiers r doing

thank you
Hey I have any interview on 1st of April. Any tips for the interview and the essay?

Hi Nanakay! I have my interview on April 1st too. I'll see you there :)

Am coming from Cincinnati Ohio. This will be my first time to the West Coast..I am very excited

I hope you'll like it here. I am from the area, about 20 minutes away from the school :)

just gave up my seat, good luck to everyone!

Has anyone who interviewed on 4/1 heard back yet? Two friends who also interviewed on 4/1 got accepted today, with one having the same first letter last name as me. Another friend of mine who interviewed another day heard back in 5 regular days.

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed on 4/1 heard back yet? Two friends who also interviewed on 4/1 got accepted today, with one having the same first letter last name as me. Another friend of mine who interviewed another day heard back in 5 regular days.

I interviewed on 4/1. I received my acceptance email at 3pm on Friday 4/8.

I interviewed on 4/1. I received my acceptance email at 3pm on Friday 4/8.
It feels like everyone who got admitted from that batch heard back on 4/8... darn.

Hi everyone, I have an interview on 04/22. I am pretty nervous. Anyone has any tips for me. I'm coming for NY, can anyone give me an insight about the questions? Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone, we have two Asian girls got into CNU this year and we are looking for a third roommate to rent rooms together.
If you are interested please email me [email protected].
Thanks

Just wanted to give an update. I interviewed on 4/1 and didn't hear back at all until 6/7. I was accepted. I know someone who interviewed early in the cycle but didn't hear back until 2-ish months as well and it was also an acceptance. It sounds like acceptances are usually known within a week of the interview, and sometimes 2 months too I guess...

Has anyone been waitlisted this cycle?