About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California Northstate College of Pharmacy

Discussion in 'Pharmacy School-Specific Discussions' started by misterlao, Sep 13, 2011.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. Twentytwelve2

Twentytwelve2

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    We were in the same group. :)
    Let's hope yellow is the lucky color. :laugh:
  2. jyw003

jyw003 Learning to be a Farmer

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
  3. SweetANDSimple

SweetANDSimple

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yes! Let's hope so! Let me know if you hear back. Today has been a very anxious day for me. I really hoping to hear from them sooner than later.
  4. Twentytwelve2

Twentytwelve2

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Did anyone receive a phone call from California Northstate today? I missed the call and I dont know if we are allowed to call back.
  5. SweetANDSimple

SweetANDSimple

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    You should just call them back. I'm sure they'd be okay with that.
  6. lv56

lv56

Pre-Pharmacy
    You should call back, I received one this afternoon and it was to offer me a seat for this coming year.
  7. Twentytwelve2

Twentytwelve2

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Iv56,

First off congrats you to too! I was wondering, did you have to accept their offer from the phone call? Their school's site says they mail out an official letter after the informal acceptance message via either phone/email.

Thanks for your help, my problem is I am in school all morning and I cannot call back until the 3PM and I am not sure if their offices are open.
  8. patientlover

patientlover

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congratulations!! :thumbup:

Haha early congratulations!! Because it's most likely an acceptance, since I also missed my call last November. When I called back, they told I was accepted. No need to say whether you accept/decline the offer. That's what the paper forms are all about.
  9. Twentytwelve2

Twentytwelve2

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thank you! Yes, it was an acceptance offer call! I think they changed procedure, patientlover. You have to respond to their call before an acceptance letter/email is processed.

YAY I am so happy! Although, I have a bad headache right now. :p
  10. pig rx

pig rx

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congrats!
  11. lv56

lv56

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congratulations!!!
  12. Datt

Datt

Pre-Pharmacy
    I received an email...I was placed on Wait list and asked to wait and said that there is hope even up to the first day of school... ...so upset :(:(:(

I don't even know if their wait list is based on any ranking, it didn't say anything about high ranking or low .....does anyone know how their waiting list works?
    Did everyone who did not get accepted got placed on waiting list or did some get rejected? ...I recall the end of interview they said they have acceptance, wait list and reject list...right?
    Doesn't matter..still so sad ...:(
  13. Twentytwelve2

Twentytwelve2

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Thank you. :)
    I'm sorry to hear that Datt, you have every right to be upset. I know how it feels to be w/l. But to answer your question, they will rank you either in the high or regular waitlist. They will inform you which category you fall into. They also rank those within the categories but that information is not disclosed to candidates. They said seats typically become available in June, and waitlisted candidates ranked highest will be offered the initial seats.

Yes, Cyndi Porter said they accept about 10 out of the total candidates on any given interview and the majority would be waitlisted, with very few actually being rejected. However, she said Northstate pulls candidates very deeply from the waitlist.

Wish you and everyone else the best.
  14. Datt

Datt

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thank you! and congrads to you! Wish you the best .
    about ranking, they didn't mention about regular or high in the email they sent me..is this something they will send me later or they should have enclosed it in this email? maybe if it doesn't say its high or regular, then it might be regular? I don't know...should I ask? hmmm...
  15. Twentytwelve2

Twentytwelve2

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    They will update you on waitlist status probably after the adcom finish with the interview results for 4/20 candidates. I dont recommend asking them because it can "jeopardize" your chance. Just keep a positive outlook. If you feel that you did well, then surely enough you will get in. :)
  16. MisterNhan

MisterNhan

I just got accepted to this school, definitely gonna go here. Liked the vibe and area here.
  17. pig rx

pig rx

Pre-Pharmacy
    Congrats! Were u from the April interview or wait listed before?

I am still waiting to get off the wait list. -.-
  18. MisterNhan

MisterNhan

I just had the interview early April. I am pretty surprised, I was almost sure I was going to get waitlisted. Lol trying to figure out how to pay for the deposit, I just made a $1500 deposit to a different school while waiting for a response from Northstate.
  19. Datt

Datt

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thank you , I won't ask them, but do you know where i can check this update or they will email that ranking of high or low in another email ? If anyone reading this that is placed on wait list and knows if its high or low , can you tell me if that info was given in the original email sent when you got wait listed? how did you find out?

Some schools do have a website for their wait list...I don't think Northstate does....
    Yes, I feel I did well, that's why I was surprised...hopefully I get in...cross my fingers....thanks again
  20. RPhbound

RPhbound

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    my friend was waitlisted for this school. interviewed in september but she got a generic email saying "congratulations" in february. there was no indication whether she was hi or low on the waitlist. either way i wish you the best of luck!
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  21. baochaunguyen

baochaunguyen

I missed a call on saturday, and I have tried to contact admission, but could not get an answer. Anyone give me an advice. Thanks
  22. baochaunguyen

baochaunguyen

I got a call from school on sat but unfortunately i missed that :(:(:(:(:cry::cry::cry: and I have tried to contact admission, but could not reach anyone.
  23. baochaunguyen

baochaunguyen

Haha early congratulations!! Because it's most likely an acceptance, since I also missed my call last November. When I called back, they told I was accepted. No need to say whether you accept/decline the offer. That's what the paper forms are all about.[/QUOTE]

I missed that call as well, but i tried to call admission, but could not get an answer. Did they leave you a message? Can you give me a phone number that you called them earlier? Thanks
  24. baochaunguyen

baochaunguyen

25. patientlover

patientlover

Pre-Pharmacy
    Whoa, calm down. If you got accepted, your spot is not going anywhere haha. The number I used they called me with (last November) was ------.

When you see this, let me know so I can re-edit the phone # out of the post out of privacy for the school.
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
  26. cocobear12

cocobear12

Pharmacy Student
    I know housing is early for now, but I just want to get some idea of which apartment/housing communities are more renovated and safe near school.

I just want a really nice kitchen and plenty of parking! :)
  27. RPhbound

RPhbound

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    me too!! i gotta come out there preety soon to find a place:eek:
  28. mashimash

mashimash

Pre-Pharmacy
    i got put on waitlist too :( has anyone who's been on the waitlist and got accepted? how long did it take? :/ hopefully i don't get the email right before school starts >___< i heard about those last minute acceptances in august too >___<
  29. pig rx

pig rx

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yes, a friend of one the SDN posters was on waitlisted from the September interview and was accepted February. I am not sure how long it takes to get pulled off the wait list. I haven't seen any SDNers posted that they were pulled off the wait list.

Yeah I hope I don't get one of those last minute acceptances in August.
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  30. Byebyebeautyful

Byebyebeautyful

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I interviewed in December and was waitlisted until Feb when I was called and accepted. I know the waiting game is soo hard but dont lose hope, as people have said before, CNCP goes pretty deep on their waitlist!!
  31. tydt

tydt

SDN 2+ Year Member
    Considering the steeeep tuition fee I'm not surprise that they will go deep in their waitlist. Which is why I wouldn't lose hope, just keep those fingers crossed.
  32. mashimash

mashimash

Pre-Pharmacy
    @ pig rx,Byebyebeautyful, tydt

thanks so much guys!!!! i feel a little better now!! :)
  33. tomasis2cool

tomasis2cool

Pharmacy Student
    Has anyone from the 4/20 interview day heard back from admissions yet?
  34. pig rx

pig rx

Pre-Pharmacy
    It hasn't been two weeks yet! lol. You will probably hear back some time the end of this week, the earliest.

I hope us wait listers get pulled off the wait list during the same time the 4/20 interviewees hear back!
  35. pharm188

pharm188

Pre-Pharmacy
    I hope so too :)
  36. nona

nona

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Just wondering did everybody from april 6th interview got something back from the school?? cuz its have been almost 4weeks and I didn't get anything:confused: also for those missed their calls did they left a VM???
  37. prettycat

prettycat

Pre-Pharmacy
    i also was put on the waitlist:( i am so hopless and disappointed, i tought i was gonna get in...does anyone know why we didnt get in?? cuz of the interview??i lost hope,, i dont think they'll pull me off the wait list at this point:(
    so so sad:( considering the fact that everybody gets waitling list...to me waiting list=rejection
  38. prettycat

prettycat

Pre-Pharmacy
  39. prettycat

prettycat

Pre-Pharmacy
    @nona go ahead and Email them...they will reply...Gail said if u havent heard anything by 4 weeks call me...so call them or Email them
  40. RPhbound

RPhbound

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    My goodness you CANNOT give up hope!!! there are a lot of considerations that you have to look at.......the possibility of your acceptance is possible......1. some people are not willing to pay the STEEP fees 2. there are some people that got accepted into other schools and are willing to go to the other accepted school 3. this school is not accredited yet so some people will probably go to a school where federal loans are available. 4. then there are those just might change their minds.....so just keep your self thinking positive :)
  41. prettycat

prettycat

Pre-Pharmacy
    thanks RPHbound:)
    i generally am a negative person, but ill keep the fingers crossed:)
  42. RPhbound

RPhbound

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    trust me i understand...... just remember you were good enough to be picked to be interviewed out of many applicants, and with all other things considered try to be calm and positive :)
  43. Twentytwelve2

Twentytwelve2

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Nah, they dont leave any messages. If they cant get in touch with you, they will send an email that you missed their call. Your situation is very strange, I would send Ms Kubat an email when you have the time.
  44. prettycat

prettycat

Pre-Pharmacy
    Yup RPHbound, hopefully lord is on board:)I am very smart, even if they dont see it ,hehhe:p
  45. prettycat

prettycat

Pre-Pharmacy
    does anyone know who will pull people off the waitlist? another admissions committe?? i didnt see any ranking on their notification email
  46. Byebyebeautyful

Byebyebeautyful

Pre-Pharmacy
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Hey for those of you who have signed up for loans already, did anyone do ED South? Or sign up without a co-signer? I dont think I will have anyone be my co-signer...I wonder if I can still get a loan even though I have no current income?
  47. Twentytwelve2

Twentytwelve2

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    That is because they do not let you know that information. I'm pretty sure the Adcom will be the ones reviewing all wait listed candidates again. You know, I have always been very curious about how the adcom works. Anyone with insight on how the process works?
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  48. prettycat

prettycat

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thank Twentytwelve2,

ya, me too..i am wondering how that works too.. they said, admco are two faculty, and they will look at each application
  49. RPhbound

RPhbound

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    yes you can get a school loan without current income....the goal is to start paying them back once you have accomplished ur degree
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  50. Ehm1

Ehm1

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I would try Sallie Mae first since they now have deferred payments so that you don't have to pay monthly payments while you are in school. If they don't accept you without a co-signer or if you have co-signers that are not qualified, then I would go with Ed South. Ed South basically approves everyone.

Hopefully if all goes according to plan and we get accredited this year, federal FAFSA student loans will be soon to follow :)