California Northstate College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! Good luck on your final too!

Members don't see this ad.

For those who got the "high waitlist" email, did u first receive an email saying u were on the WL and then got an email saying u were on the high waitlist, or dud u just get an email saying u were waitlisted and that u were high on the list. I've been keeping somewhat up to date and I dnt think others who interviewed earlier got any such emails. Btw im also on the WL

I had an interview on 4/20 and then I received only one email 16 days from interview day stating that I was on a " high wait list".

Patience is not my virtue unfortunately, so I hope like everyone else on W/l that we hear back soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Any applicants out there that are waiting to hear back from another school and might be giving up their spots if accepted to that school instead of Northstate?

***scream scream*** i got in!!!! :D
got email today interviewed april 6 oh my freakin goodness im sooooo happy

anybody else from april get the email?? im not sure if it real because it does not have my name on it....can anybody tell me if its legit, i hope its not a mistake im soo excited i dont know what to believe

no i was not.....but the email letter is so regular it does not have my name on it, weird huh?:eek:

April 6th.... and you finally got accepted? That is so weird but CONGRATULATIONS!
A lot of people were accepted exactly 2 weeks after the 6th on Saturday. I would assume they finished reviewing those applicants already. :O

well this is what i got:

April 8, 2012

Dear Class of 2016 Student Candidate,
Congratulations on your acceptance into the Doctor of Pharmacy program at California Northstate College of Pharmacy. I know this is an exciting time and I look forward to helping you with the process of joining our College.
When the candidate is extended an offer of admission, they must complete certain non-academic requirements. Several of these requirements must be completed well ahead of the start of school. The list below briefly describes these requirements.

• Complete all of the immunizations for the experiential education component of the program and preparation for matriculation. Once your Enrollment Agreement has been received, the Registrar will send you the immunization information.
• Complete a background check prior to orientation. This cycle we have contracted with Certiphi, in association with PharmCas, to perform the background checks for all accepted candidates. Certiphi will be sending you an email requesting your authorization to begin the background check. Please give them your authorization, as soon as possible.
• Start the approval process for securing financial aid, scholarships, or loans, if necessary.

and then it goes on more about other info i will be receiving via email

Wow! Congrats!!
That is weird that they are just now getting back to you.

well this is what i got:

April 8, 2012

Congratulations on your acceptance into the Doctor of Pharmacy program at California Northstate College of Pharmacy. I know this is an exciting time and I look forward to helping you with the process of joining our College.
When the candidate is extended an offer of admission, they must complete certain non-academic requirements. Several of these requirements must be completed well ahead of the start of school. The list below briefly describes these requirements.

• Complete all of the immunizations for the experiential education component of the program and preparation for matriculation. Once your Enrollment Agreement has been received, the Registrar will send you the immunization information.
• Complete a background check prior to orientation. This cycle we have contracted with Certiphi, in association with PharmCas, to perform the background checks for all accepted candidates. Certiphi will be sending you an email requesting your authorization to begin the background check. Please give them your authorization, as soon as possible.
• Start the approval process for securing financial aid, scholarships, or loans, if necessary.

and then it goes on more about other info i will be receiving via email

Did you notice it says April 8th, 2012? Very strange indeed. I think they delayed or something happened to your application.

Members don't see this ad :)
okay now i just received this

May 8, 2012

The Student Financial Aid Flier for the Sallie Mae, EdSouth and iHelp loans is attached to this email.

As the information regarding financing your education indicates (see attachment), we are unable to offer any federal financial aid until our College becomes fully accredited. In most instances, students will need to supplement their family and personal contributions with some type of private student loan. We recommend any student interested in applying for a private loan prepare early by obtaining a copy of their credit report now to address any concerns early in the process. The major national credit reporting agencies are:

i for got i cant include the whole letter because of the names**dont ant to get into trouble**

Last edited:
ok so i now can assume the date was an error because the subject said correction....

wow congrats....yeah they can get the dates twisted, i recently recieved a email indicating that school will start on august 20th instead of the 24th, so im sure buzzzzzy gail made a slight error, she is the only one i believe contacting candidates.....but either way congrats to you!!!!

wow congrats....yeah they can get the dates twisted, i recently recieved a email indicating that school will start on august 20th instead of the 24th, so im sure buzzzzzy gail made a slight error, she is the only one i believe contacting candidates.....but either way congrats to you!!!!

Same here, at least it wasn't a correction email stating that they mistakenly sent you a acceptance email :D instead of a waitlist one :scared:. As for the email indicating that the start date is now the 20th instead of the 24th, the reasoning Gail gave us was so that there was enough remediation time during winter break.

Hi yal, I'm giving up my spot from CNCP to go to another school. Good luck to all of you on the waitlist and interviewing!!!

Thanks for letting us know! BTW, may I ask which school you have decided to go to instead?

Hmm. I really think they are now categorizing waitlisters into high and "normal" so I think you will get an updated email sometimes soon. Cross your fingers!!

Yeah this is what it says on their website: "The wait list is not ranked until later in the cycle. We rank the wait list in two categories: high waitlist and waitlist. We do not provide a specific number within these categories. The Office of Admissions will send out an electronic announcement to wait list candidates as decisions are made."

Has anyone heard back from Northstate this week that was on the waitlist?

Hey I'm from the 4/20 interview too!! and got accepted 2 weeks after. Yay I'm just happy and relieved

Congrats! I am from the 4/20 interview also but was put on wait list.

I received an email....saying i am on the high waitlist.....

thanks twentytwelve,

Hope to God, may God have merci:) ill keep praying

I received an email....saying i am on the high waitlist.....

Did you recently get this email? Was this email sent after the original email that simply said you were on the waitlist?

It seems to be that all the interview dates prior to the 4/20 one, those that were placed onto the waitlist were not informed whether or not they were high or low on that waitlist. Therefore, I was just curious as to whether or not we'd be receiving another email some time soon telling us. This waiting game is seriously making me extremely anxious.

Did you recently get this email? Was this email sent after the original email that simply said you were on the waitlist?

It seems to be that all the interview dates prior to the 4/20 one, those that were placed onto the waitlist were not informed whether or not they were high or low on that waitlist. Therefore, I was just curious as to whether or not we'd be receiving another email some time soon telling us. This waiting game is seriously making me extremely anxious.
I agree with you about the w/L ... How anxious I am to hear back from them. I noticed that I keep checking my email compulsively all day since the initial news about being wait listed. It's torturing me!!

I also find it weird that earlier candidates were simply "waitlisted" while all later candidates seem to be getting "high waitlisted"... Maybe they found better candidates than those originally waitlisted? U late waitlisters shud b happy :(

Sounds like the whole school is "weird" they can't decided when school is supposed to start, everyone is quoted different times when fees are due! Glad I decided not to interview here. Wish you guys good luck with this place. That's a lot o cash to be get jacked around.

WSU-2016

For those who got the "high waitlist" email, did u first receive an email saying u were on the WL and then got an email saying u were on the high waitlist, or dud u just get an email saying u were waitlisted and that u were high on the list. I've been keeping somewhat up to date and I dnt think others who interviewed earlier got any such emails. Btw im also on the WL

I interviewed on 4/6, got a regular waitlist notification email on 4/23. Then on 5/7, I got a high waitlist candidate email.

I interviewed on 4/6, got a regular waitlist notification email on 4/23. Then on 5/7, I got a high waitlist candidate email.

Hmm.. I suppose that means those of us that didn't get an email on 5/7 are not high waitlisted? Shame..

same here,

interviewed 4/6.....first got an email saying i am wailisted 4/23...then on 5/7 i got a high wait list email...
keep praying...as God closes one door,he opens up another one:)

Last edited:
so i think, its just how the website says:

u first get a regular waitlist email...then a high notification ( at this point, cuz the cycle is closed)

so i think, its just how the website says:

u first get a regular waitlist email...then a high notification ( at this point, cuz the cycle is closed)
So at this point, is everyone on "high wait list"? Does this place put everyone on a wait list or do they deny people too?

no, i dont think everyone is on the high wait list....
from my interview...they said they put almost everyone on the wait list( at least regular waitlist) but i am sure not highwaitlist ( highwait list is different, u have to have some chance to be in it) ...and a few get rejected...

but i assume a very small percent are on the high waitlist...but its just what i think...

Last edited:
what i meant is that:

later in the cycle, they will select highwaitlist people from the regular waitlist...so at this point there are two wailists:
1) high waitlist ( a few people) 2) regular one( with a LOT of people)
perhaps people will be promoted to highwaitlist as seats become available....
thats my openion from what i read:)

Whoa, calm down. If you got accepted, your spot is not going anywhere haha. The number I used they called me with (last November) was 916-503-1810.

When you see this, let me know so I can re-edit the phone # out of the post out of privacy for the school.

Thanks. I got it.

Anyone planning on giving up their spot for northstate this coming week in place of being accepted else where?

I got some kindda offer but dont have a seat to give up looool:0)

hey guys, i interviewed on 4/16, I'm the brown guy in that yellow group and got wait listed. Has anyone received an email from 4/16 interview saying that you are on high wait list? I keep checking my emials and no hope! :( I hope I get in. And also, goodluck to everyone..

hey guys, i interviewed on 4/16, I'm the brown guy in that yellow group and got wait listed. Has anyone received an email from 4/16 interview saying that you are on high wait list? I keep checking my emials and no hope! :( I hope I get in. And also, goodluck to everyone..

Do you mean the interview on 4/06? If so, it's past that 4 week mark so you should definitely call in to ask what's up

@pixy job offer loool
@dhruv107......4/16??u mean 4/6???