California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phtran87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just got an interview invitation for CNUCOP for september 21!! I'm a little nervous about it and wanted to know if anyone that got in this upcoming year have any advice for me. Also who else got an interview here for the same day!! SOOOO EXCITED, THIS IS MY FIRST INTERVIEW FOR A PHARMACY SCHOOL EVER!! I always was use to getting turned down, but when this email showed up on my phone I freaked out lol!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Woohoo! Awesomeness. I did too! First interview :D and just finished booking my flight... kinda nervous just thinking about it :scared:

Woohoo! Awesomeness. I did too! First interview :D and just finished booking my flight... kinda nervous just thinking about it :scared:

Congratulations! planning on booking my flight this weekend. Good luck to you!! Hope we both get in! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Congratulations to those that got interview :) I was wondering where the supplemental application is on the Northstate website?

Hey everyone! I just got an interview invitation for CNUCOP for september 21!! I'm a little nervous about it and wanted to know if anyone that got in this upcoming year have any advice for me. Also who else got an interview here for the same day!! SOOOO EXCITED, THIS IS MY FIRST INTERVIEW FOR A PHARMACY SCHOOL EVERY!! I always was use to getting turned down, but when this email showed up on my phone I freaked out lol!!

Hello,
I recently got accepted this term and as far as the interview, just be yourself; reflect back on your past experiences and apply them and how they influenced you/your life. Don't be nervous, and just remember to ask questions if you feel the need to. I was once in your shoes it took me a couple of tries to get accepted. I received acceptance into a couple of other school also, but CNUCP was the first school to call me back. Now my advice may seem miniscule, but just know that some times the smallest things make the biggest difference....the best of luck to you and congrats!:)

Hi everyone! Congratulations to those that got interview :) I was wondering where the supplemental application is on the Northstate website?

Hey yeah their supplemental was kind of hard to find initially but here's the link.
http://www.calnorthstate.com/appsubmitter/Login.aspx

Hello,
I recently got accepted this term and as far as the interview, just be yourself; reflect back on your past experiences and apply them and how they influenced you/your life. Don't be nervous, and just remember to ask questions if you feel the need to. I was once in your shoes it took me a couple of tries to get accepted. I received acceptance into a couple of other school also, but CNUCP was the first school to call me back. Now my advice may seem miniscule, but just know that some times the smallest things make the biggest difference....the best of luck to you and congrats!:)

Thank you! These advice will surely come in handy, good luck on this upcoming year!!

Hello,

Also can you tell me how many people are in your class? Because I thought that the class size was ~100 but on pharmcas it says that the number of students accepted for fall 2012 is 231. I'm assuming this includes those who gave up their seats for other schools but I may be wrong.

YES good luck to you too! I really hope we both get in as well!! But one thing that still worries me about cnucop is that it's not accredited yet >_<

Also can you tell me how many people are in your class? Because I thought that the class size was ~100 but on pharmcas it says that the number of students accepted for fall 2012 is 231. I'm assuming this includes those who gave up their seats for other schools but I may be wrong.

Yes, the estimated 231 includes the people who gave up their seats. The class size is approximately 107.

YES good luck to you too! I really hope we both get in as well!! But one thing that still worries me about cnucop is that it's not accredited yet >_<

Good luck! The school is very expensive with private loans.

Yes that is a concern for me as well, but from what I read they have until next June to get accredited, so we will have to see how that goes. I'm sure it will be accredited once fall 2013 begins because they have a new dean now who seem pretty motivated to get the school to become professionally accredited. Also the private loans are going to be rough, hopefully when the school gets accredited we can start getting federal loans.

Yes that is a concern for me as well, but from what I read they have until next June to get accredited, so we will have to see how that goes. I'm sure it will be accredited once fall 2013 begins because they have a new dean now who seem pretty motivated to get the school to become professionally accredited. Also the private loans are going to be rough, hopefully when the school gets accredited we can start getting federal loans.

Okay awesome, that makes me feel a bit better. What other schools did you guys apply to?? I'm really hoping for UOP :xf:

Okay awesome, that makes me feel a bit better. What other schools did you guys apply to?? I'm really hoping for UOP :xf:

I'm applying to 13 schools total to increase my chances. Have 8 supplementals done already currently studying for my PCAT on the 18th and then I'll finish up the rest of them. Some of the schools I'm applying to are mcphs-Worcester, Sullivan, Manchester U, Regis, Shenandoah, Appalachian, touro NY, d'youville, pacific u of Oregon, pcom, and a couple more. Hopefully I will hear back from the rest soon.

Hi~ I got the interview offer for Sept. 21 too!! I need to book a flight too~ See you guys soon and good luck to us~! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi~ I got the interview offer for Sept. 21 too!! I need to book a flight too~ See you guys soon and good luck to us~! :)

Hey congrats, I just booked my flight and hotel!! I'm from the east coast so it super expensive ugh lol:( . So nervous about the interview tho lol :barf:

I got an interview for 9/21/12...I have schedule conflict. Will be really hard for me to attend the interview. Did anyone reschedule (postpone) their interview before. If yes, WHAT did the admission office say? Did they give you a later date?

Thank You, for looking!

Hello everyone!!! Congratulations to everyone who got an interview!!! I have not heard anything from them :( I submitted my Pharmcas 8/15 and supplemental on 9/5 so I guess I need to be a little patient

I got an interview for 9/21/12...I have schedule conflict. Will be really hard for me to attend the interview. Did anyone reschedule (postpone) their interview before. If yes, WHAT did the admission office say? Did they give you a later date?

Thank You, for looking!

Hey, I think you are able to reschedule just call/email the admissions people to notify them. I read last year's posts and many people had to reschedule their September interviews due to conflict with school and such. I'm sure they understand and are aware that the end of september is usually when the first exams of the semester are held. You can look at last year's post for more details of who specifically to contact. Hope this helped.

Hey, I think you are able to reschedule just call/email the admissions people to notify them. I read last year's posts and many people had to reschedule their September interviews due to conflict with school and such. I'm sure they understand and are aware that the end of september is usually when the first exams of the semester are held. You can look at last year's post for more details of who specifically to contact. Hope this helped.
Do you think if I reschedule it will count negative towards me? What's the best option...should I go to interview (even though it will be really hard and hectic, since I got a lot going on around 9/21/12 interview) or should I reschedule???

Do you think if I reschedule it will count negative towards me? What's the best option...should I go to interview (even though it will be really hard and hectic, since I got a lot going on around 9/21/12 interview) or should I reschedule???

If you can make it, then try, just because you want to interview early before the application pool gets really competitive. But I don't think that would look negative if you had to reschedule, things come up and they understand that. But I would call them ASAP and ask them about the repercussions of rescheduling, like the possibility of being put on a waiting list for the future interview because they may already be filling up the spots for the next interview date. If this is the case then you would have to wait for the next available date after that or wait until someone turns down their interview offer. I would call before making any decisions. Emailing might work but im sure they are really busy and won't be able to respond to you quick enough so you can decide what to do. Best.

Thank You, for looking!

I read in an older forum for cnucop (last year I think) that someone had to rescheduled theirs and instead they got a letter for deferral? or waitlisting... basically saying there was a very slim chance or something.

BUT!! call them for sure. I hope it works out for you!!:xf:

Thanks so much for your post mrfr0ggiedudex and Phtran87.

Also, weird/stupid question for current students or anyone who can explain this to me. I was looking through the school's website and came across the academic program for the class of 2012, 2013, and 2014. I noticed that the curriculum for every class was different. I didn't match each class up from one year to the other to make sure all the classes were the same, but noticed that the classes were in different order. I wonder why this is the case? Is this because the school has a TBL style of teaching which allows them to be more flexible with moving classes around?

Also, weird/stupid question for current students or anyone who can explain this to me. I was looking through the school's website and came across the academic program for the class of 2012, 2013, and 2014. I noticed that the curriculum for every class was different. I didn't match each class up from one year to the other to make sure all the classes were the same, but noticed that the classes were in different order. I wonder why this is the case? Is this because the school has a TBL style of teaching which allows them to be more flexible with moving classes around?

The required courses are basically the same but I think the school is switching it around to determine which curriculum schedule is more effective for students. Once this is figured out, there'll probably set these classes.

The required courses are basically the same but I think the school is switching it around to determine which curriculum schedule is more effective for students. Once this is figured out, there'll probably set these classes.
Happens at Touro too, in addition to having a new "track."

Also, dont be nervous Phtran. They are really nice and they ask questions from a list. Most of them were situation questions that just asks for ur opinion so u dont have to come prepared other than knowing the "why pharmacy" and what u think about TBL.

Happens at Touro too, in addition to having a new "track."

Also, dont be nervous Phtran. They are really nice and they ask questions from a list. Most of them were situation questions that just asks for ur opinion so u dont have to come prepared other than knowing the "why pharmacy" and what u think about TBL.

Thanks MBkidd and Twentytwelve2. I had to admit I was a little confused when trying to learn more about their curriculum but your advice really cleared things up. Also it is good that the interviewers are nice because it creates a relaxing atmosphere for candidates to be themselves.

hey ! I got an interview for the same day :) its my first interview as well! So nervous...goodluck to you !

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten an interview! Does anyone know if the next set of interview invites will be send out after this first interview happens??

Congratulations to everyone who has gotten an interview! Does anyone know if the next set of interview invites will be send out after this first interview happens??
Hey,
I do know that the next interview should be around late October and they usually start sending invites about 2 weeks before your interview thats when I got mine for the September one.

Hey,
I do know that the next interview should be around late October and they usually start sending invites about 2 weeks before your interview thats when I got mine for the September one.

Thank you so much!

Best of luck to everyone interviewing today! Please post feedback about how the interview went.

Best of luck to everyone interviewing today! Please post feedback about how the interview went.
The interview went well, its a pretty long day. You start off with a TBL exercise which I enjoyed it was fun. After lunch you get split into groups and each group goes to either their interview, essay, or tour of the campus. Interview was with 1 faculty and 1 student. Hope this helps.

thanks for the info =] so excited, just got an interview invite today for the 26th of october

The interview went well, its a pretty long day. You start off with a TBL exercise which I enjoyed it was fun. After lunch you get split into groups and each group goes to either their interview, essay, or tour of the campus. Interview was with 1 faculty and 1 student. Hope this helps.

I'm interviewing on October 26th! Do you know what time the interview process began and what time it finished? Because I'm flying in from the east coast and trying to figure out flight timings...

congrats !! staff and students are really friendly its a welcoming evironment...goodluck !:)

I'm interviewing on October 26th! Do you know what time the interview process began and what time it finished? Because I'm flying in from the east coast and trying to figure out flight timings...
Yes plan to be there from 10am-5pm

Thanks!
Wait we're physically at the school till 5? On their website they say it should last between 4-5 hours and if we're starting at 10 am, shouldn't it be over by 3 pm? I have a connecting flight I need to catch out of SFO which means I have to catch my flight out of SMF at 5... this can't be good.

Yes i read that on their website too but you'll receive an email from them soon with more details on what to expect of the day theyll tell u to plan to be there 10-5 thats what they told us. I thought we might get out earlier but we didnt till 4:45pm.

Thanks!
Wait we're physically at the school till 5? On their website they say it should last between 4-5 hours and if we're starting at 10 am, shouldn't it be over by 3 pm? I have a connecting flight I need to catch out of SFO which means I have to catch my flight out of SMF at 5... this can't be good.

where in the east coast are you from?

Hey everyone. I try to post often but things get so hectic that I can't keep up with these forums! I walked past a lot of you guys who had your interview on that one Friday, looking sharp you guys :cool:

So I just received word that we got our first NAPLEX results for the period between May 1 - August 31...

State average pass rate: 96.12%
National pass rate: 95.21%
CNUCOP pass rate: 98.59% :D :thumbup:

Anyways, you guys are lucky because you won't have to get private loans. Since we're fully accredited by WASC we'll have federal loans for the upcoming year. We're just waiting for ACPE of course but I know we'll get it.

Best of luck to all of you :luck: I'll post when I can!

Hey everyone. I try to post often but things get so hectic that I can't keep up with these forums! I walked past a lot of you guys who had your interview on that one Friday, looking sharp you guys :cool:

So I just received word that we got our first NAPLEX results for the period between May 1 - August 31...

State average pass rate: 96.12%
National pass rate: 95.21%
CNUCOP pass rate: 98.59% :D :thumbup:

Anyways, you guys are lucky because you won't have to get private loans. Since we're fully accredited by WASC we'll have federal loans for the upcoming year. We're just waiting for ACPE of course but I know we'll get it.

Best of luck to all of you :luck: I'll post when I can!

:):thumbup:

hey guys just wondering if any1 has heard back from the september 21 interview yet. I haven't just curious if any1 else has yet

hey guys just wondering if any1 has heard back from the september 21 interview yet. I haven't just curious if any1 else has yet

i haven't heard anything yet! feels like forever. they said 3 -4 weeks right? well i know they said before october 26. next week is the 4th week... maybe they'll tell us then! :xf:

deposit is pretty expensive for this school too. $1500!! which i think is nonrefundable... :(

ya they said before oct 26th i guess we should be hearing by next week then hopefully! since the next interview is coming up....i want to know already it has felt like forever lol. wow thats an expensive deposit -__-

Hello everybody... has anyone received any updates from the admissions committee?