California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And where would the results be posted? On their website, ACPE, pharmcas?...

UMES's was posted on their schools website. Im not sure how the school will announce its status or when ACPE will post

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like the school website updated the ACPE decision. Grats to them. I knew they would get accreditation this year despite all the negative comments from last year.

CNCP deserves a reward for all the efforts. I shall reward the school with myself!! Just take me!!

Please feel free to accept all the waitlisted applicants to celebrate all your hard works and success CNCP :-D

Hahaha... I wish. I am glad they got full accredited. Congrats to CNSU school and the students!!!

WOW...I really thought this school was going to bite the dust after Hawaii. I guess credit is due where credit is due. I suppose the school could still collapse even after this, accreditation being only the first hurdle to jump over. We'll see if longevity is in this school's cards...

wow, what's wrong with you youRCC? So much negativity. Did CNU rejected you multiple times?

Yes we got full accreditation :) We all knew it was going to happen. You all have to understand, the only people who are complaining about Northstate are those who are in other pharmacy schools and do not want anymore job competition. Well we are here to stay whether the haters like it or not lol

I apologize to those who messaged me and I have not responded, I have not been on here at all, p3 year was insane and I am now on my APPE rotations.

A few of you asked me about APPEs, we have hubs in bay area, sacramento, reno/tahoe, north valley, san diego and we are now getting palm springs. The great thing about Northstate is we can exchange two sites to any outside area you want, such as Los Angeles, Texas, Florida (if the site is available or you set up your own sites). I was surprised to find out that other schools didn't offer this flexibility. Just found that out from a pharmacist at my APPE rotation because she was surprised at how our coordinator really tries to make sure we get the site we want. The pharmacist said usually they have to stay in one area and that was that. We have a few students from out-of-state who will be doing APPE rotations in their home state :)

Anyways, I'm blabbing, and may not come on here anymore, but best of luck to EVERYONE and if you want to see updates check out Northstate's official Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CNUCOP

I need an advice. I am on the wait list at CNSU. I don't know how much longer I have to wait for school to pick me... When should I submit the new application for 2014? Thanks

I need an advice. I am on the wait list at CNSU. I don't know how much longer I have to wait for school to pick me... When should I submit the new application for 2014? Thanks

I would get started now for reapplication. You didn't get into anywhere else? Did you only apply to Cali?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anybody have any reasons to still stay away from northstate? I remember a couple months ago everybody would tell me to stay away and dont waste your time applying there.. since its accredited now, is it safe? Will there still be a negative vibe given to those who graduates from there?

I would get started now for reapplication. You didn't get into anywhere else? Did you only apply to Cali?

Yes, I only applied few schools in Cali. I filled application already but I don't know if I should pay for the fee now. What if I get accepted to CNSU then it would be a waste of money... And if I wait too long, it is not good either :/
I don't know what is my chances of getting accepted

does anybody have any reasons to still stay away from northstate? I remember a couple months ago everybody would tell me to stay away and dont waste your time applying there.. since its accredited now, is it safe? Will there still be a negative vibe given to those who graduates from there?

In my opinion, I don't think there is a reason not to apply for Northstate since it is fully accredited. I had an interview there and I really like the staffs and their teaching method, Team Base Learning.

Yes, I only applied few schools in Cali. I filled application already but I don't know if I should pay for the fee now. What if I get accepted to CNSU then it would be a waste of money... And if I wait too long, it is not good either :/
I don't know what is my chances of getting accepted

Plan for the worst. What are your stats. If I were you I would take pcat and apply out of states. I had absolutely no shot at Cali schools but got into top programs out of state. Don't limit yourself to Cali. Cali isn't that great expensive living costs and tuition.

Plan for the worst. What are your stats. If I were you I would take pcat and apply out of states. I had absolutely no shot at Cali schools but got into top programs out of state. Don't limit yourself to Cali. Cali isn't that great expensive living costs and tuition.

Regular waitlisted. If I don't get in this year, I will apply to east coast schools. I didn't want to go to school so far away from my family that was the reason why I only applied to school CA only. Thanks for the advice I think I know what to do now :) what school are you going to?

wow, what's wrong with you youRCC? So much negativity. Did CNU rejected you multiple times?

LOL! If you look a page or two back, I posted my acceptance letter to this school trying to give other people hope on the 'regular' waitlist. BTW, I only applied to this school once. Should have stopped yourself before that last sentence...now you look like a fool.

I know right.... sheesh!!

LOOK. It's just an observation. There have been a handful of pharmacy schools that have gone out of existence due to mergers and such, so it's not unheard of.

California is booming with pharmacy schools. I would not have said what I've said if CNCP was 1 of 3 schools in CA. It's not...it's 1 of 8, and more are being planned to open up this decade. Many of the schools in CA that have a pharmacy program are either university backed, have many other offerings, or are branched off from another school elsewhere. Think about it...for example, if one company is only producing 1 or 2 types of good in the long-run, your sole survival is dependent on that demand. Now, if all these other companies have this diversified and glowing portfolio AND are offering a similar good as that aforementioned company, who are you going to put your bets on to make it out in the end? The demand to get into pharmacy school is not linear and will fluctuate, especially with more schools being planned to open up in CA.

I understand what you are saying but in your previous post you referred to a school in Hawaii!
Being that you said CNCP "didn't bite the dust" it appears that you were gunning for the school to fail. In other words Hawaii and California are two different states and to compare the two is quite ridiculous. I can see if it was the same bunch a people running the two schools, but that is not the case! Instead take a look at other schools that are on border-line probation, or schools that have been open for many years and yet their NAPLEX scores arent very impressive. Compare those schools to CNCP, the issue with the school In Hawaii happened back in what 2005!? We need to move on that school is dead! Dont be surprised if in due time CNCP will become a threat to other schools. Indeed you are entitled to your opinion but im just saying people swore up and down that accreditation wouldnt happened.... As a matter of fact there was an entire forum on the lack of obtaining it the first time around! We proved them wrong the first time and im sure we will have no trouble doing it again!!

Last edited:
I think it's time to more on and ignore the posts about CNCP sucks and biting the dust. Now, let's focus on how to be better students, gain national recognitions, work hard during APPEs, and precept students when you become a pharmacist. Those are some of the ways to move the school forward.

Is anyone still being offered a seat? I still haven't heard anything from the school, and I'm worried that all the seats may be full already. Not knowing where I stand on the waitlist is driving me crazy.

Also, are we required to send the transcripts to the school by August? The e-mail said we should but there's no direction on it.

I am little bit worry too. I already sent in my transcript. I started new application on Pharmcas, prepare for the worst scenario.
It sucks that we can't call or ask them anything about the status :(

When I applied last year, I was accepted from the wait-list around this time so don't lose all hope just yet! I'll be a P2 in Fall and welcome everyone who got accepted...congratulations!

If you're still waiting, think positively and don't give up...i was told i'll never make it but it turns out i did :)

Good luck!

YESSSSSS!!! i am so excited i got my acceptance email friday!! yay !!!! i have so many questions

is anyone having trouble getting the supplemental pdf to open? i updated adobe reader, but the supplemental is still not uploading.

I think on the bottom right corner, there would be an option for you to save the application. You save the application and then open the file.

I just got an interview invitation on Sep 27th. I m so excited, this is my first interview . Any advice from CNSU students:idea: for interview, or anybody else got interview at the same day. so happppy :D

I got one today too! But it overlaps with another interview I have lined up. I read a previous thread where someone advised checking the CNUCOP facebook page.

oh good job, what is the other school ?

finished my pharmcas app and supplemental material. My app should reach northstate next monday. How soon could I expect to hear from them if they decide to interview me?

sci gpa: 2.86
cum gpa: 2.98
I would say I have decent to good LOR and volunteer work. I also have a pharm tech license.

Has anyone gotten in with similar stats?

finished my pharmcas app and supplemental material. My app should reach northstate next monday. How soon could I expect to hear from them if they decide to interview me?

sci gpa: 2.86
cum gpa: 2.98
I would say I have decent to good LOR and volunteer work. I also have a pharm tech license.

Has anyone gotten in with similar stats?
With similar stats, I received an interview invitation about 10 days later. I submitted my complete app and supplemental on August 26th. If they still have interview slots, you should be interviewing late this month, if not, I was told their next interview date is in early October (odd, but that's what they told me).

Hello, for the class of 2018 there is a thread started you! it is California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) C/O 2018. so that you wont miss any pertinent information or discussions resume at the appropriate thread....good luck and congrats!!

I'm looking for a little advice...I kinda started the application process late and only got my pharmcas in about a month ago, and have only done some of my supplements. I just got invited to an interview at cal northstate, but I haven't done the supplement. How is this even possible? Should I email them back and let them know? Just do the supplement before my interview (Nov 12)? Super weird. I only live like an hour away so it wouldn't be a huge burden to go. But the invitation has my name on it and everything. Does just everyone get an interview?

I'm looking for a little advice...I kinda started the application process late and only got my pharmcas in about a month ago, and have only done some of my supplements. I just got invited to an interview at cal northstate, but I haven't done the supplement. How is this even possible? Should I email them back and let them know? Just do the supplement before my interview (Nov 12)? Super weird. I only live like an hour away so it wouldn't be a huge burden to go. But the invitation has my name on it and everything. Does just everyone get an interview?
For what I've read on their site, you can finish the supplemental app before the interview. They usually send invitation to potential candidates to finish supplemental app.
When did your app get verified?

I didn't get an invitation until I complete the supplemental application. It had been 2 years ago, I think they probably changed the application process. Probably they saw your stats and think you are a potential candidate, so u can submit application later. good luck on your interview!!