California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) C/O 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if you dont mind sharing.. what are your stats? did you apply early?
I Dont mind at all!
I applied very late 1/13 and got the interview invitation on 1/14
I did undergrad at UCLA BS in biochemistry
Overall GPA : 3.72
Science GPA : 3.70(?)(can't remember correctly but it was around 3.70)
Interview : 2/28
Accepted : 3/13

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I Dont mind at all!
I applied very late 1/13 and got the interview invitation on 1/14
I did undergrad at UCLA BS in biochemistry
Overall GPA : 3.72
Science GPA : 3.70(?)(can't remember correctly but it was around 3.70)
Interview : 2/28
Accepted : 3/13
I have similar stats to reddie's, and I got interview invitation the next day after I sent my secondary application, though my interview was on Nov 9, and I got in

I have similar stats to reddie's, and I got interview invitation the next day after I sent my secondary application, though my interview was on Nov 9, and I got in
did you accept?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard back from them either. I keep checking my email every 15 mins

Did anyone else from 2/28 interview date hear anything from the school yet?

I got accepted to other schools and I decided to reject their offer. Good Luck everyone!!

I'm from the 2/28 interview and still haven't heard anything as well. If I don't hear anything within the next two weeks, I'll be making plans to move to SoCal.

I was also from the 2/28 interview and haven't heard anything either. However, my friend from the 2/28 interview was accepted a week after. From what I recall, everyone will receive notification by the 28th.

I was also from the 2/28 interview and haven't heard anything either. However, my friend from the 2/28 interview was accepted a week after. From what I recall, everyone will receive notification by the 28th.

does that mean accepted students are the ones to hear from the school first?

How do interview scheduling work for this school? Do they interview everyday? I'm going to submit the supplemental soon.

I just got the acceptance call from Jason today. So I'm guessing they're still calling those who got accepted from the 2/28 interview. Don't lose hope yet :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How do interview scheduling work for this school? Do they interview everyday? I'm going to submit the supplemental soon.

I thought the last interview was March 28th but I heard they interview through May. It's probably once a month. I'd submit it ASAP since seats are filling up.

If any of you guys accepted here decided not to attend the school, could you please post it here so I can have some rough idea about the waitlist?? Thanks
I already gave up my spot. I hope this is a good news for somebody. Good luck! :)

Can anybody help me find the forms for Hippa,bloodborne,medicare,etc for the immunization tracker?

Can anybody help me find the forms for Hippa,bloodborne,medicare,etc for the immunization tracker?
Are those required? I thought we're responsible for just the ones listed on the immunization requirement pdf uploaded on ASAP.

The HIPPA and bloodborne requirements will be fulfilled by modules during the school year.

Hi guys, I applied pretty late in the cycle. I uploaded my supplemental onto website and paid for it on April 2nd. I still have yet to receive an interview invitation. It hasn't been a week but I'm worry Northstate hasn't received my application yet. Should I email the admission to find out the status of my application? Will this jeopardize my application? Thanks!

I applied pretty late in the cycle too but I got an interview invite the next day. I believe I submitted my supplemental application on February 6 and got the interview invite on the 7th. They were the quickest out of all the schools that I applied to.

I think since its so late in the cycle they're being more picky as to who they give interviews to. Submitting a supplemental for Northstate doesn't guarantee you an interview.I think the next interview day is April 28th (or maybe the 25th).

Thanks you all that replied above.

hyou, I did get an email "receipt" for my supplemental payment. So does this mean Northstate has received my supplemental and possibly reviewing it at the moment?

I applied pretty late in the cycle too but I got an interview invite the next day. I believe I submitted my supplemental application on February 6 and got the interview invite on the 7th. They were the quickest out of all the schools that I applied to.

That's a quick invite. May I ask about your stats?
My pharmcas overall is 3.35 and science is 3.25. I have a BS .
My experience with pharmacy is through volunteering at free-clinics.
I'm from soCal and really want to stay in CA for pharm schools. Touro and Northstate are the only two schools I applied to in CA. I'm currently on the waitlist for Touro.

I submitted my supp in January and received an invite a week and a half later. They are probably getting high volumes of apps coming in now since the deadline is coming up and most schools are done interviewing. It seems they only interview the last Friday of every month.

As long as you received a receipt, you should be fine. When I interviewed in February, we were told that more than half the class was already full and that it was "slim pickings" for the remaining interview dates.

That's a quick invite. May I ask about your stats?
My pharmcas overall is 3.35 and science is 3.25. I have a BS .
My experience with pharmacy is through volunteering at free-clinics.
I'm from soCal and really want to stay in CA for pharm schools. Touro and Northstate are the only two schools I applied to in CA. I'm currently on the waitlist for Touro.

My GPA is similar to yours. I'm finishing up my last semester at the moment. I volunteer at a local hospital as well as volunteer as a pharmacy technician at an independent pharmacy. I helped found a fraternity and held leadership positions within it as well as other other health clubs. I've done countless community service events and I'm doing biochemistry research. I think that's about it.

end of April you can start according to the financial office.

For those who did the background check, how long did it take? I sent my application for the background check on March 27th and it's still in process. I have a squeaky clean background too.

For those who did the background check, how long did it take? I sent my application for the background check on March 27th and it's still in process. I have a squeaky clean background too.

It took a little over a week for me. The length of time it takes also depends if you have had multiple addresses in different counties.

It took a little over a week for me. The length of time it takes also depends if you have had multiple addresses in different counties.

Yea I listed 6 different addresses...debating if I should go ahead and start with the immunization tracker, loan application, and send in my transcripts while I wait for the background check to go through.

Any future P1 students, who is for sure attending, look into potential housing yet? I saw the housing links the school provided and am looking for 2-3 other male roommates to split a possible 2bed/2bath apartment with. I'm hoping to pay no more than 500 bucks/month including utilities. So yeah... PM if interested.

Interviewed 3/28, just got acceptance email today 4/17. No phone call though.

I really hope the school pulls applicants from the waitlist now. I'm getting worried.

Stay positive because you really never know! People withdraw all the time throughout the cycle. I am currently on the wait list for another school. If I get off that wait list, I will be withdrawing from Northstate.

Do you have a backup school?

For those accepted and are attending, which private loans are you going with? I just got approved for sallie mae's smart option student loan with a high fixed interest rate of 8.375% (paying interest while in school) when I have a credit score of 800+ with little to no income and my cosigner has a credit score of 720+ with income. I'm just wondering if I should look into one of the other options.

That's steep! so I guess there's no chance they'll have federal loans by fall 2014? I haven't applies for loans yet, but I'll post something when I find out.

For those accepted and are attending, which private loans are you going with? I just got approved for sallie mae's smart option student loan with a high fixed interest rate of 8.375% (paying interest while in school) when I have a credit score of 800+ with little to no income and my cosigner has a credit score of 720+ with income. I'm just wondering if I should look into one of the other options.
Holy crap that's a high interest rate ; ___ ;

Just got the email today about their application for federal student aid being under review. Still wouldn't know if we would get it by fall. Yea I haven't accepted the sallie mae loan and probably won't. I'm looking for other options.

Did you guys try the other options? I'm having a hard time with signing up for EdSouth and iHelper. For some reason, they can't identify me so I can't esign. But a current student said these options might provide a lower rate.

Quick question. If the fee is paid, that means my supplemental application is sent right? The website is very glitchy for me and sometimes I can't tell if I even uploaded my supplemental file.

Last edited:
upload supplemental then pay the fee...if I remember correctly. You should get an email confirmation.

Did you guys try the other options? I'm having a hard time with signing up for EdSouth and iHelper. For some reason, they can't identify me so I can't esign. But a current student said these options might provide a lower rate.

It is a lower rate but they're variable rates with those. With my high fixed rate offer from Sallie Mae, I decided to look into Edsouth. They couldn't identify me as well so I had to print and mail in my application.

Sheyeness I’m in the same situation as you, I applied for Sallie Mae loan, got approved for 8.37% with paying interest while in school for a loan of about $57000 with no co-signer (couldn’t find one). At first I was so happy! But now that I think more about it, I’m having second thoughts about accepting the loan. I think we have 30 days to decide. And the school has been “Under Review” for federal loans for a while now.

Look into variable loans with Sallie Mae and Edsouth like I am considering now. Just hoping federal loans are available next year...

How long does it take for them to respond after I say yes to the interview? I just realized that they gave me the wrong due date to respond to the invitation

Look into variable loans with Sallie Mae and Edsouth like I am considering now. Just hoping federal loans are available next year...

you guys mind telling me why federal loans are not available now ??