California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) C/O 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes of course. It's like getting a car loan, you're allowed to shop around and negotiate. I'm going to just walk into a few local banks and see what they can do for me. I'm just hoping I don't sign up for one and then they get approved for federal loans.

Members don't see this ad.

I hesistate to take a variable loan, Edsouth can go upto 18%!! Do you know if we have the choice of applying to all three then choosing the one that works best?

18% ??????? that is freaking KA-R-A-Z-A-Y !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wtf::diebanana::boom::beat::poke::barf::barf:

why go to this school ?? you guys really do not have any other choice ?? how about reapply next year to different schools which have lower tuition and/or federal loan eligibility/availability ?? we have tons of new schools opening up every year. If a school is not eligible for federal loans, that is a big red flag to me. Something is really wrong here :thinking: :thinking:

Reactions: 1 users
No way on the 18%, definitely a worst case scenario. Might as well get a loan from the mob if that's the case, probably easier to deal with than the banks anyway ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the reason they don't have federal student loans is because they just got accredited. Under federal law, student aid may only be used by students at an “eligible institution.” Their accreditation should put them in that category now. I don't think there's a reason for the school to be denied, its just a matter of going through the bureaucracy.

I think the reason they don't have federal student loans is because they just got accredited. Under federal law, student aid may only be used by students at an “eligible institution.” Their accreditation should put them in that category now. I don't think there's a reason for the school to be denied, its just a matter of going through the bureaucracy.

you mean ACPE accreditation ??

If you meant so, that is not true that they are not eligible for federal aids/loans because of ACPE accreditation. Many new schools (e.g. ACPE Candidate status) are eligible for federal aids/loans.

Gotta be some other reasons....

I don't know if anyone checks on this forum here, but seems like the school got really limited finance option for tuition. It looks like I can't even file for deferment on my previous federal loans.. Does that mean I still have to pay my student loan back while I'm in school? Bummer. And the school expects us to pay $5k out of pocket for the seat commitment fee? I only have a month to secure my loan to get a waiver on the seat commitment fee. I hope everything goes alright for me.

did you apply and get in anywhere else ?? It seems like this school is the only choice you have got, but I hope you got some other choices. Again, from this thread I have learned that students of this school are not qualified for federal student aids / loans and also not for deferment their old federal student loans. That tells me that something is currently wrong with this school's PharmD program. Hope someone could shed a light here.

What's up my sexy people.

I'm from the 3/28 interview group. Jason called me on 5/12 and the invite email came one hour later.

I have a question about credit reporting. I understand that there are three major agencies, Trans Union, Equifax, and Experian. So do we only need a credit report from only one of them to get a loan?

Hey everyone. Just wanted to know if anyone from the May interview group got a phone call or email about their acceptance.

Hey everyone I just got an email saying I'm waitlisted for Northstate. Am I supposed to respond to the email saying I want to be on the waitlist, or does it mean I'm automatically on the waitlist?

Nevermind got my answer. Just gotta wait

Yo what's up my awesome people.

Do you guys happen to know where I can find information on fulfilling the CPR certification for the immunization process? Thanks homie.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just accepted and I was on the wait list!

I just wanted to let everyone know so that those still on the wait list don't lose hope.

P.S. About a month ago I emailed Gail regarding my status and she told me I had a good chance of getting pulled from the list, so I suggest that you guys contact her if you haven't already.

Last edited:
I also got a call saying I got accepted! I never got the email but is it true that the deposit is $1500 and then you pay another $5000 to hold a seat? If that's true.... is some of that at least refundable?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You can't get federal loans because the school doesn't have regional accreditation (WASC). It has nothing to do with the ACPE accreditation.

This means you can only get private loans and therefore, these loans do not qualify for IBR/PAYE.

What is the term of the loan? Must pay over a 10 year period? Student loans by law are not dischargeable. You can't get out of it.

Has anybody here calculated how much it would cost them to attend this school including the compounding interest?

Anyone know if they will give extensions for the due date for the deposit?

Last edited:
You can't get federal loans because the school doesn't have regional accreditation (WASC). It has nothing to do with the ACPE accreditation.

This means you can only get private loans and therefore, these loans do not qualify for IBR/PAYE.

What is the term of the loan? Must pay over a 10 year period? Student loans by law are not dischargeable. You can't get out of it.

Has anybody here calculated how much it would cost them to attend this school including the compounding interest?
Too damn much.

Too damn much.

from the posts here, I learn that at this school, students canNOT:

-obtain fed student loans or defer previous student loans while going to this school or be qualified for IBR/PAYE

-$1,500 deposit + another $5,000 deposit

-high tuition: COA ~ 76K; tuition alone ~44K http://pharmacy.cnsu.edu/prospective-students/tuition-fees

I am scratching my head seeing here people get all excited to go to this school....

I am really interested to see the stats from this school's admitted students. No offense, but I guess the stats must be very low in term of GPA. (This is a Cali school so prob they do not use PCAT). Either that or people are too crazy wanting to pay all that money to go to this school with loans of ka-cra-zay interests like 18% :barf::barf:

If they can't defer their loans while they are in school then their loans will go in default and their credit score will be destroyed. Can't buy a house with a bad credit score.

Posted using SDN Mobile

I've been reading through this and can't believe anyone would go to this school.

Guys, pharmacy school is not worth destroying your credit score over. Please reconsider what you are doing.

Question. How do you make sure you completed immunizations or know which immunizations you need?

Oh and for those who are planning on attending this school, don’t be discouraged by the stupid comments above. I know people who graduated from this school and now have full time jobs making good money too!

Yes, putting your head in the sand is an effective way to get rid of a problem. Why don't you tell us how you are planning to pay off your 373 k in private student loan debt on a pharmacist salary? You can't get on PAYE or IBR because you can't get federal student loans!

If your interest rate is 7%, you will be paying 26 k a year in interest (373 k x 0.07)!

See my calculation here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...rsity-the-most-expensive-school-ever.1081091/

Last edited:
Oh and for those who are planning on attending this school, don’t be discouraged by the stupid comments above. I know people who graduated from this school and now have full time jobs making good money too!
I wouldn't call them stupid comments. Rather just common sense.

I am having interview on nov 21 2014. Anyone???