California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) C/O 2019 (Entering Fall 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow candidates, here is the appropriate thread for the class of 2019 application cycle!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi! Is anyone else interviewing on October 3rd?

I am! :D I still need to look up how their interview process is so I'm mentally prepared

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an invite for Oct 3rd! Really nervous

me too! especially for the team based learning part because I'm not sure how that will work.

got an invite for Oct 3rd also.So excited yet Super nervous. any idea about the essay topics? also is anyone flying out from socal?

Did you guys receive an email regarding the exercise for the team base learning ? It said in the email That they will send us information on September 26th but I didn't get anything today.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

got invited for an interview on the 10/24, any advice from the 10/3 interviewees? thanks!

FYI: you can't get federal loans for this school. All loans are private so you can't do income based repayment (IBR) or PAYE. Financial disaster.

Reactions: 1 users
FYI: you can't get federal loans for this school. All loans are private so you can't do income based repayment (IBR) or PAYE. Financial disaster.
meaning that if u can't land a job after graduating it will be a financial disaster since the monthly payments on ur loans are set from the start? please more details BMB thanks!

Hi guys,
I just got an invitation for interview from Northstate on october 24, I am wondering if you guys can give me some information about their questions and essay topics? Thanks

^ it means even if you are able to find a job after graduation, you are still screwed. There is no way for you to pay that much money back on a pharmacist salary. These are private loans and therefore, you can't get on IBR or PAYE. There is no backup plan. There is no grace period. If you ever fall behind, your credit score is tanked and you can't never buy a house.

Calculate how much you would make as a pharmacist (after taxes) then calculate how much you would need to borrow and how much you would need to pay per month for 10 years. You would then realize you are screwed and you can't afford to pay it off even if you are a successful pharmacist. This school is a for profit school. They only care about making money even if it is at the expense of your future. You are no longer a kid. Decisions have consequences. It is financial suicide if you go to this school...just do the math.

OMG. just got a call from Jason!! got accepted to northstate! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an invite for Oct 24 as well. I might have to ask for a reschedule.. I have an anatomy practicum that day that could not be rescheduled as far as I know so I'll see. Congrats on getting in EXZPCS!

Reactions: 1 user
can you tell me which questions they asked on the interview and the essay topic? thank you.
It was a long day and I heard they have new interview system this year so they are still trying it out. The interview itself is pretty chill so don't be nervous. They asked quite a bit of questions and be sure to practice some situational questions.

Did you guys receive the email from Jason regarding the acceptance, he said they will send it Thursday but I don't have anything yet!!

Did you guys receive the email from Jason regarding the acceptance, he said they will send it Thursday but I don't have anything yet!!
Me neither. Although I did receive a request for a background check saying I was conditionally accepted to a school.

Me neither. Although I did receive a request for a background check saying I was conditionally accepted to a school.
They just sent the acceptance email

Last edited:
has anyone from 10/24 interview heard anything back from jason...? anxiously waiting!

Congrat! Have anyone else received the call?.... I haven't received anything yet... still anxiously waiting. Monkey24, what time did you receive his call? Did you know if he still have more call to make?

Got a call on the 11/4 at around 4 from Jason. Accepted =)

Sigh.... This is depressing to me. Still nothing.

Just a heads up, some wait list notifications came out today.

Congrat! Have anyone else received the call?.... I haven't received anything yet... still anxiously waiting. Monkey24, what time did you receive his call? Did you know if he still have more call to make?

around 4pm. and im not too sure if hes making more calls or not.. hope you hear from him too!

Got an invite for Friday 11/21 but will be rescheduling due to a prior obligation. Anyone else get an invite?

Got an invite for Friday 11/21 but will be rescheduling due to a prior obligation. Anyone else get an invite?
Hey mine is on nov 21 too. Wanna see u there. Have you seen the team based learning topic? Its very interesting

Hey mine is on nov 21 too. Wanna see u there. Have you seen the team based learning topic? Its very interesting

I also have my interview 11/21 =D just got an email about the TBL topic! So excited yet so nervous. Do you mind me asking your topic?

I am now interviewing on 12/19. Let me know how the interview goes! Best of luck.

Reactions: 2 users
I also have my interview 11/21 =D just got an email about the TBL topic! So excited yet so nervous. Do you mind me asking your topic?
Same day interview should have same topic i believe

Nice to see you on the interview day. Im nervous too especially with the TBL session and essay. Lol

Nice to see you on the interview day. Im nervous too especially with the TBL session and essay. Lol

I thought they were gonna break us up on teams and assign each one a topic...
Yay! Can't wait to meet everyone that day :D

I thought they were gonna break us up on teams and assign each one a topic...
Yay! Can't wait to meet everyone that day :D
You mean each team has 1 one topic? No i think we gonna have the same topic thou

Does anyone know the format of the interview? In the sample schedule that was emailed for the TBL activity for 11/21 it said there would be "Individual Interview Activities" then rotation to either "Interview, Tour, Q&A." So essentially we are interviewing two times?

Does anyone know the format of the interview? In the sample schedule that was emailed for the TBL activity for 11/21 it said there would be "Individual Interview Activities" then rotation to either "Interview, Tour, Q&A." So essentially we are interviewing two times?
No, i think they will split us up into 2 group. While the first group has interview, the second group will do campus tour, then the next round is TBL and lastly group 1 has campus tour while group 2 do interview

No, i think they will split us up into 2 group. While the first group has interview, the second group will do campus tour, then the next round is TBL and lastly group 1 has campus tour while group 2 do interview
Thank you! Would you happen to know if the interview format is panel (3 people) per each individual or does each group interview with a panel in a group interview?

Panel. You will be interviewed individually by a student and a professor.

Are u guys ready? Lets get together tmr

anyone from socal that has been accepted and going to northstate for sure?

anyone from socal that has been accepted and going to northstate for sure?
I got interview on 11/21. Havent received any call yet. I think Jason said it takes 3 weeks after interview for result

I submitted my application yesterday and received an invitation today for 12/19, however, I had to reschedule for 01/30 :( Did anyone else get an interview invitation that fast?! And will anyone be at that interview?

Are people still going to attend this school even when they aren't allowed federal loans? I have an interview but I've rescheduled it twice now because of lab practicals and I'm wondering if I should even go now. The loan thing has always deterred me :/

Are people still going to attend this school even when they aren't allowed federal loans? I have an interview but I've rescheduled it twice now because of lab practicals and I'm wondering if I should even go now. The loan thing has always deterred me :/
I am really worried about that as well! I already took out 20K in loans and I'm from Florida! So out of state tuition is gonna be ridiculous!

This school is working on their application for federal loans. They are waiting for the result and during this time they only offer private loans. Hope they get approved soon

Yeah, it deterred me too, I declined their interview. I am a CA resident but since it is so expensive and unranked, I found a better deal elsewhere with other top 10 ranked public/state schools. Private loans are a no-go for me, totally understand your dilemma.