California QME

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted185747

I took the QME exam in April with about 300 other people (DC, psychologists, acupuncturists, MDs) and just found out I passed along with 45 other people in the southern California testing center. So be aware that there is a low pass rate.

I have been approached by several companies who offered to supply me with locations and staff, billing and collections, mentorship, review of records and report review for 40% of collections. I'm leaning towards using one of these companies because I would like to have my reports checked in the beginning as well as help filling out the correct forms. The additional locations would mean additional business because the 3 person QME panel is randomly generated by QMEs near the injured worker and each side strikes one QME until one is left who gets to be the QME for the case.

My question is if anyone uses one of these managing companies and which one(s) are better.

Why do QME? I'm in Southern California, going to open my own pain practice soon and want some additional income. I'm 4 years out of fellowship.

Members don't see this ad.

It looks like there is only one Pain QME physician within 20 miles of my CA practice. Perhaps I should look into this as well. What did you use to prepare for the exam?

PM if you'd like, for some tips on practice set-up, QME, etc.