California Schools?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shazzamo5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to start a new thread about the California schools. Here is my up to date info.

-Sent in application in November

Applied to: Azusa, CSU Sacramento, CSU Fresno, CSU Northridge, UOP, Samuel Merritt, Western, Chapman,

Interviews: Azusa, CSU Fresno, UOP, Samuel Merritt,

Acceptances: Samuel Merritt

Waitlisted: Azusa

Waiting patiently for a response from UOP and Fresno. The waiting game stinks. Share any info on your experiences applying to California schools. anyone accepted yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, the threads on Cali schools are pretty slim. Good thinking on the post.

I applied to two Cali schools: Samuel Merritt and Univ. Pacific.

Accepted to Samuel Merritt and rejected by Pacific

Congrats on your acceptance Shazzom!

Members don't see this ad :)
did you guys send in deposits to samuel merritt?

-I sent my deposit to SMU.

-And I applied for Feb 2010 term at Azusa but got waitlisted and didn't get in. But I did roll my application over for the Feb 2011 class.

Clunkers -

sent my deposit in too :)

Did you apply to SMU?

Applied to: USC, Chapman, Western, MSMC, LLU, CSUN, CSUS, CSULB

Acceptances: USC, Chapman, MSMC

Rejections: None yet

Interviews: LLU (declined)

I sent my deposit to MSMC because their deadline was so early and it was my first acceptance, but am still not sure about that. I had to decline my interview and withdraw my application from LLU because I do not have a class that they require as a pre-req (the professor that normally teaches it at my school is on sabbatical). Still waiting on Western and the Cal State schools...

Applied to: Chapman, Western, MSMC, CSUN, CSUFresno, CSULB

Acceptances: Chapman, MSMC

Interviews: CSUFresno, Western

Waiting on Northridge/ Long Beach...Fresno said they'd let people who interviewed by the end of next week.

Don't forget the newest California school! University of St. Augustine (main campus is in Florida) -- San Diego Campus. It's awesome!

Applied: UOP, Chapman, Samuel Merritt, MSMC, CSU Fresno, CSU Long Beach

Interviews: UOP, Samuel Merritt, CSU Fresno

Acceptances: Samuel Merritt, MSMC

Waiting on: UOP and CSU Fresno (don't really care about Long Beach or Chapman at this point)

Has anyone heard from UOP or Fresno State yet???:confused:

Is anyone interviewing at Western next week (2/24)? Or has anyone already interviewed and can explain what the process is like?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone interviewing at Western next week (2/24)? Or has anyone already interviewed and can explain what the process is like?

I'll be there next week!!

Hi guys :)

I just want to know that is there anyone who took or will take the interview at CSUN?

Cause I thought that I am rejected from CSUN but I got email that my
application is in progress now :)

I am out of the contury right now:scared: so if they require me to take
the interview, lol what do I DO !!!

Please let me know guys :)

I don't think there is an interview process at CSUN?

I interviewed on Feb the 6th for CSU Fresno, now just waiting to hear back. Still no word for CSUN either.

Yep, no interviews at CSUN. They rank you according to grades and test scores.

On a side note, UOP just called me today and offered me acceptance!!! :DAnyone else going there in the Fall??

Congrats!!

I am still waiting to hear from UOP... do you know the approx. time you got the call today? They're my number one choice, so I'm a bit nervous (and hoping I still have a chance of getting a call tomorrow)! :xf:

They called me around 5pm. The person who called was the professor who interviewed me. Maybe they'll call by tomorrow?

Denied....got the letter from csuf today. now im thinking my chances are not very good for csun either. Definitely will give it another go later this year. Good luck everyone.

CalliDude99-

Denied....got the letter from csuf today. now im thinking my chances are not very good for csun either. Definitely will give it another go later this year. Good luck everyone.

Are you talking about Fresno? Did you get an email or letter?

Thanks

CalliDude99-

Are you talking about Fresno? Did you get an email or letter?

Thanks
yup fresno, and yup letter.

UPDATE

Applied to: Chapman, Western, MSMC, CSUN, CSUFresno, CSULB

Acceptances: Chapman, MSMC, CSU - FRESNO

Interviews: CSUFresno, Western (Probably will decline)

Just got my acceptance to Fresno in the mail. Hopefully all that applied also got in. Good luck!

I sent my deposit to Chapman but I still have to visit the campus. Perhaps this Spring Break? :)

have you been accepted already? i'm still waiting, i don't think i should be waiting anymore haha

I'm on the waitlist for Fresno State. Anyone else on the waitlist? I'm still waiting to hear back from UOP. Hopefully they call soon. :)

I sent my deposit to Chapman but I still have to visit the campus. Perhaps this Spring Break? :)
Are you also contemplating a long trek to Orange County?

I was accepted to Chapman as well, but after all the visits/deposits for the other schools I got in to, it's gonna be quite expensive to make a trip out there, and possibly put down the HUGE deposit they ask ($750?!).

Feel like taking a lot of pictures when you visit? lol

UPDATE!

Got my letters of acceptance from USC and Fresno State today.

FOR THOSE ON WAITLISTS :) I'm probably going to decline Samuel Merritt, MSMC, and maybe Fresno State. Hopefully that helps someone else here out!

Now I need some advice... USC or UOP?!?! I'm torn between them. Pros and cons???

I have worked with a 1st year student from UOP, and a PT that also works closely with their students in the area of Stockton. I have also worked with students and PT that have graduated from the USC program. All were excellently trained and exceptional. I believe it comes down to money, location, and time. Both schools have a strong foundation in the field. If at all possible, visit both locations and meet with professors and talk with students. This will give you the insight to choose. However, one side note, the class size and teacher ratio is something to be considered. But, as with anything, you get out what you put in. Good Luck!

UPDATE!

Got my letters of acceptance from USC and Fresno State today.

FOR THOSE ON WAITLISTS :) I'm probably going to decline Samuel Merritt, MSMC, and maybe Fresno State. Hopefully that helps someone else here out!

Now I need some advice... USC or UOP?!?! I'm torn between them. Pros and cons???

You got your acceptance today? I got a letter from them back at the end of December... I don't think I was early admission either. ...weird.

I still haven't heard from UOP though :(. Do you think their done calling people? Has anyone else heard from UOP?

It looks like I will be headed to USC. It was the only acceptance I have received.

Same for me. I only applied to one other school, MSMC. Where else did you apply or want to go?

Same for me. I only applied to one other school, MSMC. Where else did you apply or want to go?

CSUN, Chapman, Western and USC

I was kind of limited for schools since I have no inpatient hours. I was hoping to get PT done on the cheap. I guess loans are the way I have to go.

You got your acceptance today? I got a letter from them back at the end of December... I don't think I was early admission either. ...weird.

I still haven't heard from UOP though :(. Do you think their done calling people? Has anyone else heard from UOP?

My friend got a call from them on thursday last week...she got in. I'm still waiting for their call too. Hopefully today??

Update!

Applied to: Azusa, CSU Sacramento, CSU Fresno, CSU Northridge, UOP, Samuel Merritt, Western, Chapman,

Interviews: Azusa, CSU Fresno, UOP, Samuel Merritt,

Acceptances: Samuel Merritt

Waitlisted: CSU Fresno (#4 :xf:), UOP :mad::mad:

Got notification about Fresno Saturday in the mail. Got word from UOP in the mail today.

Just sitting here scratching my head wondering what to do next.....

Waitlisted for UOP... =(

DPT415:
The pros for USC are that once you are a Trojan, you're always a Trojan. You will probably never have to worry about getting a job, due to the immense networking at that school. Also, US Newsweek rates USC number 1 in the nation for DPT.

The pros for UOP: It is a 2-year program.

The similarities: Both are in ghetto areas. Both have a lot of clinical experience, and a lot of variety for those experiences.

The differences: USC is a research-based school, while UOP is more clinical.

--I wish I could say that USC is my top choice, because I want it to be. (There program looks so cool! Chec out their video on the USC DPT website) Unfortunately, my fiancee has gotten into a nor-cal Pharmacy school, and has an interview at UOP... but no so-cal ones...

Also on waiting list at UOP :thumbdown: Who's been accepted and plans on going or turning it down?

Has anybody heard from CSUS or CSUN?

Also on waiting list at UOP :thumbdown: Who's been accepted and plans on going or turning it down?

Seriously!!! If I get into UOP, someone gets my spot at USC!!

CSUN said they will start letting people know mid March

Are you also contemplating a long trek to Orange County?

I was accepted to Chapman as well, but after all the visits/deposits for the other schools I got in to, it's gonna be quite expensive to make a trip out there, and possibly put down the HUGE deposit they ask ($750?!).

Feel like taking a lot of pictures when you visit? lol

Haha, I'll definitely try to take pics, ask questions, and find a way to get them posted. :p The bad thing is that our Spring Breaks run very similar to each other so I'll have to catch the DPT program before its break. It's not too bad of a trek for me since I'm in CA anyhow, but I agree with you that the deposit is huge. :( I got accepted by priority admission so I had to send it in really quickly before hearing back from another school. I'll see how things end up. :)

Accepted: UOP, Western, St. Augustine
Waitlisted: Loma Linda
Yet to hear: Chapman

I can't decide whether to go to UOP or Western. I live in Riverside so Western is in my vicinity, but UOP was such a nice campus and i guess more prestigous school. also, they have a 99% first time pass rate on the boards but it would cost $150k for the 2 years. i would save about $30-40k by going to Western. im so torn... any advice???:(

Accepted: UOP, Western, St. Augustine
Waitlisted: Loma Linda
Yet to hear: Chapman

I can't decide whether to go to UOP or Western. I live in Riverside so Western is in my vicinity, but UOP was such a nice campus and i guess more prestigous school. also, they have a 99% first time pass rate on the boards but it would cost $150k for the 2 years. i would save about $30-40k by going to Western. im so torn... any advice???:(

Have you visited both school? That said, I think that doing a DPT in 2 years would be crazy. You say that you live in Riverside. Are you living with your parents? How far is Western from you?

Have you visited both school? That said, I think that doing a DPT in 2 years would be crazy. You say that you live in Riverside. Are you living with your parents? How far is Western from you?

I have visited both and UOP is really nice and has the feel of an east coast campus with their brick buildings. I live about an hour away from western with traffic so I'm not sure if I would stay at home or try to get a place within 15 mins of
campus

I have visited both and UOP is really nice and has the feel of an east coast campus with their brick buildings. I live about an hour away from western with traffic so I'm not sure if I would stay at home or try to get a place within 15 mins of
campus

I was just thinking that if you are going to be living with your parents then you will probably save your self some living expenses and some piece of mind. If you are out on your own, then go where you see yourself. Where did you feel more at home? Which group of faculty did you connect with best? Know any alumni from those programs? Ask them if they had to do it all over again if they would make the same choice.

CSUS has just sent out their invitation for interviews beginning March 13th to March 20th. Good Luck!

Any words of advice from people who interviewed at Sac State last year?? Anything would be helpful!! Thank you!!

University of the Pacific vs. Western University. Which one should I choose?!

I'm torn between UOP and Western. UOP is $150k and since i live in riverside i would save about $30k-40k by going to Western. however, UOP is 2 years and has a 99% first time pass rate on the boards. also, would trying to complete a DPT program in 2 years too crazy? any advice?? Thanks!!:)