California State Board Exam- Study material?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

princesspopcorn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all I wonder if someone could help me with this. I am thinking of getting licensed in CA, just recently passed the NALVE and wondering how difficult is the CSB exam and if there is any study/practice material out there similar to VetPrep, Zuku, Princeton Review or Kaplan that I can use to study for the CSB? The reference list they provided on the Board website is so long I am not close to any library that's well-stocked so will prob. go broke getting those books before I can register for the CSB!
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi princesspopcorn!
I am in your position right now, about to take the CSB - did you ever take/pass the CSB?
Thank you for any info you can provide!
Dogtordn

Members don't see this ad :)
Just bumping this thread up. Can anyone contribute? I'd like to take the CSB too.

I've heard that it's one of the more difficult state exams to pass.

It seems that the "gumshoevet" link is out for good; it wasn't good in February, still nothing there.
Is there really no one out there with some helpful info???

The California Board Exam is similar to the NAVLE in many respects, but it is only two hours long. Study for it like the NAVLE. (Ideally, take it about the same time you take the NAVLE so you don't have to study twice.)

When you sign up to take the state board exam, they will send you a packet of information. This includes the state veterinary practice laws. One of the practice laws lists diseases/public health threats that Californian vets should specifically know about. Things like salmon poisoning are listed, and bunches of other stuff I don't remember offhand. Learn these.

Also do the open-book law exam before you take the computer-based test. Some of the law stuff is covered on the computer-based test in very general form.

Hope that helps! I didn't find the test too scary.

[sorry for the angry face at the top of my post, don't know how it got there]

Just wondering if anyone has any other info or old test packages for the California State Exam??? I'll be flying in from Canada to write it, so I want to be fully prepared.

Wrote my NAVLE 8 months ago, will restudy some of that, as well as go over all the disease in the Law examination....

Any other advice, tips and old tests would be amazing!!

You can PM on here

Thanks in advance!

Hello
looking for study partners for Cal State Boards, anyone out there taking in this window I mean in Aug-Oct
thanks please e-mail me at [email protected]
I live in San Diego, CA

Hi Charm,

I'm taking the CSB in mid October, any luck finding study material? Thanks.

Greetings all members

I am a South African veterinary graduate and I am currently practicing as a State Veterinarian.

I will most probably be relocating to California in the near future and I would appreciate any information on the requirements I have to comply with in order to practice veterinary medicine in the state of California.

Thank you in advance.

Hi
Did you get ur satate license??? I am also preparing for it...

Greetings all members

I am a South African veterinary graduate and I am currently practicing as a State Veterinarian.

I will most probably be relocating to California in the near future and I would appreciate any information on the requirements I have to comply with in order to practice veterinary medicine in the state of California.

Thank you in advance.

Any one taking CA vet board exams in coming months? I am looking for study partner.

Thanks !

Hi-I'm taking for the California veterinary state board in a few weeks, does anyone have any study material for it?? I would really really appreciate it. Please email me at [email protected]

Hi all I wonder if someone could help me with this. I am thinking of getting licensed in CA, just recently passed the NALVE and wondering how difficult is the CSB exam and if there is any study/practice material out there similar to VetPrep, Zuku, Princeton Review or Kaplan that I can use to study for the CSB? The reference list they provided on the Board website is so long I am not close to any library that's well-stocked so will prob. go broke getting those books before I can register for the CSB!
Thanks
[email protected]

Hello
looking for study partners for Cal State Boards, anyone out there taking in this window I mean in Aug-Oct
thanks please e-mail me at [email protected]
I live in San Diego, CA

Hello San Diego Vet,
I also live in San Diego and would like to take the Cal State Boards.... Did you take it already? How scary was it? Thanks!