CALifornia!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drshark

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am unaware which schools have regional bias, I am from so-cal. Which schools would be a waste of time and $$? I really rather just get in somewhere in cali or arizona, but I need back ups, so can anyone help? :)

scroll down i made a thread titled High OOS rate

I am unaware which schools have regional bias, I am from so-cal. Which schools would be a waste of time and $$? I really rather just get in somewhere in cali or arizona, but I need back ups, so can anyone help? :)

I'm also from southern California! Western matriculates a lot of California residents, but is very competitive. Touro CA, same story. Have you looked at Touro NV? That's where I'm going (it's awesome :) and I personally liked it more than both of the aforementioned schools) and around 40% of the class is from California.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also from southern California! Western matriculates a lot of California residents, but is very competitive. Touro CA, same story. Have you looked at Touro NV? That's where I'm going (it's awesome :) and I personally liked it more than both of the aforementioned schools) and around 40% of the class is from California.

I'll def check out that OOS post torshi.
Does Touro NV have a nice campus? I am also considering it:) I am hoping for western because It's only a 2 hour drive from home, but AZ or NV would make me happy too! What does NV have to offer? And do they have good residency placements?

I'll def check out that OOS post torshi.
Does Touro NV have a nice campus? I am also considering it:) I am hoping for western because It's only a 2 hour drive from home, but AZ or NV would make me happy too! What does NV have to offer? And do they have good residency placements?

It's not a traditional "campus" like western where you have to walk to different buildings, etc. but it's pretty and new :) and the last thing I would want to do in the 110 degree heat is walk between buildings anyways haha One of the main things I like about this school is that we are the only med school in Vegas and the only osteopathic school in Nevada, so rotations, etc. are awesome. Here is the 2011 match list for residencies http://tun.touro.edu/programs/colle...r-of-osteopathic-medicine/match-results-2011/

It's not a traditional "campus" like western where you have to walk to different buildings, etc. but it's pretty and new :) and the last thing I would want to do in the 110 degree heat is walk between buildings anyways haha One of the main things I like about this school is that we are the only med school in Vegas and the only osteopathic school in Nevada, so rotations, etc. are awesome. Here is the 2011 match list for residencies http://tun.touro.edu/programs/colle...r-of-osteopathic-medicine/match-results-2011/

omg did you say vegas?? I just might have to seriously consider it;) haha jk what a distraction! Thanks I'm going to look into it:) Do you know if they have rotation sites in california?