Calling ADCOMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NervousNerd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the general consensus on this? Yay or nay?

Specifically I have 3 schools I would like to know if my application is still under review / status of such as I have heard silence from them since July!

At the same time, I can't imagine the burden these committees have going through all us applicant. I don't want to be "that guy" who seems like a pest calling once to see if there are any updates.

What is your take on this?

Members don't see this ad.

General consensus is nay, don't be that guy, everyone else is nervous and impatient too

Reactions: 1 users
Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

What is the general consensus on this? Yay or nay?

Specifically I have 3 schools I would like to know if my application is still under review / status of such as I have heard silence from them since July!

At the same time, I can't imagine the burden these committees have going through all us applicant. I don't want to be "that guy" who seems like a pest calling once to see if there are any updates.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

If you already know that your application is complete at each school, like through a phone call, email, or on-line information, then try to let it lie. However, you can sometimes find out what's going on at a school indirectly by checking SDN's school-specific threads: You can learn dates of batch invitations, committee meetings, when letters will be sent out, etc, that members have posted about. A few schools have designated call-in days (eg, historically, Loyola's OK with Thursday's only if you want an phone update). Some are very friendly to inquiries at any time. And others are near impossible to get answers from or have staff with challenged phone etiquette skills.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, actually, the first part came from:

The first known publishing of the quote “Patiences is a virtue" comes from the poem “Piers Plowman” written between the years 1360 and 1387. Typical of texts from the 14th century, authorship can be debated though literary historians normally attribute most of the text to William Langland. However, there are multiple versions of this poem written at different times with sections believed to be authored by different, unknown people.

http://quotes.yourdictionary.com/articles/who-said-patience-is-a-virtue.html

It isn't a quote. @Goro said it one day and realized that it applied to a lot of pre-med queries requiring him to repeat it.