Campbell Biology 8th Edition... PowerPoint Slides

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tennisball80

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone has PowerPoint slides for Biology 8th Edition by Campbell?

I am sure one of your biology professors will post them online. But, my professor does not.

Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried google? I just google'd it and found a bunch of possible links depending on what you need atm.

Have you tried google? I just google'd it and found a bunch of possible links depending on what you need atm.

I gooled them. I tried various website and I could not found one.

Members don't see this ad :)
My professor puts his Powerpoint slides on the web, for this book. Any section you need specifically?

they're on the 8th edition already? :eek:

i'm old.

Is Campbell the one with the magnolia on the cover?

Just read book.

Oftentimes, that book is a bit too dense for a gen bio course. Many of the details in it aren't really important until later courses. So while I agree the OP should read the book as well as attend lecture, ultimately studying off the slides would probably be much higher yield when it comes test time (as well as MCAT studying time, although that's why most people just use an MCAT review book instead of their textbook, which is far too detailed to make it useful for an MCAT review).

I found some PowerPoint slides today. These slides are based on 7th edition of the book.

Anyone has some PowerPoint slides based on 8th edition?

although that's why most people just use an MCAT review book instead of their textbook, which is far too detailed to make it useful for an MCAT review).

Do you mean people use an MCAT review book to study for their Bio 1/2 classes??

Oftentimes, that book is a bit too dense for a gen bio course. Many of the details in it aren't really important until later courses. So while I agree the OP should read the book as well as attend lecture, ultimately studying off the slides would probably be much higher yield when it comes test time (as well as MCAT studying time, although that's why most people just use an MCAT review book instead of their textbook, which is far too detailed to make it useful for an MCAT review).

Interestingly enough, my high school used Campbell and my college used MBOC for intro bio. That was fun... although I agree that both are overkill for the MCAT. Review books work great unless one has literally no exposure, in which case taking the class is probably a good idea. =P

Yeah Cambell is pretty awesome but also a little excessive for the classes in which it is usually used.

I feel that it's really freaking gunner to use MCAT book in your Bio class. lol

I have some based on the 8th edition depending on what chapters you are looking at it. And yeah at my college we end up using the whole book in BIO 1, BIO 2 and organismal diversity ( systematics and stuff). Its nice that i only have to buy 1 book for all three of those classes:thumbup:

You can download artwork off the book's website as a zip file by the chapter..they won't have captions but that's what the book is for.

I found some PowerPoint slides today. These slides are based on 7th edition of the book.

Anyone has some PowerPoint slides based on 8th edition?

MCAT books are the shizz. They have the most relevant stuff you need to know, none of the BS with those 1000-page textbooks.