Campbell University (CUSOM) DIscussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As far as I know, the deposit can only be sent in by check :-/

Members don't see this ad.

Speaking of wait lists, if you are put on the wait list do they tell you anything a "position" or "rank" in the email?

yes! If you are interviewed for the waitlist, it is possible for you to make it to the top of the waitlist based on your interview. I am not sure if they tell you where you are at, but I know that you can make it to the top.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes! If you are interviewed for the waitlist, it is possible for you to make it to the top of the waitlist based on your interview. I am not sure if they tell you where you are at, but I know that you can make it to the top.
Yeah, Angela called me today, She offered me an interview and said it was for the waitlist. She explained that it is not a first come first serve basis. Its all based on your application and interview. I am truelly excited to have this chance. My interview is March 5!

So Joy told all of us that interviewed on 2/11, and I'm assuming 2/18, that we would hear back today 2/22 in the afternoon...anybody else this anxious?

Btw, the definition from free dictionary.com of afternoon is noon to sunset...and sunset for buies creek, nc is 6:04 pm today...so the six hour window is coming up

So Joy told all of us that interviewed on 2/11, and I'm assuming 2/18, that we would hear back today 2/22 in the afternoon...anybody else this anxious?

Btw, the definition from free dictionary.com of afternoon is noon to sunset...and sunset for buies creek, nc is 6:04 pm today...so the six hour window is coming up

As an FYI, we in the last cycle (a week ago) were informed at 5:30 pm.

Go enjoy your day as much as possible and put it out of your mind until it happens! (easier said then done :laugh:)

Go enjoy your day as much as possible and put it out of your mind until it happens! (easier said then done :laugh:)

Same here. Good luck to you all! Hope to see you all this fall at CUSOM!

Wow, you're really looking that much into it, huh...

Ah, ok, I'll be at work then but I'll keep my phone close, lol, thanks.

Just checked my email. I interviewed 2/16/13 and they wait listed me and said they are extremely interested. I guess that's good to know.

"Extremely interested" was not a personal message to you..

waitlisted as well

Just checked my email. I interviewed 2/16/13 and they wait listed me and said they are extremely interested. I guess that's good to know.

Hang in there guys (or gals). Its that time of the season where offers are constantly maxed out but after deposits are due every two weeks movement will happen and as other wait lists move so will CUSOMs. Be patient and when your time comes snatch it up, the hard work is over... until fall that is:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hang in there guys (or gals). Its that time of the season where offers are constantly maxed out but after deposits are due every two weeks movement will happen and as other wait lists move so will CUSOMs. Be patient and when your time comes snatch it up, the hard work is over... until fall that is:)

Thank you. I appreciate the motivation. I've had couple of interviews and hoping for the best outcome.

Withdrew my application today I hope one of you gets my interview spot. Best of Luck guys

Hello everybody!
I had my interview yesterday. It was the most relaxed, fun interview I have ever had! This staff is just awesome.

One thing I want to mention is that, according to Joy, If you make it on the waitlist, but don't get a spot in this years class, they may accept you for NEXT years class if you are interested.

Just wanted to mention that for those of you who fell in love with Campbell as much as I did!

Good luck to everybody!!

Hello everybody!
I had my interview yesterday. It was the most relaxed, fun interview I have ever had! This staff is just awesome.

One thing I want to mention is that, according to Joy, If you make it on the waitlist, but don't get a spot in this years class, they may accept you for NEXT years class if you are interested.

Just wanted to mention that for those of you who fell in love with Campbell as much as I did!

Good luck to everybody!!
Mine is next week. What hotel did you stayed at any suggestions? Anyone?
Glad you liked the school I'm looking forward to seeing it myself :)

Do any of the accepted students know if you can get the drug test done anywhere, or does it have to be done at a specific place or something? The online form only lists places in North Carolina.

I interviewed yesterday too and it was great!

I was not sure what to expect so I was pleasantly surprised.

Do any of the accepted students know if you can get the drug test done anywhere, or does it have to be done at a specific place or something? The online form only lists places in North Carolina.
Hey FutureDO22,
Just go to the contact us on the certili...sp? website and call them and tell them you are applying to campbell and have to take the drug test and ask if you can take the test at _____ location. You can find a list of locations on the labcorp website, and you can also schedule appts on the labcorp website. Hope this helps,

You can get the drug test done at any LabCorp (they're all over the country). Just give them the Campbell code (in the email you got after you paid for the drug screen).

Mine is next week. What hotel did you stayed at any suggestions? Anyone?
Glad you liked the school I'm looking forward to seeing it myself :)
koko12,
I think the only hotel in the area is the Microtel in Lillington NC. It is only 5 minutes from the school, so I was happy I stayed there. I only live 2 hours away, but there was no way I was getting up that early, and good luck :)

koko12,
I think the only hotel in the area is the Microtel in Lillington NC. It is only 5 minutes from the school, so I was happy I stayed there. I only live 2 hours away, but there was no way I was getting up that early, and good luck :)
Thank you! Ill go ahead n make my reservations!

Just made it official! Sent my deposit today! How can I join the Facebook group?

If you haven't found it yet, search Facebook for "CUSOM Class of 2017" and I guess just ask to join.

Question....I read that the curriculum here is more of a group learning and clinical cases curriculum. To those who interviewed here, can you elaborate on this? Thanks!

Question....I read that the curriculum here is more of a group learning and clinical cases curriculum. To those who interviewed here, can you elaborate on this? Thanks!

From what I gathered on interview day was that there will still be traditional lectures but they will use group study and case studies to emphasize the important information.

For example, the lecture halls were designed with movable tables so that it was easy to break into small group discussion during the lecture time.

Yeahh they were saying its going to be a hybrid between traditional system's based lectures with clinical case based studies (small group discussions/workshops). A lot of medical schools (MD and DO) are moving toward this style of curriculum as the old traditional method of sitting in a lecture for 3-5 hours was not efficient nor optimal for learning

Yeahh they were saying its going to be a hybrid between traditional system's based lectures with clinical case based studies (small group discussions/workshops). A lot of medical schools (MD and DO) are moving toward this style of curriculum as the old traditional method of sitting in a lecture for 3-5 hours was not efficient nor optimal for learning
Thank you for the info. How are the interviews like? I know there is 3 separate ones. Is there a specific way they interview? One on one? Also do they provide lunch? And how long are the interviews?

Thank you for the info. How are the interviews like? I know there is 3 separate ones. Is there a specific way they interview? One on one? Also do they provide lunch? And how long are the interviews?

It is three one on one interviews. It is very conversational (I know every school says that, but they really are at CUSOM). They are 30 minutes each i believe, and they do provide lunch after. Just be yourself, smile, show that you have a personality, and don't give canned answers (I know that everyone gives this advice, but it is especially true here). I absolutely loved the faculty and staff here! They are some of the nicest, most genuine people you will ever meet!

It is three one on one interviews. It is very conversational (I know every school says that, but they really are at CUSOM). They are 30 minutes each i believe, and they do provide lunch after. Just be yourself, smile, show that you have a personality, and don't give canned answers (I know that everyone gives this advice, but it is especially true here). I absolutely loved the faculty and staff here! They are some of the nicest, most genuine people you will ever meet!
Thank you so much! Congrats on your acceptance! I like the area. Today I drive around n didn't have to use the GPS because it was very easy to get around places. That's is big accomplishment :)
I look forward to meeting them in the morning :)

Just got the acceptance call yesterday off the waiting list and have accepted =D Trying to find a few roommates to move into a house together... let me know if anyone's interested. You can find me on Facebook: Boots Vineyard
Good luck to everyone!

Just got the acceptance call yesterday off the waiting list and have accepted =D Trying to find a few roommates to move into a house together... let me know if anyone's interested. You can find me on Facebook: Boots Vineyard
Good luck to everyone!

Feel free to join the Facebook group. You may find some others needing roommates on there

Congrats, I'm planning on going to accepted students day next month, gonna check out some houses and apartments while I'm down there and maybe meet some people to room with.

I withdrew my acceptance. CUSOM is the best school I interviewed with. However I have to put family first. Hope one of you my takes my slot.

I withdrew my acceptance. CUSOM is the best school I interviewed with. However I have to put family first. Hope one of you my takes my slot.
Update....There are 60 students on the waitlist. It's ranked. But Joy won't tell you where you are at. Also there is 162 seats available. At this point they have given out all seats availble but 152 have put deposits down. She is waiting on the other 10 to deposit. Board meets this Thursday, so we can either be rejected or WAITLISTED. Thanks Chinitoe for the update. Hopefully more seats open up. :) Chinitoe did you put a deposit down? Or are you one of the ten acceptances that haven't yet.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. :)

Anyone else?

What's tomorrow? Board acceptances called?

Tomorrow is the day they told my interview group that we would be receiving decisions. In our group we were told to expect either waitlist or reject because the class is technically full.

Ah, gotcha, I wish they would tell us our ranking, but anyway, in the case that you are waitlisted tomorrow, "welcome to the club" lol

I hope both you guys get in! This school is so amazing! It's too bad that it filled up so quickly (east coast has much to do with that).

Last edited:
Ah, gotcha, I wish they would tell us our ranking, but anyway, in the case that you are waitlisted tomorrow, "welcome to the club" lol

Thank you. :)

I'm officially part of the wait list club. :)