Campbell University (CUSOM) DIscussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm the youngest of 3, 3 is a good number. I worry that if I do become a physician, I won't be able to have that kind of lifestyle that would be condusive to raising children. It would be hard to see sick kids, but helping them is the best thing you can do for th

It would be nice to have twins or triplet :D maybe 2 boys and 2 girls hmmmm idk yet.

I'm gonna need to hire nannies if I end up with that many kids.

Members don't see this ad.

It would be nice to have twins or triplet :D maybe 2 boys and 2 girls hmmmm idk yet.

I'm gonna need to hire nannies if I end up with that many kids.

I wonder how other physicians do it. Well, you know what I mean. XD

Twins/ Triplets/Multiple births sounds excruciatingly painful. :scared: I suppose you get two birds with one stone, but still... God bless epidurals and painkillers!

I wonder how other physicians do it. Well, you know what I mean. XD

Twins/ Triplets/Multiple births sounds excruciatingly painful. :scared: I suppose you get two birds with one stone, but still... God bless epidurals and painkillers!

It's okay, pain is only temporarily. :D

if it doesn't work out in the end. I'm open to adoption...adopt 1 black kid, 1 hispanic kid, 1 asian kid, 1 white kid.. and have a wonderful multi-racial family

Members don't see this ad :)
It's okay, pain is only temporarily. :D

if it doesn't work out in the end. I'm open to adoption...adopt 1 black kid, 1 hispanic kid, 1 asian kid, 1 white kid.. and have a wonderful multi-racial family

No pain, no game, they say.

Aw, that sounds really cute. :D

No pain, no game, they say.

Aw, that sounds really cute. :D

I suppose, but I won't be the one to have to go through the pain though ;)

I'm not sure how my parents would handle it if I end up adopting that many different race kids, they're pretty conservative.

I suppose, but I won't be the one to have to go through the pain though ;)

I'm not sure how my parents would handle it if I end up adopting that many different race kids, they're pretty conservative.

Lucky! I'll have to. Unless I get a C-section, which is a bit extreme.

I have Irish Catholic family, I understand entirely. Ironically enough, I'm agnostic, even though I'm going to Campbell. xD

Lucky! I'll have to. Unless I get a C-section, which is a bit extreme.

I have Irish Catholic family, I understand entirely. Ironically enough, I'm agnostic, even though I'm going to Campbell. xD

C section ain't that extreme, but some people might find the scar bothersome though. You know you're gonna have to take that mandatory religion class this fall right?

Why would it matter if they did? Maybe it would not be your choice of school but many students will look for something like this. Loma Linda has no problem filling its class every year. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Which is why I said for me?

C section ain't that extreme, but some people might find the scar bothersome though. You know you're gonna have to take that mandatory religion class this fall right?

My grandmother is one of those "natural or bust" people. She'd throw a clot if I got a C-section, I think.

I know, but it couldn't hurt. At a minimum, it'd help me look at my own beliefs.

My grandmother is one of those "natural or bust" people. She'd throw a clot if I got a C-section, I think.

I know, but it couldn't hurt. At a minimum, it'd help me look at my own beliefs.

That's good, I think natural is always better :rolleyes:

I didn't do well in my religion class. I took this class called, "Introduction to Religions" and only managed to get a C in that class. The class wasn't hard or anything but I was highly unmotivated because I didn't believe in >90% of them :p

Members don't see this ad :)
That's good, I think natural is always better :rolleyes:

I didn't do well in my religion class. I took this class called, "Introduction to Religions" and only managed to get a C in that class. The class wasn't hard or anything but I was highly unmotivated because I didn't believe in >90% of them :p

Even though I don't believe in a religion at the moment, they are still interesting. Especially ancient cultures.

Every Monday at 4 for a year. It will certainly be intense! XD

Even though I don't believe in a religion at the moment, they are still interesting. Especially ancient cultures.

Every Monday at 4 for a year. It will certainly be intense! XD

It'll just be like a 'mandatory" weekly bible study. I never said I was an atheist or an agnostic though :rolleyes:

I own 4 bibles, 1 in my book-bag, 1 at work, 1 in my bedroom, 1 in my bathroom. TMI :laugh:

It'll just be like a 'mandatory" weekly bible study. I never said I was an atheist or an agnostic though :rolleyes:

I own 4 bibles, 1 in my book-bag, 1 at work, 1 in my bedroom, 1 in my bathroom. TMI :laugh:

Your bathroom, really? Well, to each their own, good for you.

The last time I was in church regularly I was 3 and in Catholic mass. I was a loud toddler, so I screamed a lot during proccedings. My poor parents... xD

Your bathroom, really? Well, to each their own, good for you.

The last time I was in church regularly I was 3 and in Catholic mass. I was a loud toddler, so I screamed a lot during proccedings. My poor parents... xD

LOL yeah it ain't that bad. I usually just use the app on my iPhone though. I'm not super religious or anything :rolleyes:

I think CU would be a good place for me if I end up going there for SoM.

LOL yeah it ain't that bad. I usually just use the app on my iPhone though. I'm not super religious or anything :rolleyes:

I think CU would be a good place for me if I end up going there for SoM.

It's a pretty campus, and the construction on the SoM building is coming along nicely.

So, what class are you? I may see you around if you end up coming here for medical school.

It's a pretty campus, and the construction on the SoM building is coming along nicely.

So, what class are you? I may see you around if you end up coming here for medical school.

I'm not applying to any schools for another 3 or 4 years :rolleyes:

I'm about to start my doctoral program in Chemistry in 2 months, I'm gonna have to deal with a lot of...young..pre-med students... :banana:

I'm not applying to any schools for another 3 or 4 years :rolleyes:

I'm about to start my doctoral program in Chemistry in 2 months, I'm gonna have to deal with a lot of...young..pre-med students... :banana:

You'll be Dr. Dr. ECU Pirate! :D

That also means you'll probably be a part of my class (2020), provided that I get in on my first application cycle. How neat!

You'll be Dr. Dr. ECU Pirate! :D

That also means you'll probably be a part of my class (2020), provided that I get in on my first application cycle. How neat!

Yeah, just like Christina Yang from Grey's Anatomy. She has a PhD in Biochemistry from Berkeley, and a MD from Stanford.

and yes I am more likely to be a part of class 2020 or 2021 :D

Yeah, just like Christina Yang from Grey's Anatomy. She has a PhD in Biochemistry from Berkeley, and a MD from Stanford.

and yes I am more likely to be a part of class 2020 or 2021 :D

I haven't watched Gray's Anatomy, I'll have to see a few episodes sometime.

Yay, a fellow 2020er! I'm not forever alone. XD

I haven't watched Gray's Anatomy, I'll have to see a few episodes sometime.

Yay, a fellow 2020er! I'm not forever alone. XD

you're missing out! I just finished all 8 seasons yesterday, it took me about 3 weeks to finish everything. You can watch the first 7 seasons in high definition on Netflix. :D You gotta check out the first season first.

There aren't many 2020ers on here I don't think. but I'm sure there will be a lot of them in 2 years hehe

you're missing out! I just finished all 8 seasons yesterday, it took me about 3 weeks to finish everything. You can watch the first 7 seasons in high definition on Netflix. :D You gotta check out the first season first.

There aren't many 2020ers on here I don't think. but I'm sure there will be a lot of them in 2 years hehe

I have Netflix! I'll check it out!

I bet in two years the place will be swarming. :O

I have Netflix! I'll check it out!

I bet in two years the place will be swarming. :O

Oh yes, you should also check out Body of Proof. I love Dana Delany, she's just ahhh-mazing

I am looking forward to see CU SoM's student body compositions next fall

Oh yes, you should also check out Body of Proof. I love Dana Delany, she's just ahhh-mazing

I am looking forward to see CU SoM's student body compositions next fall

I love Bizarre ER and Dr. G, myself.

I wonder what it'll be like. I'm excited already! :zip:

I love Bizarre ER and Dr. G, myself.

I wonder what it'll be like. I'm excited already! :zip:

I know right, I think a lot of people who are gonna apply to Brody, UNC, Duke, or Wake Forest medical schools might also apply to CU as a backup school, at least for NC applicants :p

I know right, I think a lot of people who are gonna apply to Brody, UNC, Duke, or Wake Forest medical schools might also apply to CU as a backup school, at least for NC applicants :p

NC applicants like us are pretty lucky. We got quite a few schools to choose from.

It's almost standard practice to apply to at least 5 schools as a bare minimum, so I think I'll try my luck with all of them then choose from those who take me.

NC applicants like us are pretty lucky. We got quite a few schools to choose from.

It's almost standard practice to apply to at least 5 schools as a bare minimum, so I think I'll try my luck with all of them then choose from those who take me.

5 schools aren't enough I don't think. I'm gonna apply to at least 15 - 25 schools if my MCAT is below than a 38 :p

5 schools aren't enough I don't think. I'm gonna apply to at least 15 - 25 schools if my MCAT is below than a 38 :p

5 is the minimum that is at least somewhat practical. I agree that the more, the merrier in this case.

A 38 is a hard score to get. By the time we apply, though, there will be a new MCAT with a different scale and psychology is getting added and replacing the writing section.

5 is the minimum that is at least somewhat practical. I agree that the more, the merrier in this case.

A 38 is a hard score to get. By the time we apply, though, there will be a new MCAT with a different scale and psychology is getting added and replacing the writing section.

I might even take out a small amount of loan just for application fees and a MCAT prep course. :D

I'm glad they're getting rid of the writing section. :thumbup:

I might even take out a small amount of loan just for application fees and a MCAT prep course. :D

I'm glad they're getting rid of the writing section. :thumbup:

That's actually a great idea. I'll keep that in mind. :D

My writing is terrible. I'm glad that they're getting rid of that section too. I think I got a 6 out of 9 on the SAT.

I'm also a 2020er(hopefully), though it sucks since I'm already 22 and will be applying with 215 credits.:eek: By the way @Conflagration, if CU doesn't work out for you, you should transfer to APP. Best football in the state!:thumbup:

I'm also a 2020er(hopefully), though it sucks since I'm already 22 and will be applying with 215 credits.:eek: By the way @Conflagration, if CU doesn't work out for you, you should transfer to APP. Best football in the state!:thumbup:

Some of my friends are going there for teaching degrees. If CU doesn't work out, I'll find something that does.

Some of my friends are going there for teaching degrees. If CU doesn't work out, I'll find something that does.

ECU is better than APP. Boone is in the middle of no where in a mountain :p Greenville is only an hour away from beach, and we have a lot of attractive students haha

I will be applying here. I am OOS (Ohio) so hopefully that is not held against me too much!

ECU is better than APP. Boone is in the middle of no where in a mountain :p Greenville is only an hour away from beach, and we have a lot of attractive students haha

My family's driven through Boone from Kentucky, it's a little town, I agree. I've never been to Greenville, I did go to Wilmington, which was around Boone size. XD

My family's driven through Boone from Kentucky, it's a little town, I agree. I've never been to Greenville, I did go to Wilmington, which was around Boone size. XD

Greenville is a college town and is expanding. It's an hour away from Raleigh and the triangle area, and hour away from beach. I thought Wilmington was alright, all their buildings were so spreaded out and not in walking distance, which can be problematic when you have back to back classes.

ECU is the beeeeeest!

Greenville is a college town and is expanding. It's an hour away from Raleigh and the triangle area, and hour away from beach. I thought Wilmington was alright, all their buildings were so spreaded out and not in walking distance, which can be problematic when you have back to back classes.

ECU is the beeeeeest!

I was able to get my major fixed. =D

I'll have to see how this year goes. I ran the numbers and calculated that CU will cost $9,660 a year, but that's with commuting, not considering gas money or potential lending fines on my Direct loans(which I found out can be up to 6 cents on the dollar).

Maybe, if you don't count football.:cool: It's where I grew up so I may be a little bias haha.

I lived in Wilmington for the past three years. I'd say it is about 30 times the size of Boone. No joke. Though, I am going to school in Indiana now. Right across the river from Louisville, and I much prefer being in a metro area.

Well, the good thing is that by the time we will be applying, Campbell will be graduating their first class and we be able to see the success of their students and program(Board pass rate, match rate, etc.). That will definitively help with deciding to apply or not.

Hopefully, living in NC for 22 years and having 95% of my immediate family living there will give me some strong tie love when I'm applying to UNC and CU. I'm not even going to try with ECU since they only take IS students.

I lived in Wilmington for the past three years. I'd say it is about 30 times the size of Boone. No joke. Though, I am going to school in Indiana now. Right across the river from Louisville, and I much prefer being in a metro area.

I lived by Louisville when I did live in Kentucky. It's a great region.

I wasn't in Wilmington for long, only a weekend. We mainly stayed by the coast or in the hotel. It reminded me of when I used to live in Massachusetts.

I've moved a lot. XD

I lived by Louisville when I did live in Kentucky. It's a great region.

I wasn't in Wilmington for long, only a weekend. We mainly stayed by the coast or in the hotel. It reminded me of when I used to live in Massachusetts.

I've moved a lot. XD

You get around! :p

Well, the good thing is that by the time we will be applying, Campbell will be graduating their first class and we be able to see the success of their students and program(Board pass rate, match rate, etc.). That will definitively help with deciding to apply or not.

Hopefully, living in NC for 22 years and having 95% of my immediate family living there will give me some strong tie love when I'm applying to UNC and CU. I'm not even going to try with ECU since they only take IS students.

I won't be able to apply to Brody neither :(

I'm not sure about UNC though....because I'm a Duke fan :thumbup: UMADBRO

I won't be able to apply to Brody neither :(

I'm not sure about UNC though....because I'm a Duke fan :thumbup: UMADBRO

I actually hate both. I'm an IU fan. Chapel Hill is awesome though, and their med school is one of the best in the country.

You're awesome, and Indiana is winning the (basketball) championship this year. You can quote me on that!

AMEN "one banner, two banner, three banner, four... five banner, six banner knockin' on your door" :D I play that song when I start to miss B-Town.